What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Over or under 2 wins in 2022?

I wasn't sure where to put this and it's behind a paywall so I wasn't able to read it. For anyone with a sub.

FWIW, while the story is depressing, this is a reason why I like The Athletic. The college football writing is not all playoffs, all the time.

Over on the 2 wins. I think ASU's going off the deep end. Its going to take Jedd Fisch probably 3-4 years to make Arizona competitive.......and I'm sure this team lucks into a win or two somewhere else.

Basically I see the problem scenario-this program is going to do enough to where RG thinks he doesn't have to do anything with Dorrell.

TCU, AFA, ASU, AZ, OSU, and Cal are all games CU should either be favored in (potentially none) or a one score dog

UW and UCLA are winnable even though they are likely to be double digit dogs

MN, USC, Oregon, Utah will likely all be 17+ point favorites and are likely no hopers

TCU, AFA, ASU, AZ, OSU, and Cal are all games CU should either be favored in (potentially none) or a one score dog

MN, USC, Oregon, Utah will likely all be 17+ point favorites and are likely no hopers
Here's the way I'd break it down-
TCU-Very, very winnable. New coach with a new offensive system. Let's give this one to CU. 1-0.
@AFA-Troy Calhoun's a much better football coach than Dorrell. Air Force is a much better program than we are. 1-1
Minnesota-L. If CU's a 17 point dog in that game, I'll take the points. 1-2.
UCLA-Tossup. Don't they have a new QB? Let's give this one to UCLA. 1-3
@Arizona-W. They showed things last year, but I still think they're 2-3 years away. 2-3
Cal-I'm gonna give this one to CU. Laid a total egg in that game last year and Cal comes here. Feels like a game we steal. 3-3
@Oregon State. L. Jonathan Smith is a good football coach and I don't see them laying two eggs in a row against us. 3-4
Arizona State-W. They're about to fall off the cliff. 4-4
Oregon-Loss. Duh. 4-5
@USC-We'll lose here too. 4-6
@Washington-Probably the most winnable game we have in November, but its on the road. Don't see a W. 4-7
Utah-Whittingham will come in here and kick our ass yet again. 4-8.

Basically good enough to fool our dumbass AD into thinking this program is going in the right direction. Its like we've turned into Nebraska or something.

TCU-Very, very winnable. New coach with a new offensive system. Let's give this one to CU. 1-0.
@AFA-Troy Calhoun's a much better football coach than Dorrell. Air Force is a much better program than we are. 1-1
@Arizona-W. They showed things last year, but I still think they're 2-3 years away. 2-3
Cal-I'm gonna give this one to CU. Laid a total egg in that game last year and Cal comes here. Feels like a game we steal. 3-3
@Oregon State. L. Jonathan Smith is a good football coach and I don't see them laying two eggs in a row against us. 3-4
Oregon-Loss. Duh. 4-5
@Washington-Probably the most winnable game we have in November, but its on the road. Don't see a W. 4-7

Basically good enough to fool our dumbass AD into thinking this program is going in the right direction. Its like we've turned into Nebraska or something.
Cal and AZ are the only two where CU has a reasonable chance. The rest range from possible to longshot. I fear we will be surprised by the talent gap in game one. TCU pulled the national ranked classes of 25, 32, 23 and 44 for the years 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 respectively. Those classes will be the 2 deep. 2022 was ranked 22, and possibly some guys hang around from the 2017 class that was ranked 28, nationally. CU for the period of 2017-2022 was ranked 33, 53, 48, 36, 65 and 56. 24/7 rankings, btw.

It isn't the end all and be all, but rankings are pretty useful in the aggregate and give a good indication of trends. CU has never recruited better than a second rate B12 team like TCU. The talent gap will likely be noticeable, especially given the exodus of starters with eligibility leaving CU this off season. (E.g. Gonzo, Perry, Blackmon, Wells, Rice, Stanley, Broussard, Purcell, plus several guys who were not starters but played, Ray, Shenault, Carpenter, Miller).

Dykes is putting in a new system, but so are the Buffs, at least on O, so I am not sure that is much of an advantage. At least it is a home game, but I would not put TCU down as "Very winnable".

If TCU runs roughshod, it will be a long season.

Minnesota is losing basically their entire offense.

Oregon-Loss. Duh. 4-5

We’re going to have major problems against TCU. Both their QBs are light years ahead of ours. Better athletes. Better coaches. 🤷‍♂️

Your entire existence on all buffs has been a bad take
Massimiliano Allegri Reaction GIF by JuventusFC

Oregon-Loss. Duh. 4-5

Disagree. We have to be 5-7. Forever.

TCU and AF will not be close. MN maybe but I think they will put us away pretty easily. I do not see CU favored in any of those. AZ and Cal are the hopes for wins but, and no surprise to board regulars, I would not be surprised by 1 or zero wins and definitely not mor than 2. The talent is no there, depth is not there and we will not have a better coaching staff than the vast majority of the teams we face. These factors do not bode well at all for these Buffs. This will be the worst team and performance sine Embry’s last year and could be worse

Back