What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. Baylor Game Thread

My buddy and I left early.
We watched the Sheppard drop and Wester catch on phone.
Watched the end at my house.
I am in disbelief that we somehow won that game.
Don’t feel bad. At the CSU game last year it was going so late my daughter needed to get home so we had to leave early. So same as you I watched in the car and saw the end at home.

With the exception of 2 of them which were real sacks. They were all coverage sacks. Baylor was dropping 7 and doing a great job in coverage. Easily the best secondary we played this year
The book is completely out on how to stop CU, and that’s to be able to pressure Shedeur with only 4 rushers. A lot of 5 and 6 man boxes which means they need to keep pushing the run game to soften the secondary up.

Big difference in team vibe this year v last year in the well off videos. Looks a lot more like a cohesive group with self belief. They even know the fight song!

On retrospect abandoning the run in the 2d half was still really bad. OL, now in its 3d configuration, needs help. Our tackles got abused last night.

Respect to the defense for a decent effort. Not perfect, especially when we keep giving up long QB runs, but we are ok there. The lack of pass rush is now just bad. We suck at it.

Wish our offense was living up to the hype.

We won't get another miracle this year. Can we just play ok for a stretch?

Big difference in team vibe this year v last year in the well off videos. Looks a lot more like a cohesive group with self belief. They even know the fight song!

On retrospect abandoning the run in the 2d half was still really bad. OL, now in its 3d configuration, needs help. Our tackles got abused last night.

Respect to the defense for a decent effort. Not perfect, especially when we keep giving up long QB runs, but we are ok there. The lack of pass rush is now just bad. We suck at it.

Our DE group is way over hyped. Probably a decent group but nowhere near to what they are hyped to be

Okay. Reality check. Maybe. Some preseason rankings had us 11th and bailer 12th in the Big XII.

So, are we and bailer significantly better than those prognostications? Or was this a case of two bad teams being pretty equally matched?

Personally, I thought bailer looked pretty good and are probably significantly better than the preseason polls.

Okay. Reality check. Maybe. Some preseason rankings had us 11th and bailer 12th in the Big XII.

So, are we and bailer significantly better than those prognostications? Or was this a case of two bad teams being pretty equally matched?

Personally, I thought bailer looked pretty good and are probably significantly better than the preseason polls.
Time will of course tell, but I think there’s a lot of parity in the B12. That said, none of the teams are elite.

Such a weird game where it felt like we were the better team most of the night, but then the D would give up that one big play, or the O would go back to SS2 trying to take deep shots and we'd lose momentum.

Shedeur has to get better about stepping into the pocket. There were several times where he had interior protection and the OT's were running the DE's behind him, but he moved back into the pressure instead of up to avoid it. Of course, then he'd break 6 tackles and make a play with his legs.

HOLY FREAKING SMOKES. Everyone in my group was wishy washy about going due to the rain but we decided to go. Will never forget tonight. I’m sure I will pay for it tomorrow but worth every penny and every elevated heartbeat.

I was gonna feel like a puss complaining after a loss so I’m glad I can complain after a win: I freaking loathe how offensive holding in football is officiated. It’s very hard to convince me only one team is holding, but if I’m gonna be convinced, I better not see the other team get away with a single hold once my team has had a few called on us. Can be hard to tell from the seats but Seaton definitely had an obvious one, but one looked like a good old fashioned pancake to me (and my bias). But Baylor had a big play where I believe Barnes was grabbed by the neck. So frustrating.

Unreal storybook ending. Travis Hunter <3. And as always, **** Bailer.
I agree. I thought the refs were really biased against us tonight. But great game. Don’t know how SS got the ball off, right where it needed to be on the Hail Mary. He was about to inches from being crushed.

Don't know that anyone alive, fans of any school have seen a talent like him. Nobody really compares.
After playing almost every play on both sides… he is in perfect position on the last play of overtime to tackle the ball out BEFORE the goal line, as a CB. That’s some insane endurance, toughness, and understanding football.

There have been a few two-way players in the modern era, but no one has ever done what he’s doing.

Last edited:

Last year there was some sentiment that because 90% of the roster had been flipped we might expect to see more in season improvement from the Buffs compared to other teams. That unequivocally didn't pan out.

Maybe with the 50% roster turnover this year, that will play out?

Either way, you're dead on that this group does seem way more cohesive.

Back