What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 11/21 - 11/25

AP Poll out. Here's how they did the top 7:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Washington
4. Florida State
5. Oregon
6. Ohio State
7. Texas

The last Pac 12 championship game is a CFP quarterfinal. I'd like to have seen Ohio State fall to 7.

It’d be a laugh if CU got invited despite the one-light-left-on-in-the-building-PAC12’s rules. Then have some 6-6, and 5-7, teams be shut out. Not likely to happen, but why not cap off a weird year in Buffs Football from December of 2022 to December of 2023?

This season was a good example of why the playoff needed to be expanded.
Why’s that? You’ve got 4 undefeated teams all from different conferences. What’s going to F this up is the stupid CCG - more so the ones without divisions (Where one team won the conference straight up).

The worst case scenario for CCG weekend is for Alabama to beat UGa by a FG or less and they put both in the playoff.

It would be nice to get a little diversity in the final year of the 4 team playoffs.

You don’t think coaching staffs care about seeding?
It depends on the draw. All I know is they can lose and things are still OK. That affects the game. And the fan experience.

I guess the 5v12, 4v11 games will mean something (I’ll watch) but that Michigan game was damn good and you know the atmosphere will be electric Friday.

I appreciate those that want 12. Not me.

It depends on the draw. All I know is they can lose and things are still OK. That affects the game. And the fan experience.

I guess the 5v12, 4v11 games will mean something (I’ll watch) but that Michigan game was damn good and you know the atmosphere will be electric Friday.

I appreciate those that want 12. Not me.
Not wanting the playoffs to expand is fine but suggesting that teams won’t try to win late season rivalry games because they’re in regardless is nuts. They do care about seeding and alums/donors really care about beating rivals.

Not wanting the playoffs to expand is fine but suggesting that teams won’t try to win late season rivalry games because they’re in regardless is nuts. They do care about seeding and alums/donors really care about beating rivals.
Yep. No way would Kirby have rested his starters against GT if we had a 12-team playoff.

Yep. No way would Kirby have rested his starters against GT if we had a 12-team playoff.
agree 100% that it seems far less likely for that situation to come up in college, even with a 12 team playoff, than in the pros.

it does seem like that this format could lead to less big rivalry games scheduled on Thanksgiving weekend though. I could see Georgia scheduling UAB instead of GT on the last weekend of the regular season.

Imagine harbaugh or day resting starters for the UM/OSU game
"Win or lose, we're in the playoffs, so why risk injury? Also, we're better off not playing in the conference championship game anyway so we can get that extra rest & health, so it's probably better if we lose."

The above thinking may be absolutely valid, but will never fly in CFB. I think it could cause rivalry games between elites to move to earlier in the season.

Why’s that? You’ve got 4 undefeated teams all from different conferences. What’s going to F this up is the stupid CCG - more so the ones without divisions (Where one team won the conference straight up).

Just feels like there is a lot of parity this season. There are some good 1 loss teams, and undefeateded teams are all vulnerable. Should also mention I've wanted the D1 postseason to be more like the other NCAA divisions for awhile now.

Honestly, there's the petty **** that makes college rivalries fun (and funny), and then there's the petty **** that make a fan base look immature and weak.

This one toes that line.
Let’s not poke the Beavers when they’re holding our money hostage.

Honestly, when I saw the billboard I thought, “great, now I hate The Ducks even more.”

I’ve been trying to root for them again after I learned to hate them during the Chip tenure. They make it tough.

Maybe the Huskies will kick the **** out of them and put up a billboard outside Nike headquarters.

Let’s not poke the Beavers when they’re holding our money hostage.

Honestly, when I saw the billboard I thought, “great, now I hate The Ducks even more.”

I’ve been trying to root for them again after I learned to hate them during the Chip tenure. They make it tough.

Maybe the Huskies will kick the **** out of them and put up a billboard outside Nike headquarters.

We go for 2 and don't punt. Duck football ftmfw!!!! Idiots.

Were the check marks satellite buttons that you had to…click on?

Dr Evil GIF

I will root for anything to keep Oregon out of the CFP.
Putting this take here because I don't know where else to-I have no idea what Vegas is thinking with that line. I get Oregon is clicking on all cylinders......but Washington handed them their only loss for a reason. DeBoer is the best gameday coach in the country, and I don't think its close. Ryan Grubb should already be a head coach. That team is as good (if not moreso) than Oregon at every spot.

Putting this take here because I don't know where else to-I have no idea what Vegas is thinking with that line. I get Oregon is clicking on all cylinders......but Washington handed them their only loss for a reason. DeBoer is the best gameday coach in the country, and I don't think its close. Ryan Grubb should already be a head coach. That team is as good (if not moreso) than Oregon at every spot.
Please oh please be right.
So here’s what pisses me off to no end - UDub beat them in the regular season, finish undefeated. If all other top 4 teams win but UDub loses, Oregon is in, UDub is out...even though technically, UDub would have “a better loss”.

Im pretty worried. I agree with all you said. Oregon is angry at losing. UW has risen with just enough to win the last few games. UW has some injuries and has had some bad luck with dropped balls, rain. This rematch however is no easy task. And rematches rarely ever go well unless one of the two is truly much more dominant which is not the case.

Betting Odds for No. 6 Oregon vs. No. 4 Washington in Pac-12...
  • Oregon vs. Washington Betting Odds.
  • Spread: Oregon -9.5 (-110) | Washington +9.5 (-110)
  • Money Line: Oregon -330 | Washington +260.
  • Points Total: 66.5 | Over (-110) | Under (-110)
The Ducks are 9-point favorites and the over/under for total points scored is 66.5 in the latest college football odds from the SportsLine consensus.

Im pretty worried. I agree with all you said. Oregon is angry at losing. UW has risen with just enough to win the last few games. UW has some injuries and has had some bad luck with dropped balls, rain. This rematch however is no easy task. And rematches rarely ever go well unless one of the two is truly much more dominant which is not the case.

9 points is insane though.

Putting up a new thread for this weeks games now. Looks to be a good weekend to watch football.

Back