What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

Much as I’d love to have him here, I don’t think there’s any chance whatsoever that Prime takes the job.

This offer getting leaked feels much more like it’s coming from Deion’s camp than from anywhere else, and if that’s the case they’re putting it out there to get a better offer from USF, or another P5. If it was actually happening here, it would be a hiring announcement getting leaked early, not an offer.

The thing I like about Prime is the amount of positivity I have seen from former players for him becoming coach. Especially from those that were way past his era. This tells me that 1 they think he has the cache to bring us back, and 2 they know he is a good coach. I have never before seen such positivity from the NFL buffs.
Heck, even the NBA Buffs.

Much as I’d love to have him here, I don’t think there’s any chance whatsoever that Prime takes the job.

This offer getting leaked feels much more like it’s coming from Deion’s camp than from anywhere else, and if that’s the case they’re putting it out there to get a better offer from USF, or another P5. If it was actually happening here, it would be a hiring announcement getting leaked early, not an offer.
None of what you described is Adam's MO for reporting

It's like you came running to post when you heard "academic elite".
I did come running because I used the term about a month ago and got skewered by those who will defend all things liberal, at all costs.

In my view 90% of academia is liberal.

Fine.

Not all academics are “elitist.” I believe that CU’s academic leadership are elitist.

I also believe that they resent football. That bothers me.

I did come running because I used the term about a month ago and got skewered by those who will defend all things liberal, at all costs.

Fine.

Not all academics are “elitist.” I believe that CU’s academic leadership are elitist.

How did you reach these beliefs about hundreds of people, if not thousands at CU alone?

I never thought professors gave a damn one way or another about football while at CU

How did you reach these beliefs about hundreds of people, if not thousands at CU alone?

I never thought professors gave a damn one way or another about football while at CU
I think you are probably right about most front line professors. I speak more about the leadership.

Fine.

I was just being playful.

Who is leadership?
Well it's a well-known fact, sonny-jim, that there's a secret society of the 5 wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually in a secret country mansion in Colorado known as The Meadows. The Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothschilds...and Colonel Sanders before he went tits up! Ooh I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face! Ohh you're gonna buy my chicken! Ooh! How can I hate the Colonel? Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly, smart ass!

Fascinatingly cherry-picking, unrelated straw-man juxtaposition of assertions while ignoring the inherent modern disconnect between athletic "transfers" and the academic standing of universities to which they are accepted--not to mention the ability of schools like Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Notre Dame, Northwestern, and many others to surpass CU in both academics and transfer athletes--suggests that your view of the world is far more moronic than those you seek to chide.

And yes, the term "academic elite" absolutely arose from the right-wing echo chamber, that's not even subject to debate. The fact that you immediately equate that with Neo-Nazi's says far more about the present state of the right-wing than the fact that the rest of us noticed the development of the term and its intended implications.
Get this political **** the hell outta here!!!!! Ugh!

Well it's a well-known fact, sonny-jim, that there's a secret society of the 5 wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually in a secret country mansion in Colorado known as The Meadows. The Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothschilds...and Colonel Sanders before he went tits up! Ooh I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face! Ohh you're gonna buy my chicken! Ooh! How can I hate the Colonel? Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly, smart ass!
Ya! The drug is in the breading! And don’t get me started on that string tie and the ****ed up goatee! An evil genius….!

I've thought you were a husker troll since you bragged about that bet you made on them to win the natty.

I don’t care which “side” does. Leave politics in the proper forum.
napoleon dynamite vote GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Take it easy snowflake. No dog whistle here.

By academic elite, I mean “elitist.” Our elites think they are pretty special despite plenty of evidence to the contrary.
Isn't it a bit ironic how "snowflake" it is to claim someone else rationally arguing their point is a "snowflake"? And If I read the prior post properly, it ended with the assertion that people who think like I do are.... "Morons."

You're right. Just should let that one slide. Nothing to see here. All good in the dumpster fire of modern public opinion.

Back