What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Resume & Bubble Watch 2021-22

I'm calling it now. Tad OWNS andy. Buffs hammer USC on Thursday then upset UCLA Saturday. That second game of the mountain trip is tough. UCLA doesn't tip against Utah until 9:00PM Mtn. Not a lot of rest for them. Go Buffs.
Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

I'm calling it now. Tad OWNS andy. Buffs hammer USC on Thursday then upset UCLA Saturday. That second game of the mountain trip is tough. UCLA doesn't tip against Utah until 9:00PM Mtn. Not a lot of rest for them. Go Buffs.
I think it all depends on the crowd. If the CUEC is half full and the CUnit sucks (as usual), we'll struggle in both games. MUST have a home court advantage.

It's a problem that Utah sucks so hard this season. Both USC and UCLA are coming off home losses to Oregon--no telling how they'll respond. My money would be on UCLA taking their game up a notch and USC losing confidence.

Love the optimism. I think CU's going to hammer USC. Tad owns Enfield and can't stand the guy-and the kids know. They're going to want to get that game for him. This is the toughest trip in the conference for anybody to make. UCLA's a damn good team-Mick Cronin's the best basketball coach in the conference right now. That's still going to be a really, really tough game-the idea that they're in New Orleans during the first weekend in April isn't far fetched to me at all. Gotta get at least a split this week. Need the Stanford and Oregon games away and Arizona.

I hope the selection people remember how well, a "so-so" group of P12 teams did last year. There will be a lot of upsets in league games.

add: Arizona State does those little funny skits behind the basket, when the other team is shooting fouls. Doesn't seem to work.
I'm thinking for our home games, well, if the Bustop is still open, we could put on a little bit more distracting foul shot act. And, if it works, I might be available for the women's games.

Last edited:
Crazy thing to me is today at a 12-4 record we have a 89 NET ranking. There is no Power 5 conference team with 4 or less losses lower than us. The closest Power 5 team with 4 losses or less is Miami at 13-4 has an 82 ranking. After that it's 12-2 TCU at 53. There are 19 teams with 6 or more losses ahead of us in the net ranking. Including a 9-7 Kansas State team (76), 12-6 Missouri State team (86), 8-7 Penn State team (87), 10-7 Clemson (77), 13-5 Towson (73), 9-7 Memphis (63), 9-7 Utah State (64), 7-7 Michigan (61). I can go on and on. Crazy winning percentage doesn't factor in really at all (BS in my opinion). Quad 1 wins do a ton.

Crazy thing to me is today at a 12-4 record we have a 89 NET ranking. There is no Power 5 conference team with 4 or less losses lower than us. The closest Power 5 team with 4 losses or less is Miami at 13-4 has an 82 ranking. After that it's 12-2 TCU at 53. There are 19 teams with 6 or more losses ahead of us in the net ranking. Including a 9-7 Kansas State team (76), 12-6 Missouri State team (86), 8-7 Penn State team (87), 10-7 Clemson (77), 13-5 Towson (73), 9-7 Memphis (63), 9-7 Utah State (64), 7-7 Michigan (61). I can go on and on. Crazy winning percentage doesn't factor in really at all (BS in my opinion). Quad 1 wins do a ton.
We haven't beat anyone. Wazzu and Stanford are our best NET wins, then Montana State who is a solid Big Sky school. This week is put up or shut up week. Fortunately Southern Illinois isn't a major net anchor at this point at 145. Just playing Maine (354 out of 358) is probably harder on our NET than the Southern Illinois loss at this point.

I hope the selection people remember how well, a "so-so" group of P12 teams did last year. There will be a lot of upsets in league games.

add: Arizona State does those little funny skits behind the basket, when the other team is shooting fouls. Doesn't seem to work.
I'm thinking for our home games, well, if the Bustop is still open, we could put on a little bit more distracting foul shot act. And, if it works, I might be available for the women's games.
Haha. I was thinking the exact same thing. Get some ladies twerking. Bring CU some notoriety. ASU stuff is stale..

Unfortunately the Bus Stop closed permanently.

We haven't beat anyone. Wazzu and Stanford are our best NET wins, then Montana State who is a solid Big Sky school. This week is put up or shut up week. Fortunately Southern Illinois isn't a major net anchor at this point at 145. Just playing Maine (354 out of 358) is probably harder on our NET than the Southern Illinois loss at this point.
I agree with that. On the other hand, every team (except the truly elite) have one bad loss and they are all ahead of us. I guess my argument is Towson, who lost every major game they've played; Ohio State, Pitt (not even that good), San Francisco. Their best wins are against #106 Hofstra and #113 Navy, they play in the colonial athletic association and they are ranked #73 in NET. I'm not saying the buffs should be top 50. I'm just surprised they aren't close to being Top 75.

Washington is #142, which makes this a Quad 3 game tonight. But they've been climbing since a disastrous start to the season. Good chance they get to the Top 135 and this turns into a Quad 2 game.

Wazzu is already at #52, so that will be a Quad 1 game.

These are massive opportunities for our resume.

Last night didn't really hurt us. Dropped from #79 to #82. It goes down as a missed opportunity and makes it pretty essential to get the Q1 win at Wazzu. If that happens, it's a hugely successful week.

Came in as #94 NET.

No such thing as a bad road win in conference play, but OSU doesn't do anything to move the needle (#251 before tonight).

Quad 4 wins are meaningless, but a Q4 loss would be devastating. Tonight was a must-win. Sometimes the importance of taking care of business is underrated.

16-9 (8-7)

Buffs are still alive.

as I've been following the NET ranking and quad wins / loss this season, i'm growing an appreciation for where it places emphasis and how the Quad 1/2/3/4 is brroken down

as I've been following the NET ranking and quad wins / loss this season, i'm growing an appreciation for where it places emphasis and how the Quad 1/2/3/4 is brroken down

And then you come across something like this and it makes you scratch your head. One explanation I saw was that most of Providence's wins were very close.

And then you come across something like this and it makes you scratch your head. One explanation I saw was that most of Providence's wins were very close.

I think the tweeter is conflating NET and the quad w/l. they're independent variables, allowing for situations like this. My understanding is thats why the selection committee is looking at both for seeding.

Last edited:
**** we're going to need to make a run in the P12 tourney to make the NIT.
Yeah, no. Finish 20-12 in a fairly strong Pac12 conference, a name school with consistent tourney appreances, a name coach, and a couple of very marketable players. Easy to put us in.

#90 entering tonight (St. John's jumped us & a dozen others by winning at then-#20 Xavier).

Cal is #136. Would be a pretty high quality road win.

I think the tweeter is conflating NET and the quad w/l. they're independent variables, allowing for situations like this. My understanding is thats why the selection committee is looking at both for seeding.

I thought that NET ranking was a function of quad wins/losses, but if what you're saying is true then that would help explain the NET ranking discrepancy between those 2 teams.

Yeah, no. Finish 20-12 in a fairly strong Pac12 conference, a name school with consistent tourney appreances, a name coach, and a couple of very marketable players. Easy to put us in.
I hope you're right-but I still think there's work to do for this group right now.

Big win over Cal. Can't wait to see where we are tomorrow.

17-9 (9-7)

At Stanford is even bigger. Trees are #93 tonight and leading Utah at half.

Back