What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official game thread CU v csu 8/31 @7:30 pm

Solid performance-Montez looked better, Chev is an upgrade as a play caller, and Shenault is a FREAK (I think you can hand him POY if UW loses tomorrow). Defense looks better-The weight Edwards lost made a difference, and Mustafa Johnson in particular showed to me. Nate Landman is going to continue to get better.......but I still want to play poker with DJ Eliot. If he shows four pre-snap, he's going to bring four. Would have liked to have seen more creativity-especially with inexperience at QB for our opponents (I can't speak for New Hampshire) for the better part of this month.

The bigger thing with tonight is this-This game is a lot more about how bad they are than us improving by leaps and bounds. They didn't do anything that well offensively tonight, and they're a mess defensively. They're almost certainly starting 0-4, and I wouldn't be shocked if Illinois State went out there in three weeks and beat them. I've got a hard time seeing them any better than 2 or 3 wins. We're going to learn a lot more about ourselves next week in a number of ways-Nebraska is a really good team for us to play early because of how similar what they want to do is to a number of teams we'll see throughout conference play, so should be a real good test for us.

Enough CSU talk for one year-I want Corn.

Just have to say, I thought Carson Wells looked like what I thought he was. Outstanding athlete with huge potential. He started BTW.

Really, really pleased with the whole defense. Javier set the LOS in CSU's backfield all night, Mustafa was active, Antwine wasn't amazing, but he at least held the point of attack.

This team is going to be very good. I know that CSU is not good but CU is pretty good. Time to take it to the nubs.

I love the depth on defense we saw tonight. I loved even more that the coaches were willing to play that depth.

Once the CBs and pass rushers develop, this team all be good on that side of the ball.

The offense is dynamic.

Great game plan and great execution all game. Other than a few mistakes, this team was as superior as we thought.

I am a little worried about the usage of Shenault, but the dude is a freak (as we knew). Chev did what he said he would do with getting players in space. He moved guys all over the field.

This was a very bad CSU team other than their WR's and QB. I made a ton of money on this game tonight.

On to the Nebraska beat down. So, so, so, so, pumped for next week!
Thing about Shenault is that he will be in our opponent’s heads from now on. His presence alone will make a difference. Gary Barnett was on 960 and they asked him how CU would cope with losing last year’s receiving corp. GB said this year’s group is better than last year’s and will be one of the top groups in the country. Krackman was sort of shocked. I pity defensive coordinators having to prepare to defend these guys.

Thing about Shenault is that he will be in our opponent’s heads from now on. His presence alone will make a difference. Gary Barnett was on 960 and they asked him how CU would cope with losing last year’s receiving corp. GB said this year’s group is better than last year’s and will be one of the top groups in the country. Krackman was sort of shocked. I pity defensive coordinators having to prepare to defend these guys.
Especially Nebraska. They will focus hard on him and I’m thinking this week Brown, JMac and company will get more touches.

MacIntyre owns CSU and has beaten them more soundly (twice) than McCartney, Barnett, and every other coach since the invention of the television. Nice round .750 win percentage, too. Attention all planets of the solar federation: we have resumed control. We have resumed control.

The DeSoto boys Nixon and Shenault are going to make recruiting South Dallas easier. KD and Laviska having fun and success at CU? Yep.

Abrams got some cred & Landham is Jordon Dizonesque. In on EVERYTHING.

Props to AllBuffs Nation who came on strong all week long with the ****ty reviews, CSU themed memes, over the top score predictions, and general swagger. The beat down was expected, the beat down was delivered, and the beat down will continue until Lady Gaga plays CSU’s stadium.

Ram Nation’s souls are crushed, as is their football season. Call the undertaker and carve the tombstone.

The Buffs are going to be the talk of the P12 network all week long.

Hey Nebraska, the assholes are coming.

Coach Bobo, Godspeed. Looking forward to your complete recovery. Hope you beat some SEC butts and do enough to see you at the RMS next year.

****emup****emupgo CU

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the post game presser up anywhere? I always struggle to find them for whatever reason.

I mentioned Gary Barnett’s interview with Krackman. Krackman asked GB his take on the team. GB said that he attends most of the summer practices and in 2016 he saw that the team had a great presence of older players with experience and leadership. He said he predicted they’d win 8 to 10 games.

He said last year they didn’t look nearly as cohesive. They lacked leadership and cohesiveness. He predicted they would win 5 or 6.

He said this year doesn’t look like either of the previous 2. He had not seen a single bad practice. He said though the team is young, they look really motivated and tight. He said their skill level is much better than last year. His prediction is 7 or 8 wins.

Nice to see this Oline playing in the 4th Q: Filip Morretti Pursell Kutsch Sherman. They pulled Jake 4 times in a row and ran Bish off his butt through the nice hole he created. Great to see Morretti move well and dominate.

Good to see the 7 man rotation at the interior DL positions. Rakestraw continues to play well. Good to see Donovan get a couple returns.

What's Callier's status? I never saw him again after he left with a shoulder injury. Fisher seemed to miss long stretches of the game. Is he ok? Worthington came back in and played well after he was wobbled.

Back