What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

Michigan State will write a check for X millions and be really happy. They were on the hook for way more dollars for a coach that was stinking it up, and recruiting was going south.

I'm curious if Tracy will go for any of it. Honestly, wouldn't surprise me either way.

the face of michigan state, its highest paid employee, the most publicly known person there, whips out his dick on a video conference and starts to whack off because the thought "she wanted it"?

wtf is this discussion even about? he's fired and he is probably out of the sport for an indefinite period. whether she gets paid or not is irrelevant. whether she "went along with it" is irrelevant.

criminal stupidity by midnight mel and 100 out of 100 leaders in similar positions would be fired. the rest is noise.

Michigan State will write a check for X millions and be really happy. They were on the hook for way more dollars for a coach that was stinking it up, and recruiting was going south.
And Mel will go off to live under some rock and pay for phone sex the rest of his miserable life. He’ll have become wealthy and lost all of his integrity.

the face of michigan state, its highest paid employee, the most publicly known person there, whips out his dick on a video conference and starts to whack off because the thought "she wanted it"?

wtf is this discussion even about? he's fired and he is probably out of the sport for an indefinite period. whether she gets paid or not is irrelevant. whether she "went along with it" is irrelevant.

criminal stupidity by midnight mel and 100 out of 100 leaders in similar positions would be fired. the rest is noise.
I don’t think it was a video call.

so in summary, this is what it looks like when you're on a zoom call with Midnight Mel:

daffy duck masturbation GIF

He was doing a lot of edging there for 30+ minutes...

What are the grounds for her getting money?

Does Ishbia pay a potential settlement? O MSU?

Sexual harassment in a workplace environment, of course. Pretty easy case to make, really. Power imbalance, threats of retribution if the situation was disclosed - this is classic stuff for the grounds of a civil case. Remember that the bar for culpability in a civil case is much lower than in a criminal case.

As for who pays, if I was Ishbia or MSU, I pay for Tucker to go tf away and then let him handle anything else that comes his way.

I'm curious if Tracy will go for any of it. Honestly, wouldn't surprise me either way.
I think he was saying Tucker will get a large check for X amount to go away. Not sure about her.

Tracey probably gets something for Title IX since she had to have been a contractor with MSU buts its probably not very much. Hopefully she doesnt get black listed for future work as a contractor because of all this mess.

I suppose she could sue him for more money.

Then again he might sue her to try and clear his name if he really believes he did nothing wrong and wants to blow a lot of money on legal fees.

All of which would produce some pretty ugly moments on the witness stand.

@Liver is spot on about all this.

Sexual harassment in a workplace environment, of course. Pretty easy case to make, really. Power imbalance, threats of retribution if the situation was disclosed - this is classic stuff for the grounds of a civil case. Remember that the bar for culpability in a civil case is much lower than in a criminal case.

As for who pays, if I was Ishbia or MSU, I pay for Tucker to go tf away and then let him handle anything else that comes his way.
OK. Let’s see if she brings ex-MSU charges via a civil suit.

either she set him up over time, or Mel is a crazed pervert.
I can't question her victim status, but the gang rape she reported years ago, was never prosecuted.
He was a perfect potential vicitm. Middle aged, suddenly very rich, home life not great.
Why on earth would she keep the relationship going, after she knew it had gotten romantic? (and knowing it would be F'ing over Mel's wife and kids)

Jeezus. And you have a daughter?
What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Hopefully she doesnt get black listed for future work as a contractor because of all this mess.

Unfortunately, regardless of what actually happened on the night in question, I could see her becoming radioactive among college football coaches, which is bull****, but it is what it is.

In that sense, it makes even less sense to come up with a false accusation, as some here have suggested. This is a woman who's been through this before - she probably knew when she made the complaint what was going to happen.

I think he was saying Tucker will get a large check for X amount to go away. Not sure about her.

Tracey probably gets something for Title IX since she had to have been a contractor with MSU buts its probably not very much. Hopefully she doesnt get black listed for future work as a contractor because of all this mess.

I suppose she could sue him for more money.

Then again he might sue her to try and clear his name if he really believes he did nothing wrong and wants to blow a lot of money on legal fees.

All of which would produce some pretty ugly moments on the witness stand.

@Liver is spot on about all this.
I really don't think Tucker is going to walk away with a big check. The best he can hope for is a mutually agreed upon resignation rather than firing for cause which would kill any chances of him ever coaching at the college level again, even as an assistant.

Following the Nasser situation as well as the issues in the football and basketball programs before Mel got there she would have a very strong argument in a civil case that Michigan State still had not cleaned up an environment that put women at risk of this type of thing. If nothing else her attorneys could generate millions of dollars worth of negative publicity towards the school if it ever got to court regardless of the outcome.

At this point I am thinking that one logical and at least somewhat probable outcome of this ends with Mel signing on for a mutually agreed upon resignation giving up any and all claims to additional compensation. At the same time the Ms, Tracy agrees to a significant settlement from the university with the stipulation that she does not take further action against the university or against Tucker, either one of which would put the university on full display in a very negative light.

Tucker has put himself in a virtually indefensible position. The only leverage he has is that still reeling from Nasser and more the university has no interest in this thing dragging out any longer or becoming any more visible than it already is.

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't already impacting donations. I can see the wives of major donors (or wealthy women themselves who are donors) saying that they are sick of this stuff going on and using their influence to cut of donations.

I can see women's advocacy groups and/or women themselves in positions of influence in corporate offices asking those corporations how they can make six and seven figure donations to a university "that continues to allow this to happen to women."

Following the Nasser situation as well as the issues in the football and basketball programs before Mel got there she would have a very strong argument in a civil case that Michigan State still had not cleaned up an environment that put women at risk of this type of thing. If nothing else her attorneys could generate millions of dollars worth of negative publicity towards the school if it ever got to court regardless of the outcome.

When you lay it all out like that, MSU is even more of a scummy institution than we even thought. Damn.

And Mel will go off to live under some rock and pay for phone sex the rest of his miserable life. He’ll have become wealthy and lost all of his integrity.
The sad part about this is he will remain wealthy. As far as integrity, he had none with me after how he left CU. Saying he wasn't leaving CU, then doing just that, means his word isn't good, just like it isn't good here.

Look, I believe the girl.
Any 'man' who walks out on a huge contract in the middle of hte night THE DAY AFTER saying he wasn't going anywhere is somebody who has no credibility.

His career is trash, just as he ulitmately proved he is.
I don't even consider him bailing out on CU in the middle of the night in this situation, whole different story there.

Unless I have legitimate reason to think otherwise my tendency is to believe the woman when these things come up.

The reality is that although there are exceptions the vast majority of the time the accusations turn out to be correct, frequently they are just the tip of the iceberg.

When a woman steps forward with something like this she is not just subjecting the male to attention, she is putting it out there for the world that her most personal spaces, physically and/or emotionally have been violated. First she has to deal with the harassment or assault then she has to relive it as she reports it then she knows that she is going to be attacked for reporting it having her integrity and her morality called into question in public. Absolutely no part of the process is anything but difficult for the woman involved.

Because of the seriousness of the consequences I do believe that the woman's story should be looked at closely by those who have the authority to do so but for the general public in response to these situations it is completely inappropriate.

Again because of the seriousness of the consequences for the accused in those rare cases where a woman is found to be lying about the events she should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law but these rare cases should not in any way be used as excuses to try to discount the voices of women who come forward and report it when men violate them.

As a father and a husband I know that if my wife or daughters were to come forward to report something like this I would hope that they are believed and supported, not questioned and insulted for having the courage to come forward.

I don't even consider him bailing out on CU in the middle of the night in this situation, whole different story there.

Unless I have legitimate reason to think otherwise my tendency is to believe the woman when these things come up.

The reality is that although there are exceptions the vast majority of the time the accusations turn out to be correct, frequently they are just the tip of the iceberg.

When a woman steps forward with something like this she is not just subjecting the male to attention, she is putting it out there for the world that her most personal spaces, physically and/or emotionally have been violated. First she has to deal with the harassment or assault then she has to relive it as she reports it then she knows that she is going to be attacked for reporting it having her integrity and her morality called into question in public. Absolutely no part of the process is anything but difficult for the woman involved.

Because of the seriousness of the consequences I do believe that the woman's story should be looked at closely by those who have the authority to do so but for the general public in response to these situations it is completely inappropriate.

Again because of the seriousness of the consequences for the accused in those rare cases where a woman is found to be lying about the events she should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law but these rare cases should not in any way be used as excuses to try to discount the voices of women who come forward and report it when men violate them.

As a father and a husband I know that if my wife or daughters were to come forward to report something like this I would hope that they are believed and supported, not questioned and insulted for having the courage to come forward.

Good post.

Him bailing on CU the way he did does come into play though, when you consider that he said whatever was expedient at the time, regardless of the veracity of the statement. That is evidence of his character and the believability of what he says.

Your points about previous cases are good. This one will stand on its own merits.

I don’t expect his actions wrt CU to come into play on any part of this MSU action or any subsequent legal matter.

Good post.

Him bailing on CU the way he did does come into play though, when you consider that he said whatever was expedient at the time, regardless of the veracity of the statement. That is evidence of his character and the believability of what he says.
The investigation will determine if he lied in this case. Not in some previous CU situation.

But it does resolve the question as to whether there is cause to terminate his contract.

Not really. MSU always had the option to terminate his contract and pay him what was still owed. My point is: a finding by some university employee that Tugger violated university policies or title 9 will not determine how much MSU has to pay him.

Last edited:
What's even weirder is he failed to mention whether Harbaugh bought her shoes.

There was a lot of cringe in that statement. How about this: "I can only conclude that there is an ulterior motive designed to terminate my contract based on some other factor such as a desire to avoid any Nasser taint, or my race or gender."

Yes, Coach Tugger, MSU's real motive in firing you is that they want a white woman to coach the football team.

There was a lot of cringe in that statement. How about this: "I can only conclude that there is an ulterior motive designed to terminate my contract based on some other factor such as a desire to avoid any Nasser taint, or my race or gender."

Yes, Coach Tugger, MSU's real motive in firing you is that they want a white woman to coach the football team.
Anybody else find the phrase "Nasser taint" weird?

Not only at MSU but as a college football coach Mel's future is over. If he had a winning track record like an Urban Meyer and was able to mitigate some of the damage from this he would eventually have some schools willing to "give him another chance" but his record doesn't give him enough appeal for schools to ignore this.

I think that MSU is going to be in a very strong position to end up paying him little to none of the outstanding balance on the contract. He will sue because there is enough money involved to make it worth some lawyers taking a chance on but after the Nasser situation unless MSU just totally messes up on handling this he can kiss that future money goodbye.

From there comes the likely issue of her suing him for damages. I am assuming that he has retained enough wealth from CU and his time at MSU to make that a solid target to go after. Again assuming that the investigation isn't completely mishandled it would appear that the evidence is solid enough and inflammatory enough that his lawyers don't want this getting close to a jury so they settle for a substantial amount.

The big question which others here are qualified to answer, I am certainly not, is does the information released so far indicate that he might as well be subject to criminal prosecution. If that is the case then much of the above moves a direction significantly against him.

He's gonna get paid. Not the remainder of the contract, but a substantial amount. MSU won't want the reputational damage a trial would cause. Plus, they need Tugger to sign a non-disparagement agreement if they ever want to hire another FB coach who has other options.

Back