What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

JFC

He's the Dean of the DU Engineering school. So: He has an inferiority complex re: CU Boulder, and thinks he's smart and entitled to share his enlightened feelings when in reality he's bitter that his CU peers have outclassed him again and envious that he couldn't get in to CU Boulder.

I’ll acknowledge feeling some risk in this hire. Prime is a fine balance of a giant ego and an awareness of the good he can do. There is a balance of interests that has to be maintained. His personal social following, his families various careers, his brand, etc and the Buffs and the needs of the guys on the team. There’s more on the list but the cold medicine is having its effect.
This balance could get upset without any ill intent on anyone’s part. Yes, this could be said about any coach but it’s bigger and bolder and brighter with Prime.

im totally ok with the risk. I don’t see how the Buffs don’t end up better off regardless of how this ends but there is risk.
Yeah - but that's a different "risk" than the dipshits are talking about when they say he's a "risky hire."

He's the Dean of the DU Engineering school. So: He has an inferiority complex re: CU Boulder, and thinks he's smart and entitled to share his enlightened feelings when in reality he's bitter that his CU peers have outclassed him again and envious that he couldn't get in to CU Boulder.
DU Engineering, huh. Oh really?

New plan, fellas.

After we re-establish CU at the top of the football mountain, we're going to take all that revenue overflow and buy champion level hockey & lacrosse programs to bury DU's only reasons for caring.

New plan, fellas.

After we re-establish CU at the top of the football mountain, we're going to take all that revenue overflow and buy champion level hockey & lacrosse programs to bury DU's only reasons for caring.
I love this idea. Thoughts @Da Lama ?

New plan, fellas.

You know...that's one additional thing that HCPT has brought back to us and that is the ability for everyone to dream again. Thoughts of making Folsom better, improvements to other facilities, possible other athletic sports like baseball, hockey, etc. Those thoughts were long dead just two weeks ago. They may not happen, but at least I can visualize how it could possibly happen.

Surprised to see racist trolls in the Seattle Times article about Prime. Really almost identical to that Alabama guy. Not just one, but a significant number. Lots of “baboon” and clown references which is quite surprising for this supposedly enlightened area. At minimum they are misinformed about our transfer rules, misinterpreting the rule changes as a lowering of standards and opening the floodgates for criminals, dummies and “mercenaries”. The hypocrisy and self righteousness are classic UW. Where did the QB who’s solely responsible for their success come from again? They have this idea that Prime is a cheater, a villain. Let’s kick these …ers ass.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...nders-makes-pac-12-more-interesting/#comments

Black buddy of mine moved to Seattle a few years ago.

His wife is blonde, and obv mixed race kids.

He told me the move was extraordinarily difficult - he had lived in LA, Chicago and DC - of those, DC was "the best city to live and work in for a black man - Seattle has been the worst."

New plan, fellas.

I didn’t know DU has an engineering program.

When did DU get an engineering school?

He raises points that many on this board raised before coach prime was hired. I doubt he has much of an inferiority complex and if you think he could not get into CU Boulder you are kidding yourself since he has 2 degrees from Stanford.

He raises points that many on this board raised before coach prime was hired. I doubt he has much of an inferiority complex and if you think he could not get into CU Boulder you are kidding yourself since he has 2 degrees from Stanford.
I didn’t even read the stupid article. I was simply being an asshole….you know, because we’re supposed to be doing that now. Get with the program. 😉

ferris bueller mock GIF

New plan, fellas.

*Men’s soccer

Two degrees from Stanford and an engineering professor ? He sounds like the kind of pinhead that doesn’t know if the ball is pumped up or stuffed.
I hear the echoes of the small minds who cat-called CU as “big-time Cholly” for leaving the rinky-dink Mountain States conference for the Big 7 (later 8) in the 1940s.
Change-averse Pearl clutchers.

When I attended DU, it famously did not have an engineering school. Students instead majored in "applied physics." There was a small statue of a bunch of screws near the old engineering building put up by the erstwhile engineering faculty--since the university had screwed them, get it!? Apparently, they started a new engineering school about 30 years ago.

The decision to close the College of Engineering was made on October 16th, 1973 during a Board of Trustees meeting . On October 17th, 1973 there was an announcement made to the entire school about the closing of the College of Engineering due to rising costs and a decline in enrollment rates . It was decided that Juniors and Seniors would be able to finish the program, but newer students would be encouraged to transfer school or switch programs . At the same time the college was closing, the University of Denver decided to offer a pre-engineering program where students would be able to complete a two- or three-year program and then transfer to either Colorado State University or Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri to complete a full bachelor’s degree.

In 1981, it was proposed that an Engineering degree be offered under the Department of Physics and it was unanimously agreed to.

I think what hiring Coach Prime has done for CU football is akin to hitting a hole in one for a 17 handicap golfer. Three months ago many fans were discouraged because CU could not compete in the NIL area, could not compete for transfers because of stupid requirements, had an administration that was not committed to athletics, and had a discouraged fan base.

A single hire has changed that, I know no other hire could of accomplished that. I hope we can keep the momentum going over the next 5 years so a strong base can be established.

Back