What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. Baylor Score Prediction Thread

You. You bring me joy!
Happy Stephen Colbert GIF

I agree it doesn't mean a lot, but it means more than "NOTHING".
May be they tried few pass attempts because they respected bailer's D.
Yep, an option team didn't try and pass "because they respected" the passing defense.

Sure Jan GIF

Buffs 27-13 in OT. How is that possible you say?

Mata misses an XP late in the 4th that would have given us the lead.

In OT, we win the toss and take the ball 1st. The game thread and Reddit have meltdowns about how Prime doesnt know the first thing about game management. We score a TD and then go for 2, and convert. Travis seals the win with a pick 6, final score 27-13.

Shedeur attempts 55 passes, gets sacked 4 times. We run the ball 10 times for 69 yards in the first half. The first run play of the 2nd half goes for a 1 yard loss, and is our last rush attempt of the game.

Good game last week was glad to get The Buffs early in the week giving up 7.5 points for -108 for a net win of $92. $192 ahead on my Buffaloes..

This week is Baylor. They have a good pass defense and for the fourth week in a row there will probably be no buff ground game. On the other hand the Baylor offense should get everything they are accustom both on the ground and in the air.

Colorado is a 2 pt favorite @ -110. It’s -130 on the money line! Expensive and showing everyone Colorado is the clear favorite.

To get Baylor and the 2 pts it’s -112. However you can buy Baylor on the money for 110. That’s my plan of action. Baylor on the money for $200 and a chance, a very good chance, of getting back $420. I have $192 Colorado bucks so I’ll kick in 8. Here’s why:

The GAM says
Baylor -9
O/U 41
Mythical score Baylor 25 Buffaloes 16.

Once you stop the passing attack it’s over for Co. Baylor has the tools to do that.

The Bears play on an 89 yard virtual offensive field. It’s downhill all the way. Co 120 yds. Lots of show no go

Baylor defensive field is long at 166 yds The Buffs are going to be running up hill. At 125 yds the defensive field is shorter and the hill easier to climb for the Baylor offense.

The O/U is 53.5. We can’t afford it this week although the over is 110 and the under is -110. In my eyes, The under might be the best bet but not as profitable as the money line.
CU can run on Baylor if they plan to. Whether they plan on it is another issue.

I think Baylor unfortunately is probably playing us in the wrong time. Week 2, this maybe a Baylor win 14-10.

In week 4 with the adjustments made and the defense understanding what they are. 28-6. I can see Baylor getting two FGs but it wouldn't shock me if we shut them out. This is the worst OL we are going to play this season.

I think Baylor unfortunately is probably playing us in the wrong time. Week 2, this maybe a Baylor win 14-10.

In week 4 with the adjustments made and the defense understanding what they are. 28-6. I can see Baylor getting two FGs but it wouldn't shock me if we shut them out. This is the worst OL we are going to play this season.
I agree that this is a bad time for them to be playing us. Roberston is nowhere near the same threat as Finn is at QB. There's a very good chance we see a similar score to the Utah game. I provided 2 different score predictions based on who the QB was going to be and now I feel fairly certain were looking at 30-17 in this one.

Last edited:
I agree that this is a bad time for them to be playing us. Roberston in nowhere near the same threat as Finn is at QB. There's a very good chance we see a similar score to the Utah game. I provided 2 different score predictions based on the QB was going to be and now I feel fairly certain were looking at 30-17 in this one.
It's going to be hard for them to score against us now that we know we are great at simulated pressures and you see we bring it now at 60%. Before it was at 20% and our defense struggled a bit for it.

Both teams are getting better based the on tape and both are talented. We are just far more talented. Both teams like simulated pressures. Both teams have solid depth.

Yep. Their D has not been tested much. Injured OL means that this is a must win for Colorado.

Yep. Their D has not been tested much. Injured OL means that this is a must win for Colorado.
48 overall passing attempts. But 18 hurries, 2 hits, and 3 sacks is impressive. This is a game I expect Welch to shine. Baylor isn't great at tackling and while they are good at blowing up your running scheme, they leave 1v1 with angles to attack. A gifted runner could cook in this setting

Not sure where I got 35 from. Utah had 23 passing attempts. AF had 10 and TS had 15

It's also currently projected to be a rainy, sloppy and chilly evening. We'll see how that impacts our pass heavy offense and if we use this opportunity to actually become more balanced. Either way, with their backup QB not being much of a running threat and not a great passer, I think our defense will shut them down and offense will be able to do enough.

It goes against the conventional wisdom that playing in rainy conditions kills the pass game and forces a smashmouth battle of the trenches, but I disagree. As long as you don't have a QB with small hands who has trouble gripping the ball and being accurate when it's wet, the poor footing greatly benefits a pass offense because the WR knows where he's going and the DB can't plan his steps & break.

Last edited:
It goes against the conventional wisdom that playing in rainy conditions kills the pass game and forces a smashmouth battle of the trenches, but I disagree. As long as you don't have a QB with small hands who has trouble gripping the ball and being accurate when it's wet, the poor footing greatly benefits a pass offense because the WR knows where he's going and the DB can't plan his steps & break.
Tom Brady had a field day during a rain game a while back iirc

Back