What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Head Coach Search Thread - Primetime

B_Walkin’ all up in this bitch.

uh-no-no.gif

For the life of me, I don't understand why CU is so slow during this coaching-hiring cycle. If it's Prime Time then let it be known! If not, name Walters or Herman or whomever so they can recruit and build their staff. The Fuskers, Wiscy, the Sun Devils, and GT have all made moves. We're still stuck on leaked rumors and daydreams.

Now that the team award ceremony has taken place, I hope we can get an answer on Monday!

For the life of me, I don't understand why CU is so slow during this coaching-hiring cycle. If it's Prime Time then let it be known! If not, name Walters or Herman or whomever so they can recruit and build their staff. The Fuskers, Wiscy, the Sun Devils, and GT have all made moves. We're still stuck on leaked rumors and daydreams.

Now that the team award ceremony has taken place, I hope we can get an answer on Monday!
Being slow on announcing only makes sense if you are respecting the wishes of a coach who still has a game left this season.

Being slow on announcing only makes sense if you are respecting the wishes of a coach who still has a game left this season.
And if you don't have a "done deal" that you're keeping quiet, you have to continue to talk to other candidates and be ready to pull that trigger come Sunday. I hope the hell we have a done deal, but if we don't, RG better be assuming he needs to hire someone ASAP, and I would bet that someone would be Walters.

Keyshawn Johnson says it’s a perfect situation, Deion could recruit like crazy here, and he hopes to see it happen :love:

“They’ve got money”? Has the narrative around CU being poor been wrong? This combined with some of the whispers we’re hearing about some huge resources being thrown into the offer to Prime has me wondering if we’re not as have-notty as I thought.

It could also be the recruiting, transfer and NIL stuff CU is supposedly changing possibly being a contingency and it hasn't happened yet. This being CU...I'm waiting for it to not happen and for us to hire some other schmuck who will fail trying to play within CU's ridiculous and self-imposed limits. I may be jumping the gun on my negativity though...I only have 20 years of nearly uninterrupted failure against which to judge this program.

“They’ve got money”? Has the narrative around CU being poor been wrong? This combined with some of the whispers we’re hearing about some huge resources being thrown into the offer to Prime has me wondering if we’re not as have-notty as I thought.
I think the national narrative that CU football doesn't have money has mostly been accurate because there aren't many (any?) big time donors or a robust booster network, but of course CU is a very wealthy institution that has plenty of money, if leadership believes the AD is actually a useful investment for the broader university.

Seems like Todd Saliman understands that the financial commitment to fund a competitive football program is going to raise all boats University-wide.

Also, and maybe this is a stretch, but does Keyshawn come out in such stern support of Deion to CU on national TV, saying all these things that most people find contrary to current narrative ($$$, Deion being a fit in Boulder, etc), without a few talking points or approval from Prime? According to @Jeric, Deion started following that account after this tweet

I know... I was just venting after reading about all the recent hires. I'm holding on to the dream of Deion like everyone else.

I'm ready for some Prime Time!!! #SkoBuffs #MustBeTheMoney #FolsomFast

This reply. 😂 We aren’t patient.

View attachment 56198
Must be from a KD supporter who thinks he just needed 2 more years for the current freshman class to develop. 😁

I didn't respond. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I'm just loving to see how many people are engaging in talk of CU football. Prime has already given us a major lift.

Back