What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. Baylor Game Thread

Not sure what the splits were for halves, but we actually had 42 rushing attempts to 41 passing attempts. Granted, 8 of those were sacks and some designed passes that he scrambled on.
19 rush attempts for Shedeur, iirc 3 were designed, 8 sacks, which leaves 8 scrambles.

1 team rush for the kneel down right before the half.

So 57 pass calls to 25 run calls.

The first two drives of the second half only had I think 1 run call before it got to goal to go.

They mostly abandoned the run for like 4-5 drives sandwiching half time.

I really wish they would update CFB stats and not count sacks as rushing attempts.

While I agree with the sentiment that they need to figure out a way to control field storming, it is going to be very difficult absent draconian penalties against the students with I think none of us would really want. The south end zone is almost tailor-made for field-storming. There is just a little fence and the Colorado asphalt essentially provides a nice ramp for getting on the field. If they put in a big fence it will block views for the first few rows.They would need a couple hundred cops/security guards forming a human wall to even attempt to create a human barrier. In the 2016 season we had a similar situation and they tried numerous things, including Rick George himself standing at the top of the "Colorado" in the south end zone and trying to convince the students not to storm. Like in 2016 I expect the conference to fine CU for the storming, and to have increasing fines for subsequent stormings. And that won't stop it either. The only thing that could stop it would be some kind of no-tolerance policy of suspending any student storming the field for the rest of the semester, using video to identify people. I wouldn't want that, and I doubt many would. Also, the students would likely figure that if 5,000 students storm the field that CU isn't going to suspend 15- 20 percent of the student body, so they would continue to do it anyway. They could bring in a bunch of cops and start making some arrests for trespassing, but that would be a drop in the ocean and might result in some further unpleasant physical confrontations with the police and then escalating charges. And the optics of tackling students, cuffing them, and taking them away would probably not go over well with our university or fans.

So I think that absent some major physical changes to the stadium, it is almost an unsolvable problem.
Seems pretty spot on.

Kids want to have a good time, that's why they come to games. A huge police/security presence would put a big damper on that.

Best solution is to have a good enough football team winning frequently enough that the students have no interest in storming after beating teams like Baylor.

We really need to commit to the run, get Shedeur under center (or pistol) more, keep using 2 back sets (finally did last night), and go for quick passes in the middle of the field. So much of the pressure would be alleviated if our coaches would take the reins

Special teams and game management continue to be comically bad
Coverage units were great until last night. No idea what happened to them last night.

As for running...we actually ran it like 35 times last night.

Anyone keep track of what was going on with the OL? I know we switched things up at least once. From what I could tell the bigger problem as the game went on was outside

It was the biggest game in years for them. They built it up that way and they played that way. If that game had been in Boulder, we win something like 24-14.
John Candy No GIF by Laff

Back