What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

I’m gonna repeat a gif I placed the day Prime was official.

The college football world is now waking up to the fact that an Apex Coach has arrived in the P5 and causing a significant shift in the landscape. Every single program is on notice.

Coach Prime ain’t hard to find
C0AABC34-4215-4E04-AB66-52E9B7BB8FB9.gif

Fox Sports early Heisman favorite? Shedeur Sanders. :LOL:
As of right now, he's probably only the 5th or 6th best QB in the Pac-12 on a preseason outlook.

For perspective, though, the conference is loaded at QB in 2023. That rank would likely make him Top 20 in the country.

Fox Sports early Heisman favorite? Shedeur Sanders. :LOL:
I think Shedeur can and will be better than most all the other QB's in the PAC12.
His footwork, his accuracy, and his mind is as good or better than the other hyped up guys.
The key is how fast he can get on the same page with his WR, how he likes the Lewis play calling, and the most important is how well the completely new OL can blend and protect.
I think that if Shedeur stays the next two years that his senior season can be a Heisman year. Next year seems a bit of an unlikely thing

I think Shedeur can and will be better than most all the other QB's in the PAC12.
His footwork, his accuracy, and his mind is as good or better than the other hyped up guys.
The key is how fast he can get on the same page with his WR, how he likes the Lewis play calling, and the most important is how well the completely new OL can blend and protect.
I think that if Shedeur stays the next two years that his senior season can be a Heisman year. Next year seems a bit of an unlikely thing
Plus he has freaking Tom Brady helping him out as well.

I didn't realize there was a 30 for 30 on Prime (Deion's Double Play) and I watched it the other night. I didn't remember this story but it was when he was playing for both the Braves and Falcons in 1992. His baseball contract only went thru July 31st but he wanted to play for the Braves in the NLCS and tried to play 2 baseball games and a football game in a 24-hour span. Bottom line is he got a fair amount of criticism for attempting this but he addressed it head-on in the documentary.

It seems like when you look at the Florida State boards that 50% of them actually Hate Prime for many different reasons, while 50% of them are really proud that he was a Seminole. Very messed up fan base

And practices. Except for, like USC was, Tuesdays when the battles to earn snaps are more intense than we'll see in some of our games.
💯 Their recruiting made is possible to have such intense competition. That’s what Prime is very clearly building.
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Deion Sanders, Colorado – A+​

To me, Deion Sanders is the best hire so far. He is going to add so much talent to this roster through recruiting and the portal. Maybe to the extent to which this program has never seen. He’ll also bring in a lot of money, students, and publicity to the university. We’ll have to see how good he can be on the sidelines, but I have faith in Coach Prime and believe Colorado will be good for years to come.

Interesting to see Pat Surtain on there. He is a guy who works very hard and is driven to be the very best, would be intense to see him and Prime sitting down looking at film.

Wonder how much PS2's father had contact with Prime, guessing that they overlapped some in the league. If Prime can get PS2 up to Boulder to see a couple of practices it would make an impression on the players (and future recruits who hear about it.) When Jimmy Johnson turned Miami into a national championship program I think a part of what made top recruits take them seriously was having the pros hanging around the program all the time.

Back