What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. Baylor Game Thread

that was the best game I have seen in person in about 20 years so **** it, take the W.

12 is otherworldly.

2 played really ****ing smart. the scrambles are going to help us going forward. the rpo play was total ass and should be burned from the playbook.

good lord, our special teams coverage is giant ass.

the ol was uneven at best but showed some signs of life.

I am hoarse, tired, and perhaps slightly hungover.

that was a great ****ing night at Folsom.

SIAP. This is awesome.

Even moreso when you put it in context. This is a guy who played 90% of the snaps in the game playing positions that require running sprints on almost every play. This was OT when tongues were dragging all over the field. He not only made the play but he made THE PLAY when most people would be hands on hips gasping for air.

Even moreso when you put it in context. This is a guy who played 90% of the snaps in the game playing positions that require running sprints on almost every play. This was OT when tongues were dragging all over the field. He not only made the play but he made THE PLAY when most people would be hands on hips gasping for air.

I liked how Silmon-Craig brought him from the other side of the field and put him in position to make that play.

Aa awesome as our win last night was, I am still going to rant a little bit about the actually game playing.

We keep hearing about how tough our opponents' defenses are, but let's be honest: we've faced some pretty good defenses in the past, but they are not that great. Does Nebraska's defense look awesome on Friday?

We made them look like all-stars. Our O-line is like a 5/10 right now. Any decent defense is gonna look like an 8-9/10 against us. Does it really matter if Baylor D is 9/10 and UCF D is 8.2/10? Oh ya UCF is not as good as Baylor, so what, them will still crush our O-line.

We need to focus on fixing our own problems before we worry about the other team.

We have talked about this for so many times here, we need to execute more of the quick option/short route. You might say "oh they did call it", but in the game last night, either we are not calling short routes, or our WRs are all covered, or Shedeur isn't seeing them, or Shedeure is refusing to throw them. One of them has to be the case. Which one is it?

And let's not forget about the running game. If we're facing a defense that's dropping seven, we should be able to run the ball effectively. Why aren't we doing more of that?

We can win 7-8 games if we make some adjustments and getting our offense back on track. Or we can try to match our 4 wins from last year with this sorry ass offense.

People keep on saying "CP/Shedure don't care about their stats, they want to win". Sounds great, show us.

To be fair, they are definitely running the ball more frequently and effectively. Kudos to the team. Now do more if it, please.
It was clear to everyone the Nebraska lost was simply bad play calling and personnel moves like Charlie starting.

My first game at Folsom in 2 years. Just unbelievable. Such a great atmosphere and I forgot how much I love the energy of the students when walking across campus after the game. Kids were fired up.

I don’t have anything to add to what others have already said, except to say that it was the most exciting game I’ve ever seen in person.

LFG!

After rewatching the Sheppard play, there’s a good chance he falls at the one if he catches that and the game ends. Crazy to think that drop may have been a blessing.
That's an excellent point I'd forgotten. I thought the same thing for the flash of a moment, but when he dropped it I was just pissed. Though, I know how hard it is to catch that angle: ball coming in point directly onto the shoulder pad plastic creates a horrible bounce off effect. When I played TE, I used to get missiles right into the shoulder pads at that angle. Sure, you always want to get your hands out and catch first, but he had just separated from a DB, and I think he had only milliseconds to readjust to the ball coming in.

Of course, should have caught it. But you may be right.

Aa awesome as our win last night was, I am still going to rant a little bit about the actually game playing.

We keep hearing about how tough our opponents' defenses are, but let's be honest: we've faced some pretty good defenses in the past, but they are not that great. Does Nebraska's defense look awesome on Friday?

We made them look like all-stars. Our O-line is like a 5/10 right now. Any decent defense is gonna look like an 8-9/10 against us. Does it really matter if Baylor D is 9/10 and UCF D is 8.2/10? Oh ya UCF is not as good as Baylor, so what, them will still crush our O-line.

We need to focus on fixing our own problems before we worry about the other team.

We have talked about this for so many times here, we need to execute more of the quick option/short route. You might say "oh they did call it", but in the game last night, either we are not calling short routes, or our WRs are all covered, or Shedeur isn't seeing them, or Shedeure is refusing to throw them. One of them has to be the case. Which one is it?

And let's not forget about the running game. If we're facing a defense that's dropping seven, we should be able to run the ball effectively. Why aren't we doing more of that?

We can win 7-8 games if we make some adjustments and getting our offense back on track. Or we can try to match our 4 wins from last year with this sorry ass offense.

People keep on saying "CP/Shedure don't care about their stats, they want to win". Sounds great, show us.

To be fair, they are definitely running the ball more frequently and effectively. Kudos to the team. Now do more if it, please.
Aside from getting beaten around the edge on the OTs--and the occasional overpower up the middle, I think most of our OL problems are communication issues, which are still glaring but improving.

But the running game is helping. I keep reminding myself this OL is 5 guys who have never played together. I think OL is the most difficult position to play well, beyond QB. There's so much subtlety and quick changes of focus mixed in with the physicality. This takes some time. I'm as hopeful as I can be after giving up 8 sacks. lol

Props to the **** bailer announcer for perfectly capturing the moment.
As funny as this is, not to kill the vibe but this is a clip from a high school announcer calling a game where they were playing Wester High School.

But also maybe UBL? I’m chronically online so I’ve seen this audio used in many videos, maybe not many other people have heard it

Baylor is not a good team and CU made a lot of mistakes in the game but winning begets winning.

Winning a game like that one, overcoming adversity, can build belief in themselves and each other. It makes them believe they can win.

Might have been more important than getting a two score win.

We really need to commit to the run, get Shedeur under center (or pistol) more, keep using 2 back sets (finally did last night), and go for quick passes in the middle of the field. So much of the pressure would be alleviated if our coaches would take the reins

Special teams and game management continue to be comically bad

I think there's roughly 15 snaps less per game in the NFL. Median Nfl team last two years around 61-63 naps on offense, median FBS team around 68-69.

Travis is currently playing 95%+ of all the snaps.

Of course it's not one to one, but playing 70% of the defensive snaps and 70% on offense would be a reduced workload.

That said, I think you see a little of what he had in his first season at Jackson State. Focus on becoming dominant at CB, mix in ~5-15 snaps at WR depending on game situation and matchups. Once he earns the trust that he's 100% trusted on D, ramp up the offensive snap count.

*fewer

They referenced the game on NFL Red Zone this AM, when the Bears completed a hail
Mary at the end of the half. Good to see us getting some positive national attention again, based on actual results on the field and not just hype or social media BS.

Back