What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Network is restructuring

The office was moved to Denver well before Benson became president. Pretty sure it was Hank Brown. Had more to do with proximity to donors (esp. Anschutz) and empahsizing the two Denver campuses, which is where the university was expanding, than anything else.

The office was moved to Denver well before Benson became president. Pretty sure it was Hank Brown. Had more to do with proximity to donors (esp. Anschutz) and empahsizing the two Denver campuses, which is where the university was expanding, than anything else.
Good memory. I think you’re right. I had forgotten that Brown was the one who relocated. I do distinctly remember that their justification involved being closer to the legislature, though.

Not today it doesn't. I'm carrying Youtube TV for local broadcast channels and SlingTV for the Pac 12 Network, Food Network, and Travel Network. Still cheaper than Comcast, but far from ideal.
Thanks. That was my fear.

I really like Youtube for the local channels and NESN (Bruins+Red Sox), but no PAC might be a deal breaker.

Not today it doesn't. I'm carrying Youtube TV for local broadcast channels and SlingTV for the Pac 12 Network, Food Network, and Travel Network. Still cheaper than Comcast, but far from ideal.

Im watching far, far, far less P12N than I thought I would.

I cancelled cable yesterday (my money was paying for espn to air curling, badminton and spike-ball?) and my only concern is watching Buff Football. Is there any app or streaming service that allows this, if you don't have cable?

thanks

I cancelled cable yesterday (my money was paying for espn to air curling, badminton and spike-ball?) and my only concern is watching Buff Football. Is there any app or streaming service that allows this, if you don't have cable?

thanks
fubotv looks like a good option if you want to get a lot of live sports. Only issue there is that they haven't been able to strike a deal with ESPN/ABC yet. And you pretty much get every other cable network with that. $35 a month.

Pac-12 still doesn't allow you to access an app for its programming unless you're tied into a system package, unfortunately.

Is there a way to access Altitude and AT&T Sports Network without Dish/Comcast/DTV/etc? Rockies, Avs and Nuggets games are really the only thing holding me back from completely cutting the cord I think.

Edit: Sorry, this is not really about Pac 12 Network...

Going to be curious to see how much value ESPN+ offers this fall with all those college sports.

Alright, I'll ask the over-asked question: best option to get all sports networks plus the PACN right now? I did Sling last year, which was ok, except the feed wasn't as high-quality as my regular cable. Are there no options to just pay for the PACN alone somewhere?

What is everyone's bandwidth speed for internet in regards to Sling? Would 15-20 work fine?

Is there a way to access Altitude and AT&T Sports Network without Dish/Comcast/DTV/etc? Rockies, Avs and Nuggets games are really the only thing holding me back from completely cutting the cord I think.

Edit: Sorry, this is not really about Pac 12 Network...
Directv now streaming app has local sports channels. Something like $35 a month.

Alright, I'll ask the over-asked question: best option to get all sports networks plus the PACN right now? I did Sling last year, which was ok, except the feed wasn't as high-quality as my regular cable. Are there no options to just pay for the PACN alone somewhere?

No. The pac 12 cannot offer the network on a stand alone basis, per its contracts with the cable companies.

Directv now streaming app has local sports channels. Something like $35 a month.

If you are an AT&T mobile customer with the unlimited plan, you get $25.00 credit towards DTV Now which means you would pay just $10 per month.

If you are an AT&T mobile customer with the unlimited plan, you get $25.00 credit towards DTV Now which means you would pay just $10 per month.
All good and well except that DTV doesn't carry PACN.

All good and well except that DTV doesn't carry PACN.

Found out it is now $40.00 so it'd be $15.00 for me. Maybe P12N will end up on DTV Now this year. If so, I'm going to have to buy a battery pack to put on my Moto Z Force 2 phone.

I believe DTV Now is much more likely than DTV when it comes to the P12N.

I imagine Verizon could potentially buy out Dish which means there could be a similar deal for Verizon subscribers for Sling.

Found out it is now $40.00 so it'd be $15.00 for me. Maybe P12N will end up on DTV Now this year. If so, I'm going to have to buy a battery pack to put on my Moto Z Force 2 phone.

I believe DTV Now is much more likely than DTV when it comes to the P12N.
I have nothing positive on DTV possibility. I never say never, but...

I have nothing positive on DTV possibility. I never say never, but...

Seems like there is a strong mutual dis-interest on both sides.

DTV is all in on NFL Sunday Ticket. They don't care if they have the PAC12 net or not. P12N knows that the only way their get DTV on board is by almost giving the product to them for free, and they aren't going to do that because their agreements with other carriers would automatically adjust making the entire product worth very little.

Just looked at NFL Sunday Ticket...no way I'm signing up for that overpriced garbage...$73.49 per month for four months. NFL GamePass is $99.99 for the upcoming season or four $29.99 payments...I'd go with that even if I can't watch the games live. That is something I would love from the Pac-12 Network...watch any game on demand. ESPN+ rocks since I am able to watch every MLS game out of market live plus I can watch MLB & NHL games on demand. I'm going to see how much value ESPN+ has this fall when all those college sports and other sports are going on.

The next MWC contract that will start in 2020 is one that Larry Scott will have to be watching since that could be what the new Pac-12 media rights deal will be like.

Back