What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!
  • There has been an ongoing bug where club membership subscriptions have not been expiring. We have fixed this bug, and on October 7 users who do not have an active subscription will have their membership revoked, and you will be given the opportunity to renew. Please visit this post for details: https://allbuffs.com/threads/club-membership-privileges-not-being-revoked-when-yearly-subscription-ends.160161/

Other games weekend of 8/31-9/3

BYU and Cincy are good teams...not great by any means...but these 2 look like the weak links in the South.
I'd be hesitant of calling them good teams, they both won just 4 games last year and were far from their once respectable reputations. And even worse they both lost at home.

I'd be hesitant of calling them good teams, they both won just 4 games last year and were far from their once respectable reputations.. And even worse they both lost at home.
Good point. I was going more off reputation.

What the hell is Arizona's offensive coordinator doing?
You build your scheme around your players, you don't try and make them fit your offense.
Anyone with half a brain understands that your offense should be predicated on Tate's running ability. How can they be this stupid?
No. Nothing to back that up. He's a great football player. He isn't a QB. He plays QB, but he's not Lamar Jackson.

Sumlin is doing him no favors by trying to make him play like a QB.
It’s good for us, no?

General observations about week 1:
I’m already sick of Bama. **** them.

The PAC South looks wide open...we have a shot at it.

Minnesota put up in one game more points than they usually score ina season.

Non P5 teams gave Pedo and MSU all they could handle. Overrated?

Texas! Haha!

The F uckEyes gave up 31 at home against a bad OSU team.

Tennessee looks like a hot mess. So glad we didn’t get food cart.

UW looks like the real deal.

USC gave up 21 pts at home against UNLV...if they play like that against us we’ll hang 45 on them.

Kansas lost to Nichols State at home...why do they still have a football team?

Hawaii’s O looks for real...makes me think it wasn’t a fluke against CSU and maybe they aren’t as bad as we think?
Minnesota apparently started a true freshman walk on at QB - what the hell happened to their QB recruiting?

Damn you Michigan

Damn you Utah State

Damn you App State

Damn you UDub

Nicely done Hawai’i

Nicely done Cincy

Nicely done John Smith

Well played Akron

David Beaty has more losses against FCS opponents than wins against FBS teams.

First casualty in our Hot Seat thread this year?

To be fair, Beaty started with just 39 recruited scholarship players. www.cjonline.com/sports/20180716/ku-football-notebook-david-beaty-details-dire-inherited-scholarship-situation
I think he inherited a worse situation than MM did and it wll take longer to get out of it. KU football was destroyed by the previous staffs. They should have never fired Mangino.

To be fair, Beaty started with just 39 recruited scholarship players. www.cjonline.com/sports/20180716/ku-football-notebook-david-beaty-details-dire-inherited-scholarship-situation
I think he inherited a worse situation than MM did and it wll take longer to get out of it. KU football was destroyed by the previous staffs. They should have never fired Mangino.

I get he inherited a mess, but we are talking about a team potentially going winless in his fourth year there. A bowl game is an unrealistic expectation, but some progress should be evident by now. They are going to get throttled in conference play.

There was no mention at all of the Buffs on the Pac-12 recap show. What's up with that?

I get he inherited a mess, but we are talking about a team potentially going winless in his fourth year there. A bowl game is an unrealistic expectation, but some progress should be evident by now. They are going to get throttled in conference play.

Tough situation. They have been so bad for so long that they can't even sell hope.

Any decent prospect with other offers is going elsewhere so they continue the cycle. He can either recruit kids who aren't good enough to get interest from other P5 schools or he can take a lot of high risk kids and end up with big attrition numbers.

Neither gets you any closer to winning.

I RARELY root for a favorite, but tonight I’m rooting for The U. And I hope they OBLITERATE LSU! Like, no sportsmanship.
A) I’ve got a secret crush on Miami (they were one of my Top 4 schools)
2) I pretty much always root against SEC, a la WVU v Tennessee yesterday.

I RARELY root for a favorite, but tonight I’m rooting for The U. And I hope they OBLITERATE LSU! Like, no sportsmanship.
A) I’ve got a secret crush on Miami (they were one of my Top 4 schools)
2) I pretty much always root against SEC, a la WVU v Tennessee yesterday.
LSU winning is good, because they are likely to get beat up in the SEC, your weird fetish aside.

Losing to Nicholls shouldn't happen in year 1. When it happens in year 4, it simply is not working - whatever they're trying to do or trying to recover from.

I do think the talent has been upgraded and I do think they made a home run hire for offensive coordinator when they somehow got Doug Meacham from TCU, but something is beyond broken with that KU program right now.

With tonight's game, I'm still not sure who I'm rooting for. I picked Miami in our AB confidence pool. I think it's good if it goes that way and the SEC takes a small hit in power ranking. But I'm not sure.

With tonight's game, I'm still not sure who I'm rooting for. I picked Miami in our AB confidence pool. I think it's good if it goes that way and the SEC takes a small hit in power ranking. But I'm not sure.
I used to like LSU. I thought their Bayou night thing was cool. That died a long time ago. I believe all SEC teams are more dirty than CU.

This game is like kissing your sister, but I still want LSU.

Back