What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Man. I just read the first page of the "What's our Rock Bottom" thread. I'm just going to show myself the door. You guys are so pathetic that it is not even fun anymore. There is nothing I can say that you haven't already admitted to yourselves. Honestly, don't get your hopes up boys. This is some historic suckery the Buffs have mustered for themselves.

Eventually the Red Sox shook the curse of the Bambino. Hell even the Cubs eventually won a pennant. But this ain't baseball and in this game the big dogs are getting bigger and the Buffs, well the Buffs are still dreaming about that one time they caught the car. Bill McCartney ain't coming back.

So go ahead and keep jerking each other off. This is your 2 months of fun. A time to dream big about all the what could bes and how this hire is "going to be different this time". I don't have to tell you it won't, because you already know it won't. But at least every blowout loss for the rest of the season you can keep telling yourself, next year, next year.

Anyway, **** all of you.

Where are you on Bronco Mendenhall? More than anything curious as to your opinion on him.

USA Today's Paul Myerberg called that a dream hire for CU.
I like him more right now than I would normally for CU. He is probably the safest hire CU could possibly make and I think we’re in a position where we can’t afford to miss on this next hire. I think Bronco represents a MacIntyre-like floor and a Barnett-like ceiling. So in hiring Bronco we might be trading some upside for safety which is probably a smart trade right now. I still personally think we need to inject some energy and sizzle into the program so I’m more partial to Herman or someone like Gattis, but I would be perfectly happy with a Bronco hire and would happily renew my season tickets.

Man. I just read the first page of the "What's our Rock Bottom" thread. I'm just going to show myself the door. You guys are so pathetic that it is not even fun anymore. There is nothing I can say that you haven't already admitted to yourselves. Honestly, don't get your hopes up boys. This is some historic suckery the Buffs have mustered for themselves.

Eventually the Red Sox shook the curse of the Bambino. Hell even the Cubs eventually won a pennant. But this ain't baseball and in this game the big dogs are getting bigger and the Buffs, well the Buffs are still dreaming about that one time they caught the car. Bill McCartney ain't coming back.

So go ahead and keep jerking each other off. This is your 2 months of fun. A time to dream big about all the what could bes and how this hire is "going to be different this time". I don't have to tell you it won't, because you already know it won't. But at least every blowout loss for the rest of the season you can keep telling yourself, next year, next year.

Anyway, **** all of you.

You will be missed.

Anyway, **** all of you.
What a C*NT.

I like him more right now than I would normally for CU. He is probably the safest hire CU could possibly make and I think we’re in a position where we can’t afford to miss on this next hire. I think Bronco represents a MacIntyre-like floor and a Barnett-like ceiling. So in hiring Bronco we might be trading some upside for safety which is probably a smart trade right now. I still personally think we need to inject some energy and sizzle into the program so I’m more partial to Herman or someone like Gattis, but I would be perfectly happy with a Bronco hire and would happily renew my season tickets.
Forget a safety coach. Dorrell was a safety hire. Time to get back to who can recruit and coach them up the best. If that cat leaves in 3 years to go to a top 10 program but got us to a 9 win season by his third year, we are in a better place than another safe hire and in a far better position to level up at the next coach after that. Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win

OMG. OMG OMG. This is too good to be true! I get to sit back and watch you miserable arseholes throw piss balloons at each other for the next 2 months. I may load up a few marshmallows with batteries just to join in the fun. (Seriously, I am like a giddy teenager rn, lol).

Anyway, F*CK all of you. Here are my top 3

1. Scott Frost - please baby moloch make it so
2. Cody Hawkins - baby hawk to lead the buffs would be epic (can we put his profile in the coaches list please?)
3. Bobby Petrino - someone that will actually burn it all to the ground in grand fashion while also giving you all a glimmer of hope that this could be the One!
who is that GIF

OMG. OMG OMG. This is too good to be true! I get to sit back and watch you miserable arseholes throw piss balloons at each other for the next 2 months. I may load up a few marshmallows with batteries just to join in the fun. (Seriously, I am like a giddy teenager rn, lol).

Anyway, F*CK all of you. Here are my top 3

1. Scott Frost - please baby moloch make it so
2. Cody Hawkins - baby hawk to lead the buffs would be epic (can we put his profile in the coaches list please?)
3. Bobby Petrino - someone that will actually burn it all to the ground in grand fashion while also giving you all a glimmer of hope that this could be the One!
Solid. Would read again.

Anyway, **** all of you.
To be fair, we'd be jerking each other off either way.

Forget a safety coach. Dorrell was a safety hire. Time to get back to who can recruit and coach them up the best. If that cat leaves in 3 years to go to a top 10 program but got us to a 9 win season by his third year, we are in a better place than another safe hire and in a far better position to level up at the next coach after that. Win, Win, Win, Win, Win, Win
Dorrell was definitely not a safe hire. Everyone in Buff nation outside George and Carl saw that disaster coming a mile away.

Anyway, **** all of you.
I hate this guy

If RG had signed Dorrell to a contract with same buyout provisions as in Harsin's contract (70% of remaining contract owed), Dorrell would be owed $6.1 million instead of $8.7 million.
It's comical to me that a proven head coach that had been in the college game got a contract where he is owed a % of the remaining contract and not the full thing. But Karl Dorrell who hadn't coached in CFB since 2014 (only for 1 year), and had nowhere near the success that Harsin did at Boise State, was given a FULLY GUARANTEED contract. Rick George is an absolute joke holy hell.

It's comical to me that a proven head coach that had been in the college game got a contract where he is owed a % of the remaining contract and not the full thing. But Karl Dorrell who hadn't coached in CFB since 2014 (only for 1 year), and had nowhere near the success that Harsin did at Boise State, was given a FULLY GUARANTEED contract. Rick George is an absolute joke holy hell.
Somehow Rick George is still employed by the University of Colorado…

I would agree with you-again. I prefer Herman to Bronco, but if I know I'm getting Robert Anae with Bronco.......that decision becomes a little tougher. I honestly think if we're deciding between those two, we're not going wrong.

Herman has some question marks. I think a good coach wins at UT quickly. Sure there’s other factors but still….

Anyway, **** all of you.
Thank U GIF by chuber channel
Ill Miss You GIF

Anyway, **** all of you.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Herman has some question marks. I think a good coach wins at UT quickly. Sure there’s other factors but still….
???

In 2018 (his second season) he delivered the first 10 win season at Texas in 9 years, a top 10 finish, and a Sugar Bowl victory over #5 Georgia.

He also has the second-best winning percentage of any coach at UT since the mid 80s.

Since Mack Brown, Texas has been to 5 bowl games and won 4. Herman is responsible for 4 of the 5 bowl game appearances and all 4 bowl wins in his 4 seasons.

I don't think it's as easy to win at Texas as many suggest. In fact, I think Texas is a near impossible situation for pretty much any coach. They are ready to run Sark off after 17 games. It's difficult to win when the expectations are "immediate winner or you lose all support."

This, and Midnight Mel's contract, should be fireable offenses.

???

In 2018 (his second season) he delivered the first 10 win season at Texas in 9 years, a top 10 finish, and a Sugar Bowl victory over #5 Georgia.

He also has the second-best winning percentage of any coach at UT since the mid 80s.

Since Mack Brown, Texas has been to 5 bowl games and won 4. Herman is responsible for 4 of the 5 bowl game appearances and all 4 bowl wins in his 4 seasons.

I don't think it's as easy to win at Texas as many suggest. In fact, I think Texas is a near impossible situation for pretty much any coach. They are ready to run Sark off after 17 games. It's difficult to win when the expectations are "immediate winner or you lose all support."
Trajectory.

Year 2 (2018) he goes 7-2 in conference.
Year 3 he goes 5-4
Year 4 he goes 5-3 (although this is the Covid season, which I'm willing to put an asterisk on).

Matt Campbell has done more in having Iowa State beat Herman's Longhorns in Austin in year 4.

Herman may be a top 10 level HC yet. But he's not a certified home run like a Chris Petersen type.
Plus, some guys come back from being fired with fierce motivation. Others look at the 2nd lottery ticket as the ticket to easy life.

I think there's a high ceiling here, but there's more risks than I'm comfortable with based on what we know right now. But hey, I've never met the guy!

Trajectory.

Year 2 (2018) he goes 7-2 in conference.
Year 3 he goes 5-4
Year 4 he goes 5-3 (although this is the Covid season, which I'm willing to put an asterisk on).

Matt Campbell has done more in having Iowa State beat Herman's Longhorns in Austin in year 4.

Herman may be a top 10 level HC yet. But he's not a certified home run like a Chris Petersen type.
Plus, some guys come back from being fired with fierce motivation. Others look at the 2nd lottery ticket as the ticket to easy life.

I think there's a high ceiling here, but there's more risks than I'm comfortable with based on what we know right now. But hey, I've never met the guy!
Are we really in a position to be critical of a coach who may not be a “certified home run like a Chris Petersen”? Is that really the bar we’re setting for this hire?

And if trajectory is your barometer then Iowa State may not be the best example at the moment.

Rick is trying to find out how to reverse mortgage the Champion’s Center to sign Mark Helfrich to a fully guaranteed $100MM deal by draining all possible equity in Folsom
"The Fonz told me it was a good idea in between segments of 'Fox and Friends'. He wouldn't lie to me! Hell, do you know he literally jumped over a shark on water skis once? Best episode ever man..."

???

How can you tell if he can recruit? He hasn’t been anywhere long enough. Certainly didn’t set future coaches us for success at places he left.

Just hire Mike Mac again....he was solid and would still be here if we hadn't fired him.
He got kids to play above their talent level.

Make it easy.

Back