What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

What has kept the big boosters from getting RG fired thus far? More buyout money?
No one will listen to them. RG shuts down any donors, unless they are supportive of his views. DiStefano won’t engage because he could care less, and I think is showing signs of senility. RG won’t challenge DiStefano due to his own self interests. Mark Kennedy had no interest or feel for D1 athletics, and the Regents never supported him. anyway.

It’s Saliman or bust for real changes.

So you're saying that this is basically a message board full of idiots.
I would say many CU fans sometimes refuse believe there is no hope with a current coach, AD, Chancellor, President, etc and will justify the decisions, coaching, etc in order to maintain that hope. I've done it plenty and it has taken more evidence than necessary to change the perspective

Mendenhall has been linked to CU before, so this is not just wishful thinking.
It’s a match made in heaven. I just hope we can match the terms and needs with Bronco. I could see us screwing it up in the negotiating phase and Bronco telling us to pound sand. He did surprise and go as far East as Virginia.

Ya, Mel coming for 12 months, then bolting, leading to Sark-gate and a desperate last second hire had nothing to do with our demise.
You're correct, it didn't. Hiring Dorrell for literally no reason is the catalyst in why this team is likely going 0-12. Had Rick stopped pouting about losing Tucker and actually did his job by hiring another qualified HC, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Drives me nuts that so many over on 247 are opposed to Bronco. They’re so delusional about recruiting.
247 posters are some of the lowest IQ morons I’ve ever seen. I’m not surprised they’re out on bronco.

I’m sure they’re also talking themselves into Sanford, Helfrich, Hugh Freeze, and other terrible choices for CU. I love Adam, but there are some really poorly informed people on that board

Most of the names being bandied about are pretty decent. That means, of course, that we will end up hiring some random guy none of us have heard of. The options are good. We just don’t seem to be willing to capitalize. Prove me wrong, RG.
RG went after Ryan Day and had a reasonable shot at getting him to coach at CU before the Ohio State job came open. RG then went to Mel Tucker, who had things going in a good trajectory. Tucker was going to put the program at a level or two above what MM was going to be able to do.

The KD hire was a head-scratcher from the start, and it always seemed like a panic move. I do think RG is capable of identifying a good head coach. But you are correct--he has to prove it after the KD fiasco.

Rick George should have already been fired! Several of us have a lunch scheduled in early November with the new President - we are going to let him have it as it relates to RG. I thought he would be good early in his tenure, but he's really nothing more than a glorified, empty suit salesman.

I know for a fact that fund raising to the AD has dried-up. He has managed to completely alienate key boosters like George Solich and others. He also alienated coaches in Tucker, Mike MacIntyre and Jim Leavitt. He makes enemies or thoroughly ignores those who disagree with him. He won't work hard why is why the AD has so many long-time cronies who have no fire or desire to be great. Most amazingly to me, even when our recruiting is demonstrably terrible, he staunchly defends it to boosters.

His main concern in the last year has been himself, which is why he negotiated a sizable salary increase and extension despite failing the football program miserably. He is too worried about himself to push back against the DiStefano to loosen the ridiculous restrictions for transfers.

He's got to go - real $$$ for CU are at stake here!
Would love to hear any tidbits from that conversation.

No one will listen to them. RG shuts down any donors, unless they are supportive of his views. DiStefano won’t engage because he could care less, and I think is showing signs of senility. RG won’t challenge DiStefano due to his own self interests. Mark Kennedy had no interest or feel for D1 athletics, and the Regents never supported him. anyway.

It’s Saliman or bust for real changes.
Wow, that is scary sad and explains another angle of why things are so bad. Not having donor cash is catastrophic though.
Go get em

Not to defend RG but I thought Solich was pissed about the food cart and Butch Jones which RG had nothing to do with. That being said I hope the next AD is able to re-kindle the CU-Solich relationship

The Mike MacIntyre who has a 73-0 loss on the schedule this year and needed OT to beat someplace called Bryant University? Yeah, no thanks.
I'm good friends with a member of that staff. You don't want him back. And if we did get him back, every member of his his g'damn family would be on staff in an undeserved high level position. Hell to the No.

That place wants to promote Sanford tomorrow simply because he has actual human emotions and expresses himself well despite him being a huge disaster everywhere including here. But Bronco is Dorrell 2.0, apparently
I posted it yesterday - ask Gopher faithful how Sanford coached there. He's changed his attitude for his "audition." Also, don't be too sure the players are suddenly all on board and locked in after the change.

I'm good friends with a member of that staff. You don't want him back. And if we did get him back, every member of his his g'damn family would be on staff in an undeserved high level position. Hell to the No.
I think, in retrospect, MikMak did some good things here. He balanced the roster, the Buffs played generally sound X and O football. His recruiting was a mixed bag, he had some decent defensive guys he brought in, but flopped on the OL, probably the one place CU needed help the most.

He topped out, and it was time for a change, and I realize it is the lowest of bars, but he was light years better than Kardboard.

Having said all that, CU need not revisit the MikMak era.

Not to defend RG but I thought Solich was pissed about the food cart and Butch Jones which RG had nothing to do with. That being said I hope the next AD is able to re-kindle the CU-Solich relationship
IMO, not impossible but not likely.

I posted it yesterday - ask Gopher faithful how Sanford coached there. He's changed his attitude for his "audition." Also, don't be too sure the players are suddenly all on board and locked in after the change.
WKU fans have nothing good to say about the two year Sanford run. He came on the heels of the Petrino and Brohm tenures and ran them into the ground. I really hope CU does not do the lazy thing and just elevate the interim. Even if they manage to win a couple of games down the stretch, CU can do better.

Back