What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Network is restructuring

I guess I am lucky. AT&T U-verse with PAC-12 network, and NFL red zone, which may be the best value on TV, bitches.

All I know is I get all the Pac 12 channels here in NYC. I could give a rat's ass about the rest.
tumblr_n20stkKiWB1se4pi8o1_250.gif

Fingers crossed.

The U-Verse/P12N contract is currently being negotiated and isn’t a slam dunk. Reports are that DTV/DTV Now isn’t on the negotiating table.

Be sure you check your listing before inviting a bunch of guests over.

One outcome is that the Pac-12 Network is finally on the DirecTV family which I think is unlikely to happen.

The outher out come is each school could soon be free to pursue their own wireless deal. This could hurt Oregon State & Washington State since the other schools would be getting more money as a result. This means schools could be free to pursue third tier deals with wireless carriers which very well could be the future of watching live sports content or on demand.

Perhaps it's time to pull the plug on the P12N and sell it to Fox Sports, ESPN, or Comcast?

A very small, but positive step in programming.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/06/p12n/
“The universities and the athletic directors have told us they want to emphasize football,” networks president Mark Shuken told the Hotline.
“We want to give the people what they want, when they want it, and interest is clearly driven by football. We just had to plan how to do it.”

Translation: "The ivory tower P.C. dream of the university presidents to emphasize sports that draw under 100 spectators for home games & matches was a misguided sh!tshow for the ratings and value of the Pac-12 Networks. Our members are sick of losing revenue ground to peers. So we have decided to accept the reality that a replay of a USC spring football practice from the 1980s that we air at 3am will draw more eyeballs than a conference tournament softball game during prime time."

“The universities and the athletic directors have told us they want to emphasize football,” networks president Mark Shuken told the Hotline.
“We want to give the people what they want, when they want it, and interest is clearly driven by football. We just had to plan how to do it.”

Translation: "The ivory tower P.C. dream of the university presidents to emphasize sports that draw under 100 spectators for home games & matches was a misguided sh!tshow for the ratings and value of the Pac-12 Networks. Our members are sick of losing revenue ground to peers. So we have decided to accept the reality that a replay of a USC spring football practice from the 1980s that we air at 3am will draw more eyeballs than a conference tournament softball game during prime time."

Ricky Ervins was a BEAST in that practice.

I’m posting this too late, but the Pac will be showing “The 5th Down” game at 11:00 tonight. I won’t be watching.

Wait...Pac 12 Network is on FuboTV now? I just signed up to watch the RMS w/ CBSSN and saw it listed in the channel lineup. This is great. I am going to compare it to Sling this weekend and then hopefully drop Sling on Monday.

Wait...Pac 12 Network is on FuboTV now? I just signed up to watch the RMS w/ CBSSN and saw it listed in the channel lineup. This is great. I am going to compare it to Sling this weekend and then hopefully drop Sling on Monday.

I've had god-awful centurylink for three years and I have all 6 Pac 12 nets.

$39.99 + $8.95 for sports package - Sling is $25 + $5 for the sports package

Last edited:
Does Fubo have ESPN channels or ABC yet? That's all I've been waiting for.

Tonight’s Pac 12 Network schedule:
8-9: Pac-12 Football in 60 - 2015: Stanford at Southern California
9-10: Pac-12 Football in 60 - 2015: Southern California at Stanford

Wut? They played a home and home in 2015?

10-11: Pac-12 Football in 60 - 2016: Southern California at Stanford
11-12: Stanford at Southern California
12-2am: Classic College Football - 2007: Stanford at Southern California
2-4: 2009: Stanford at Southern California

You get the point. The Pac 12 Network sucks so bad. If it weren’t for them airing Buff’s games in football and basketball I’d go back to DirecTV.

On the bright side, at 7 am they will air a 2 hour version of “2001: Nebraska at Colorado.”

Tonight’s Pac 12 Network schedule:
8-9: Pac-12 Football in 60 - 2015: Stanford at Southern California
9-10: Pac-12 Football in 60 - 2015: Southern California at Stanford

Wut? They played a home and home in 2015?

10-11: Pac-12 Football in 60 - 2016: Southern California at Stanford
11-12: Stanford at Southern California
12-2am: Classic College Football - 2007: Stanford at Southern California
2-4: 2009: Stanford at Southern California

You get the point. The Pac 12 Network sucks so bad. If it weren’t for them airing Buff’s games in football and basketball I’d go back to DirecTV.
They’ve shown the full CU/NU 2001 game several times this week. They are forgiven for showing the Furd/SC games in my book.

They’ve shown the full CU/NU 2001 game several times this week. They are forgiven for showing the Furd/SC games in my book.
I’m more miffed that they don’t have studio types of shows discussing upcoming games or team scouting reports. Stuff like that instead of incessant replays of games of yore.

I’m more miffed that they don’t have studio types of shows discussing upcoming games or team scouting reports. Stuff like that instead of incessant replays of games of yore.
The “Inside PAC 12 Football” show with Yogi Roth and Curtis Conway is their best show that recaps the week and previews the next week. Those guys are so much better than Bellotti and Toby Gerhardt on the weekend show.

The “Inside PAC 12 Football” show with Yogi Roth and Curtis Conway is their best show that recaps the week and previews the next week. Those guys are so much better than Bellotti and Toby Gerhardt on the weekend show.
But what, they do it once a week then show replays?

Back