What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

I'll also re-iterate that I think the best move for the ACC is convince Notre Dame and Penn State to join together as full members

That would be funny since Maryland would be banging on the ACC door to let them back in.

I don't doubt what that VT board poster is saying about CU & some P12 schools going to the B1G. It's pretty easy to come to those conclusions. Any word of CU to the SEC since if OU is added, CU technically would border a SEC state making CU technically eligible for the SEC? I think VT would be a good fit in the SEC.

Interesting.

I think that ****braska game in 2019 was a massive awakening for the CU admin. That game was an absolute financial bonanza for the AD and School. Getting that game every other year would be massive along with how well the BIG travels, it makes sense.

I've wanted CU to the BIG for the last few years but if they were to pull this off, I think that would crush how big of a move this would be compared to the move to the Pac.

I think everything is largely irrelevant unless or until CU commits to its football program.

That would be funny since Maryland would be banging on the ACC door to let them back in.

I don't doubt what that VT board poster is saying about CU & some P12 schools going to the B1G. It's pretty easy to come to those conclusions. Any word of CU to the SEC since if OU is added, CU technically would border a SEC state making CU technically eligible for the SEC? I think VT would be a good fit in the SEC.
I only want to see VT to the SEC if the ACC collapses. if the ACC survives, it should remain Tech's home.

but a VT/Tenn conference rivalry could be great.

MSU cares about winning, like most schools in the B1G. That's my only point. The money would be nice, sure, but would you honestly expect CU to start behaving in a way that would allow us to be competitive in the B1G?

I would expect that there would be an increase in money spent by the AD commensurate with the increased payout from the conference.

Honestly if Texas and OU do this... football is irrelevant west of Austin

I think an argument can be made it already is.

As I said previously, I think the lack of importance of college football on the West Coast (compared to the Southeast and the Midwest) is a major problem for the P12.

Who gives a **** about little brother?

CU's gotta find a way into the Big 10, and frankly-I think CU might be the B1G's only expansion option. I can't see them poaching anybody from the ACC-doesn't their grant of rights make it hard for any of their membership to leave?
Aside from the comic relief, nobody.

I really don’t want to be part of the B1G unless it’s part of a combined super conference with the PAC.

If I squint really hard, I can envision a 32 team super conference that includes all current B1G and PAC teams plus OSU, KU, ISU, Tech, TCU and Baylor. I just threw up in my mouth - but for ****s sake, they just won the hoops national championship. Cheating assholes or not, that can’t be ignored. Divide it into four 8-team sub-conferences and run a playoff every year, with the championship held at the Rose Bowl. Winner advances to play the winner of the SEC/ACC super conference championship.

I would expect that there would be an increase in money spent by the AD commensurate with the increased payout from the conference.

But would there be an increase in money spent compared to the rest of the college game or the conference peers?

Texas being accused of damaging CFB and fellow conference mates...who could have predicted that. It truly is amazing that there is never enough for them despite being the richest school in college athletics.

We are really seeing how the lack of sport commissioner and everyone acting for their own short term interests really is bad for the sport. If there is a breakaway maybe eventually we get a commissioner since that league will look a lot more like a professional model.

Whereas CU .... ?

Fair point and I have that same frustration regarding CU's football program, as many others on this board do too. But CU has done some excellent recent facilities upgrades and at least we were relevant on the national stage for over a decade even if that is 20 years ago at this point. KU is 100% a basketball school and always will be. In general CU football just has a much better perception than the wasteland known as KU football. And I know these expansions won't be nearly as market driven as the last round was but you also can't ignore the possibility of the B1G getting full control of the Denver TV market in the P5 landscape, whereas the KC market is broken up between the Big XII, B1G and SEC.

Texas being accused of damaging CFB and fellow conference mates...who could have predicted that. It truly is amazing that there is never enough for them despite being the richest school in college athletics.

We are really seeing how the lack of sport commissioner and everyone acting for their own short term interests really is bad for the sport. If there is a breakaway maybe eventually we get a commissioner since that league will look a lot more like a professional model.
Which is why I’d love to see this happen. They would have outright killed two conferences and would be working on a third. Don’t anybody try to tell me their act would be kept in check in the SEC. They don’t accept being held in check. UT is like a virus. It eats away at the host until there’s nothing left but a carcass, and then they move on to the next victim.

But would there be an increase in money spent compared to the rest of the college game or the conference peers?
Obviously not conference peers, but we would outspend anyone outside of the SEC, B10, and a few other outliers like ND and Oregon.

Which is why I’d love to see this happen. They would have outright killed two conferences and would be working on a third. Don’t anybody try to tell me their act would be kept in check in the SEC. They don’t accept being held in check. UT is like a virus. It eats away at the host until there’s nothing left but a carcass, and then they move on to the next victim.
1627052083516.gif

If it happens again there will be nothing left of college football

Bama, LSU, Arky. That is some powerful medicine. UT will still be UT, but finally they will have a group of schools who have the $$$ and power to tell them to eff off....and make it stick.

are football fans in the state of Texas more into NFL or college? Most of the US, it seems very clear where interests reside, but w/ Texas, I genuinely don't know.

Back