What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Over or under 2 wins in 2022?

The only disappointment for me this season is that we are not going to enjoy beating CSU & Nebraska this year.

You forgot the “this team is young” excuses that will be flowing like cheap wine at a gypsy bachelorette party.
I'm just waiting for someone to compile NIL deals across all Pac12 teams and discover the Buffs have the lowest NIL total per win.

CU AD - These guys play for the love of the game. #TremendousValue Get your season tickets now.

The thing that's making it hard for me to be positive about our potential record is that I can't point to a position group and say, "Buffs are clearly in the top third of the Pac-12 with those guys." But I know we have weaknesses and a lot of unproven guys with very thin depth.

There's always hope if we get solid OL play and a plus QB performance. But those are two of our most questionable areas right now.

I'm just waiting for someone to compile NIL deals across all Pac12 teams and discover the Buffs have the lowest NIL total per win.

CU AD - These guys play for the love of the game. #TremendousValue Get your season tickets now.
My sense is that CU was totally unprepared for the NIL world. Which is mind boggling because I thought Rick George was in the middle of the NIL talks among CFB administration. I am giving up my season tickets this year after having them for a very long time, and it is not a tough decision.

My sense is that CU was totally unprepared for the NIL world. Which is mind boggling because I thought Rick George was in the middle of the NIL talks among CFB administration. I am giving up my season tickets this year after having them for a very long time, and it is not a tough decision.
CU hangs its hat on a lot of excuses:

- COVID disruptions to recruiting, revenues, practices, and conditioning
- Transfer rules eliminating the mandatory redshirt
- NIL changing the nature of recruiting & retention

All valid. Also, all issues for which every other fvcking program in the country had to adapt.

It's like blaming a loss on the weather.

CU hangs its hat on a lot of excuses:

- COVID disruptions to recruiting, revenues, practices, and conditioning
- Transfer rules eliminating the mandatory redshirt
- NIL changing the nature of recruiting & retention

All valid. Also, all issues for which every other fvcking program in the country had to adapt.

It's like blaming a loss on the weather.
Simple question, do we want to win or not?

Not only do we not have 1 position group in the top third of the conference, we really do not have a position group that got better in the off season. Also, not sure the Buffs did not lose ground to every team in the Pac. Maybe stayed even wit AZ but not sure
Arizona State is rapidly devolving into a dumpster fire, but point taken.

I predict:
Shrout wins the QB battle
They set the O/U at 3.5, I bet the under = Profit
The Buffs win game 1, enthusiasm sky rockets
I bet the opponents and lay the points each week =Profit
Lewis replaces Shrout at some point
All of us are already talking Tad Ball by Oct 1

I predict someone will start or contribute to a thread suggesting the termination of Karl Dorell...

Not only do we not have 1 position group in the top third of the conference, we really do not have a position group that got better in the off season. Also, not sure the Buffs did not lose ground to every team in the Pac. Maybe stayed even wit AZ but not sure
I want to disagree with this. It’s really difficult to do. Though, I think the OL will actually be better as the best “transfer” we had this year was sending the Bayou Blocking Sled back down south. Since our OL won’t have to haul that dead weight around the field every game, they may be capable of a reach-block here or there.

The one advantage of being dead-last in offensive production, of course.

Let me explain: The Buffs will win 4. They will win one of the OOC games. They will have one immense unexpected upset of a good conference team. And they will beat two crappy/underperforming conference teams. So let's see....yup, that's 4.
This is the optimistic cap of the year and what I was thinking

Let me explain: The Buffs will win 4. They will win one of the OOC games. They will have one immense unexpected upset of a good conference team. And they will beat two crappy/underperforming conference teams. So let's see....yup, that's 4.
I had them at 4 last year. This year, I expect them to have 2 wins. They have likely regressed from last year, and they appear to have less depth. A lot of games are going to be really ugly this year.

I had them at 4 last year. This year, I expect them to have 2 wins. They have likely regressed from last year, and they appear to have less depth. A lot of games are going to be really ugly this year.
I think CU will probably have improved QB play in 2022....

It is sad where this program has devolved to over time. I remember when fans on this (and other CU boards) wanted Gary Barnett fired because they were tired of getting blown out in the Conference Championship Game and going to lower tier bowl games. I think we fans now see the problems with this program run deeper than firing a coach (or AD). This is a program without much real support for winning from the school. Many thought the PAC12 was the answer to our woes, but it turns out that CU embraced some aspects of the Pac12 that were not aligned with winning and on top of it the PAC12 is as poorly committed to success as CU.

I have no idea on the over/under for wins, but to see 2 as a number that many expect and 4 seems to be optimistic makes me sad. But I have to admit I am not as invested in CU athletics as I was in the past so maybe I am part of the problem.

Saw a social media clip from the AD over the weekend that featured hype around a Kaylin Moore INT. Looking at it from a different perspective, it was an absolutely ATROCIOUS throw by Lewis. That crushed what little hope I had gained re: QBs this spring.

This is my optimistic take. My pessimistic take is that somehow, someway they avoid the ignominy of going 0-fer by playing competently against a middling opponent that keeps stepping on their own dick all game. But two or three actual wins seems most likely, along five or six bb2 moral victories will leave the sunshine pumpers with the "change 7 or 8 plays/calls and we go bowling, this thing is about to pop!"

I am getting a lot of folks who are just reading the approved propaganda from the AD asking me how I think the team will be this year. They seem genuinely surprised when I tell them I have little faith we will win more than 2-3 games.

Last year we beat the Bear(ly) s of UNC, Arizona, Oregon State, and Washington all at home.

This season no terrible FCS school to get a win against, and our three other wins from last year are all on the road this season. We could still beat Arizona there but will likely be 0-4 going in. Oregon State will be improved and Washington won't likely be falling apart like last year.

ASU might be falling apart when they come in so that one is a potential win and UCLA, despite having better talent, can always lose anytime, anywhere.

TCU has better athletes than we do, Air Force at their place will show how bad our coaching is. Minnesota beat us up in Boulder, this year it's at their place. Oregon, USC, Utah are all no hopers, they can beat us sleepwalking. That leaves Cal as unlikely but a hopeful win.

This is my optimistic take. My pessimistic take is that somehow, someway they avoid the ignominy of going 0-fer by playing competently against a middling opponent that keeps stepping on their own dick all game. But two or three actual wins seems most likely, along five or six bb2 moral victories will leave the sunshine pumpers with the "change 7 or 8 plays/calls and we go bowling, this thing is about to pop!"

"Damn !! If two more of those close losses (which we Shoulda Won !!) were wins we'd be 6-6 and playing Kent State in the Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl ! Karl and Rick suck, man !! Now Oregon State gets to go to El Paso! Bastards."

Well, QB play can't get much worse than it was last year. They obviously need to move on from Lewis, who is not a D1 quarterback. Even Montez showed some promise his first year, and Sefo showed improvement despite taking a ton of punishment over his college career. But this program is going absolutely nowhere with Lewis, who showed only that he shouldn't be a QB at this level. The fact that he got as many snaps as he did shows how bad this program is at recruiting, player evaluation, and player development.

Back