What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 8/31-9/3

Bryce Love's Heisman campaign is crashing and burning in week 1. 12 carries for 7 yards so far.

Interesting.
Starting for Nevada, former CU walk-on QB Ty Gagni having a good night
11-18 249 yards 2 TDs 1 Int. halfway through the 3rd quarter
Not exactly tough competition in FCS Portland State but good to see him doing well.

It took 30 seconds for Ole Miss to score on Texas Tech. Also, Maryland up 7-0 on Texas.

Maryland has come out a lot better than I expected. I was figuring that between the hot mess in the Maryland program with the player death & scandal surrounding it along with Texas having improved and being pissed about what Maryland did to them in Austin, that UT would roll in this one. Maybe not. I'd love to see the Horns lose this game.

I landed on FS1 with the UT/Maryland game. I figure Ole Miss/ TTU is going to take 5 hours so I can watch more of that after the other 10am games are over. The matchup of OSUs is the game, though, if it stays interesting into halftime.

(Also, as someone who grew up in that local area, I'm checking in on Villanova at Temple. Nova actually went up 7-0 early. I don't expect that anyone else here cares about that one.)

Maryland has come out a lot better than I expected. I was figuring that between the hot mess in the Maryland program with the player death & scandal surrounding it along with Texas having improved and being pissed about what Maryland did to them in Austin, that UT would roll in this one. Maybe not. I'd love to see the Horns lose this game.

Herman is going to have issues if Texas drops that one.

Touchdown Maryland! 14-7 Terps.

Almost an unsportsmanlike conduct on the TD. WR slowed down while looking back as he ran it in. Announcers seemed to think that it would have wiped out the TD if they hadn't picked the flag up. If that's correct, I hate that rule. Don't take the touchdown away. Should be 15 yards the other team can take on the XP or kickoff along with the player who did it getting a warning (like a yellow card in soccer) with him getting booted if gets flagged again for unsportsmanlike.

MD has the emotional edge in this game, it was pretty obvious from the beginning. That emotion could have gone either way, the coaches channeled it well.

UT is probably the better team, but emotion can win a college game.

Aside: if the weasel had understood that last sentence, he probably would have won an MNC at CU.

Touchdown Maryland! 14-7 Terps.

Almost an unsportsmanlike conduct on the TD. WR slowed down while looking back as he ran it in. Announcers seemed to think that it would have wiped out the TD if they hadn't picked the flag up. If that's correct, I hate that rule. Don't take the touchdown away. Should be 15 yards the other team can take on the XP or kickoff along with the player who did it getting a warning (like a yellow card in soccer) with him getting booted if gets flagged again for unsportsmanlike.
That's been the rule for years.

Back