What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official CU vs. Baylor Score Prediction Thread

Are they? From what I saw they had a terrible defense in 2023
Yes the first handful of weeks are weighted heavily towards prior years + other considerations (returning production being on) & the weight gets reduced as the season goes on. I don't have ESPN+ but here's a snapshot for SP+:

1726765309106.png

An Aranda team is going to have a well coached defense and be game managed to support the defense.

Just accept that, folks.

The key for CU to control this game is to make them play from behind and force them to open up their offense. My biggest concern is that we start slow and let them hang around in a field position battle.
Same Aranda that had the 117th defense in efficiency last year?

Compared to the rest of the G5 teams? Yeah it's pretty damn close.
Sure, let's agree to that for the sake of argument. So they are still a below average FBS team. The only good defense we have played obliterated our offense. Our offense has sputtered against bad teams too (CSU). Thank goodness for those turnovers or that's a much closer game.

Sure, let's agree to that for the sake of argument. So they are still a below average FBS team. The only good defense we have played obliterated our offense. Our offense has sputtered against bad teams too (CSU). Thank goodness for those turnovers or that's a much closer game.
"Sputtered" - 4.67 points/opportunity isn't sputtering.

1726766913896.png
1726766935805.png

I don't know why you can't accept there's a large difference between Nebraska's defense, especially the DL, & Baylor & the difference between home/away.

CU didn't look like crap against NDSU, it took about a quarter, quarter & a half to get going, but they definitely didn't look like crap. An 80.3 PFF grade for the game is not crap.

NDSU did nothing in the 2nd half outside of 1 drive. OL has definitely made progress with the changes they made last week. These are some really ****ty front 7 grades against Utah.

View attachment 76149
Even though his grades look bad, Jackie Marshall is legit. Thankfully, he's on the side of our best OL, Benson.

Baylor's D is supposedly their strongest unit this year. They are much improved from last year. The hype about their D is as strong as the hype of our D in the preseason camp.

IMO, this game comes down to this: can our D contain their O and force a lot of 3&out, so that our O stays on the field as long as possible to tire out their D.

If we can, we win a close game. If we can't, we will lose a close game.

I don't know why you are discussing that point. It's not one I've brought up.
You said the offense sputtered, that's not what the analytics show - that's why it was brought up.

You keep saying the only good team we played we struggled against, which is true, but you don't want to dig anywhere past the surface level in that statement.

You said the offense sputtered, that's not what the analytics show - that's why it was brought up.

You keep saying the only good team we played we struggled against, which is true, but you don't want to dig anywhere past the surface level in that statement.
So I was right. Thanks.

As for the sputtering, we were plus 2 on turnovers with at least 1 td gifted to us by field position and another on a drive saved by a very dumb penalty. We only scored 28. Just because we took advantage of scoring opportunities provided by short fields doesn't mean the offense was great. Especially when we tried to keep the pedal to the metal the entire fourth quarter. Shedeur had six yards per attempt. The offense sputtered

So I was right. Thanks.

As for the sputtering, we were plus 2 on turnovers with at least 1 td gifted to us by field position and another on a drive saved by a very dumb penalty. We only scored 28. Just because we took advantage of scoring opportunities provided by short fields doesn't mean the offense was great. Especially when we tried to keep the pedal to the metal the entire fourth quarter. Shedeur had six yards per attempt. The offense sputtered
Analytics show otherwise, man

seems like a toss up game on paper, I guess. we need a statement win so I figure we will put it to them. I hope,

**** the stats, the advanced stats, the AI stats, and all the rest....

younger single Buffs-- there will be willing young baptist girls present who want to know what love means.

older Buffs, ****ing toughen up.

pre-game festivities starting in approximately 1 hour.

BELIEVE, because we gonna win.

also, I will for now refrain from making a joke about stats, your mom, and STDs.

suck my dick GIF

Back