What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Over or under 2 wins in 2022?

I see an O fer
Isn't that your standard pre-season pick??? Everybody gets wildly better and CU sucks and doesn't improve an iota, irrespectively??? (weren't you a YUUGE Jimmy Lake fan??)

Just get a new schtick! Your old one plain sucks!

4+, however the ball bounces! Cal, Az and ASU ain't exactly setting the world on fire and TCU (Peterson didn't quit because he was THIS CLOSE to an invite to the Big Four), & UM lost some very good SRs and AFA lost a lot of coaches and their QB; not an automatic W for them.

Hard to predict without knowing what the QB situation will be and whether the dismissal of coach blocking sled will produce positive results. If all falls just right (which it rarely does), this could be A 6 or 7 win team. That would require winning 3-4 games we have no business winning. Likely wins include Arizona and, um, well, I guess just Arizona. Theres a lot of toss ups that could be decided by special teams play, turnovers, opposing team injuries to key players and general coaching idiocy. These include TCU, Cal, UCLA, Air Force, ASU and OSU. Then there are the games where weird **** just might happen. Those are UW, UU, and Minnesota. No hopers against USC and Oregon. Best guess for me is 4 wins and a lot of excuses about the team being young.

Isn't that your standard pre-season pick??? Everybody gets wildly better and CU sucks and doesn't improve an iota, irrespectively??? (weren't you a YUUGE Jimmy Lake fan??)

4+, however the ball bounces! Cal, Az and ASU ain't exactly setting the world on fire and TCU (Peterson didn't quit because he was THIS CLOSE to an invite to the Big Four), & UM lost some very good SRs and AFA lost a lot of coaches and their QB; not an automatic W for them.
Whenever I need comedic relief…

Hard to predict without knowing what the QB situation will be and whether the dismissal of coach blocking sled will produce positive results. If all falls just right (which it rarely does), this could be A 6 or 7 win team. That would require winning 3-4 games we have no business winning. Likely wins include Arizona and, um, well, I guess just Arizona. Theres a lot of toss ups that could be decided by special teams play, turnovers, opposing team injuries to key players and general coaching idiocy. These include TCU, Cal, UCLA, Air Force, ASU and OSU. Then there are the games where weird **** just might happen. Those are UW, UU, and Minnesota. No hopers against USC and Oregon. Best guess for me is 4 wins and a lot of excuses about the team being young.
The only toss ups this season are TCU, AFA, AZ, OSU, and Cal. If they get to 3 wins, they’ll come from that group. If the ball bounces right and they get extremely lucky with injuries/coaching effects/competition is crap they might get to....wait for it...5 wins. The rest? Fuhgettaboutit.

If they fail to win a game before conference play starts, they’re in big trouble. If you’ve got a win or two already then you’re just another easy/winnable game on the schedule (or maybe somebody’s trap game), but if you’re an 0-fer squad then you’re getting the very best shot from every team desperate for a win and a more focused approach from every good team who doesn’t want to be the team that lost to your potentially historically notable suckiness.

Hopefully more than 2 wins. I will take a bowl game. Anything is possible. The season starts in August or September not March.

7-5
The season better damn well be underway right now. Lots for that staff to do. Clearly the current players need to get stronger and faster. And need to get integrated into new system.

Good, uplifting topic for my first thread start in over a decade.

This year has the potential to be the worst CU team that’s been fielded since before McCartney. No lines on this yet, but I’m assuming the over/under for CU wins this year will be set at 2.5. What’s your feel on that? There’s no FCS teams on the schedule this season… I honestly think there’s at least a 10% chance that they don’t win a single game.

TCU
@Air Force
@Minnesota
UCLA
@Arizona
Cal
@Oregon St
ASU
Oregon
@USC
@ Washington
Utah
1 win. Arizona.

Nope, used to be one of the biggest homers for CU and always had them bowling preseason. That isn’t going to happen. At this point, they may be the dog in all but 1 game next year. The staff is horrible. Talent for a not improving and definitely not improving vs the conference. Why would anyone be optimistic with this program? Where is the hope?

1 win. Arizona.
If you aren't a fan of one of the schools how desperate for football do you have to be to want to watch that game.

That has the potential to be one of the worst exhibitions of "football" in the entire country.

I predict:
Shrout wins the QB battle
They set the O/U at 3.5, I bet the under = Profit
The Buffs win game 1, enthusiasm sky rockets
I bet the opponents and lay the points each week =Profit
Lewis replaces Shrout at some point
All of us are already talking Tad Ball by Oct 1

I predict:
Shrout wins the QB battle
They set the O/U at 3.5, I bet the under = Profit
The Buffs win game 1, enthusiasm sky rockets
I bet the opponents and lay the points each week =Profit
Lewis replaces Shrout at some point
All of us are already talking Tad Ball by Oct 1
You forgot the “this team is young” excuses that will be flowing like cheap wine at a gypsy bachelorette party.

5-6 wins. a few humiliating losses. Even some of the wins are humiliating, like Washington last year.

We suck, but we don't strategize in a risky way. We will win some games just based on other opponents being **** and making key mistakes.

5-6 wins. a few humiliating losses. Even some of the wins are humiliating, like Washington last year.

We suck, but we don't strategize in a risky way. We will win some games just based on other opponents being **** and making key mistakes.
No way the team we have today wins 5 - 6. Being in a dozen or so Big 5 starters via transfer portal and we can talk about winning more than 1 - 2. This current team would be below 500 in MW conference.

Back