What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. Baylor Game Thread

Heh. “Special teams coach”

After watching the game, it occurred to me that a lot of the trouble we are having with pass protection could be alleviated with a little less reliance on plays that take a while to develop. I didn’t see a lot of short drop, quick hit passing last night.

At least you’re consistent…
Austin Powers Movie GIF

After watching a lot of college and NFL games this weekend, our offensive system is the worst thing put out on the football field this weekend.
So bland, so uncreative, no adjustments to prevent 8 sacks, the WR routes are not being ran hard at all because all 4 WR's stay in the game the entire time, thus they cannot run the routes with intensity. All 4 WR are stationary, no motion, no creative stacks, no tight sets, nothing, nada
Shedeur is a slow decision maker, but an incredible passer.
You can have an amazing passing game with just 2 WR on the field, but it is obvious that the philospohy that our top 4 WR on the field with Shedeur is like the most amazing lineup ever. Never mind the OL cannot give them time, never mind that the WR's are being creatively zoned up by the defense
Then lets talk about our running game. We look good in pistol because the back has momentum heading towards the hand off, we might be better with SS under center, just like I saw 75% of the time in college and NFL games all weekend.
Being 3-1 is amazing considering how epically bad our offense is designed and operated, and I would give our 3-1 record 70% to the defense, and 20% to the offense and will throw in 10% for our terrible special teams.
Can we evolve, can we innovate, can we figure it out?

Awful. The other thing in this photo is at the bottom with an obvious block in the back which sprung him.
to be fair, that still frame is unrealistic of the block. it's in the back, but at full speed it's not something that would ever be called or made a difference on the play (and if it had been called on our return i'd have lost my mind because it was soooooft). the return was made possible by our defenders sucking into the middle and losing their lanes.

Not the magnitude of the Michigan hail mary, but cooler in a way because there's a little higher skill to luck ratio on this one.
What's maybe most incredible, is that SS made a miraculous game-tying touchdown pass, with 9 seconds left. To know you pulled it off, took your team back, only to have a wide open TD pass dropped, and then do it again with 2 seconds left is incredible. The Michigan miracle stands alone - but this was just as good.

Imo, the way SS played the last 4+ minutes was the best showing by a Buff, maybe ever. They sacked him over and over, pushed him into the worst field position - and he never blinked. After the TD was dropped and we were down to 2 seconds, SS stood tall, was totally unruffled. Maybe the best job ever.

As I continually said before the season, the issue will be Zilinkas. Rewatching the game (and others) and this is the case.
I have been seeing Zil mistake after mistake, too. He oddly keeps going the wrong direction in pass pro, leaving an open rusher right up the middle, while he either doesn’t block anyone or shifts to double block someone who is already blocked.

Heh. “Special teams coach”

After watching the game, it occurred to me that a lot of the trouble we are having with pass protection could be alleviated with a little less reliance on plays that take a while to develop. I didn’t see a lot of short drop, quick hit passing last night.

We were saying that all game. He's holding the ball, sure, but if you look downfield, Horn, Hunter, and Wester are all 20 yards downfield. We had a few times where Shedeur was getting the ball out fast, and it worked (I'm not counting the disastrous swing passes.) Why we only do that once a quarter is beyond me - unless Shedeur is checking out of them.

Last edited:
I have been seeing Zil mistake after mistake, too. He oddly keeps going the wrong direction in pass pro, leaving an open rusher right up the middle, while he either doesn’t block anyone or shifts to double block someone who is already blocked.
If you Twist or Stunt your line, you will get a free run at Shedeur 90% of the time, and it is now specifically showing up in almost every snap.
Baylor even did the amoeba option where all 4-5 guys are just standing around and moving and getting ready to attack, and the OL has no clue who to take or who to hand off

You know what makes it better? We were all only 5 years old when The Miracle happened. Long time ago.
That was the first game as a fan I remember ever giving up on.

Watched the first half at my Aunt and Uncle's house. Was ticked off with the 3rd quart went and went outside to play with my cousins. Luckily, my uncle knew how serious of a fan I was and called me back in when it got back within one score.

Amazing that I can recall that all so clearly having only been 5 years old.

What's maybe most incredible, is that SS made a miraculous game-tying touchdown pass, with 9 seconds left. To know you pulled it off, took your team back, only to have a wide open TD pass dropped, and then do it again with 2 seconds left is incredible. The Michigan miracle stands alone - but this was just as good.

Imo, the way SS played the last 4+ minutes was the best showing by a Buff, maybe ever. They sacked him over and over, pushed him into the worst field position - and he never blinked. After the TD was dropped and we were down to 2 seconds, SS stood tall, was totally unruffled. Maybe the best job ever.
To add another layer, it wasn't particularly surprising either. He's been so good in crunch time that the 3 and out the drive before was way more surprising.

Back