What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official MBB Game Thread: UCLA sucks and CU will crush them! 2pm Sunday

I'll hold Tad to the same standard when MM wins the pac 12 and makes a bowl game two consecutive years for the first time in his tenure.

If you consider that the reason freshmen played so much is the shortage of competent Sophs, Jrs & Srs - then I can see Tad getting some blame for getting the team into that position.
Sophs are fine. Only junior is Namon (transfer). Basically fixing the Rodney Billups years in recruiting.

Yes, and we absolutely would take him on our team. But, no, we were never in his recruitment (or at least seriously, who knows if we sent him some letters and such), and he will not be coming here. He is not his dad though, in case that's what you're wondering.

I think some criticisms of Tad are more than fair, and even agree with some statements NotSure has been making. And I even agree with your post about RP. But, I do not think it applies to Tad at this moment. Tad has achieved much more success, and not just that... ...but his teams play so much better than RP's. Tad's earned a lot of rope, but yes, last year does deserve criticisms. He is far from having achieved sainthood like a K, Izzo, etc. Could we do better, absolutely... ....but we more than likely would end up doing a lot worse with another hire.
Yeah didn't know that, thanks.

Yes, and we absolutely would take him on our team. But, no, we were never in his recruitment (or at least seriously, who knows if we sent him some letters and such), and he will not be coming here. He is not his dad though, in case that's what you're wondering.

I think some criticisms of Tad are more than fair, and even agree with some statements NotSure has been making. And I even agree with your post about RP. But, I do not think it applies to Tad at this moment. Tad has achieved much more success, and not just that... ...but his teams play so much better than RP's. Tad's earned a lot of rope, but yes, last year does deserve criticisms. He is far from having achieved sainthood like a K, Izzo, etc. Could we do better, absolutely... ....but we more than likely would end up doing a lot worse with another hire.

My post wasn't a criticism against RP or even a comparison between RP and Tad. I wanted to show some history. RP was actually our coach for 12 seasons not 11 like I had thought. By today's standards he is below average, but at the time he was the best coach we had in decades. We just don't have a strong basketball history and we never had high expectations, or else RP wouldn't have coached here for so long.

Now Tad is starting to become victim of his own success and I honestly think next year is a big year for him. Unless the AD is not providing the resources that he needs to win, the expectations are very clear. So it will be interesting if they are not met.

Back