What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU Resume & Bubble Watch 2021-22

Basically, we need to take Oregon's place as the 4th Pac 12 team. Oregon should be firmly off the bubble at this point with their losing streak. We need to win all 3 to have a chance, plus maybe 2 wins in the tournament. Winning the Pac 12 Tournament would take a miracle this year, or at least some favorable upsets above us in the bracket. I would think 4th place in the Pac should cement an NIT bid at least.

Basically, we need to take Oregon's place as the 4th Pac 12 team. Oregon should be firmly off the bubble at this point with their losing streak. We need to win all 3 to have a chance, plus maybe 2 wins in the tournament. Winning the Pac 12 Tournament would take a miracle this year, or at least some favorable upsets above us in the bracket. I would think 4th place in the Pac should cement an NIT bid at least.
I'm hoping to see Wazzu win at USC tonight.

1. We played them twice and USC once, so that helps our resume.
2. WSU's NET is high enough (#48 pre-game) that this plus a win streak to finish puts them solidly in the Dance.
3. Stronger conference with 4 locks (UA, UCLA, USC & WSU) strengthens the Bubble cases for CU and UO.

1(alt). Fvck USC and Enfield!

I'm hoping to see Wazzu win at USC tonight.

1. We played them twice and USC once, so that helps our resume.
2. WSU's NET is high enough (#48 pre-game) that this plus a win streak to finish puts them solidly in the Dance.
3. Stronger conference with 4 locks (UA, UCLA, USC & WSU) strengthens the Bubble cases for CU and UO.

1(alt). Fvck USC and Enfield!

That WSU loss helps us in the conference standings at least.

Is there still a chance without winning the PAC-12 Tourney that we make the bracket?

What if we actually went 3-0 to end the season finishing 21-9 (13-7)?

Is there still a chance without winning the PAC-12 Tourney that we make the bracket?

Really doubt it. We'd probably only get to like a 60 RPI in that scenario, and out SoS is really bad. Not getting the Kansas game at all hurts, as does getting bounced to losers side in round one in st. Thomas.

I think its pac12 tourney or bust.

I want to say 1,000% yes. However, I’d still be ****ting my pants selection Sunday. When currently 11-13 Northwestern team who has less basketball history than us, is viewed in a more positive light than us in preeminent metric NET and nationally there is no chance. Conference ranking and overall ranking need to mean something. An 18-9 power conference team should never be considered worse than an 11-13 team.

If even you can mature, then maybe there is hope for me after all. Love ya buddy!
Likewise, in a non prison movie type of way. :D No excuses though, I acted like an asshole for a long time. Idgaf what was going on, I was wrong to act like that.

81 today in NET. Lowest at large NET's St. Johns 2019 with 73, 2021 Wichita State at 72 and Michigan State 70. So need to get up at least 10 spots here. Arizona would do that, if not we need to probably get a Wazzu, Oregon, LA School, or Zona win or two in the tournament and if we lose has to be a close one to be to LA schools or Zona.

81 today in NET. Lowest at large NET's St. Johns 2019 with 73, 2021 Wichita State at 72 and Michigan State 70. So need to get up at least 10 spots here. Arizona would do that, if not we need to probably get a Wazzu, Oregon, LA School, or Zona win or two in the tournament and if we lose has to be a close one to be to LA schools or Zona.
Or another way for people to look at it is that we're at 18 wins with 3 left in the regular season.

We need to get to 22 wins to feel like we've got a legit Bubble case and 23 wins to feel some confidence about it.

WIN IT ALL BITCHES!
the jesus win GIF

At a certain point, these ranks get so ingrained in NET math that it becomes self-fulfilling.

The mere fact you're playing conference games against highly rated opponents is more important than winning.

UVA lost. They moved up 2 spots to jump CU in the ranks.

At a certain point, these ranks get so ingrained in NET math that it becomes self-fulfilling.

The mere fact you're playing conference games against highly rated opponents is more important than winning.

UVA lost. They moved up 2 spots to jump CU in the ranks.
I was just looking at this super disappointing. West Virginia went from 74 to 75 and are still ahead of the buffs at 14-14. TCU going from 52 to 54. St. Johns 68 to 71. It's going to be hard to make up any ground when losses to teams above us don't do anything.

I was just looking at this super disappointing. West Virginia went from 74 to 75 and are still ahead of the buffs at 14-14. TCU going from 52 to 54. St. Johns 68 to 71. It's going to be hard to make up any ground when losses to teams above us don't do anything.
Winning has to matter. But for me to come strong with that, we need to win some more games. I don't care who you played, I care who you beat. Right now, I'm not sure that CU's 18 wins are more impressive that the 14-17 wins of a bunch of teams that are ahead of us. But if they keep playing basically .500 ball while our Buffs push it to 22 or 23, I'll aggressively make our case.

I think we're in the NIT unless we lose to ASU tonight, Utah next weekend, or Oregon State in the first round of the Pac 12 tourney.

Back