What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games 9/23-9/25

Well I guess no uninspiring promotion from within for USC after losing to the Beavs. They’ll have to go out an actually hire someone.

Well I guess no uninspiring promotion from within for USC after losing to the Beavs. They’ll have to go out an actually hire someone.
USC isn't us... of course they weren't gonna make an uninspired promotion from within

Matt Campbell is a good coach and his teams pretty underachieving performance so far this year doesn’t change that, but I was told CU should use that model because Matt Campbell is dominating with ****ty recruiting. They are not, in fact, dominating and their talent level is bringing them back to the mean

Depends on a number of things. How many other conference champs will be undefeated or have 1 loss? Who is Oregon's loss to, and is it a bad loss? Will both UGA and Bama both be undefeated going into the SECCG - in which case both will likely get in? Will the Cincy/ND winner be undefeated?
Oregon only plays conf games from here on out. ANY loss will be considered a bad loss.

Cincy, USC, Stanford, UNC, VT are all very tough games. I know USC is a mess right now but they have talent and seem to have some rekindled hope with the big win last week. Plus ND beat FSU and Toledo by a whisker so they can lose to just about anyone. And I just don't think ND is that good.
Had to check your time stamp re USC.

Julian and Wright for the Beavs both wanted to go to CU and we couldn't get them in. Each had a pick last night against SC.

Oregon State is fun, and I’m about ready to adopt them as my favorite team for the rest of the year ( expect for when they come to Boulder I guess )

What I wouldn’t give to have Lindgren back…

Oregon State is fun, and I’m about ready to adopt them as my favorite team for the rest of the year ( expect for when they come to Boulder I guess )

What I wouldn’t give to have Lindgren back…
Isn’t Nolan their third string QB? After Gebbia and Noyer?

I was mostly watching the NC State game while glancing at the Auburn game yesterday.

For a team going against a very good defense and one of the better DL groups in the country, NC State really impressed me with their stretch running game. Seemed to be getting positive yardage most of the time and were not putting themselves way behind in down and distance.

OTOH, the Clemson OL is a hot mess. The only time they seemed to have any success was the occasional improvisation from their QB.

Matt Campbell is a good coach and his teams pretty underachieving performance so far this year doesn’t change that, but I was told CU should use that model because Matt Campbell is dominating with ****ty recruiting. They are not, in fact, dominating and their talent level is bringing them back to the mean
It’s ok, next year there will be some other program that outperforms it’s recruiting rankings for a year or two and we’ll all point to them as our North Star program. Rinse, repeat.

But it felt like talent level was going to continue being upgraded and the future looked bright
I know what you’re saying. My original post actually had to do with people talking about him currently being 4-0 and ranked. I was just sort of pointing out the similarities between us then and MSU know. In a Machiavellian sort of way, looking for MSU to end up 5-7 this year. And then would laugh.

I know what you’re saying. My original post actually had to do with people talking about him currently being 4-0 and ranked. I was just sort of pointing out the similarities between us then and MSU know. In a Machiavellian sort of way, looking for MSU to end up 5-7 this year. And then would laugh.
And if that happened, they would still be better positioned than CU going forward despite some poster’s trying desperately to convince themselves that he’s a fraud.

@MtnBuff
Pretty great week of games coming up with 2 top 10 matchups plus a 12-versus-1 matchup.

#8 Arkansas at #2 Georgia
#7 Cincinnati at #9 ND
#12 Ole Miss at #1 Alabama

Also:
#14 Michigan at Wisconsin
#21 Baylor at #19 Oklahoma State (both undefeated)
#10 Florida at Kentucky (UK is undefeated)
#22 Auburn at LSU (late 9pm EDT start for an SEC game)

I just took a look at the NC State roster. https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/nc-state/91280

Watch out for that team. They're young as hell. Coaches have done a great job of identifying talent, including transfers where needed to fill holes.

Kind of pisses me off that Dave Doeren was allegedly on the CU short list after firing Embree and we missed on him.

Back