What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC12 tournament status

I'm going to guess that they aren't going to do that because that technology doesn't exist. But other than that, it's a good plan.
The technology for detecting exists. the only question would be whether the machines could pinpoint the particular virus. Since they have individual tests that detect the Corona virus, there is no reason that couldn't be done. These things operate on a molecular level. Quick answers often reflect a lack of thought.

An explosives trace-detection portal machine, also known as a trace portal machine and commonly known as a puffer machine, is a security device that seeks to detect explosives and illegal drugs at airports and other sensitive facilities as a part of airport security screening.[1] The machines are intended as a secondary screening device, used as a complement to, rather than a substitute for, traditional X-ray machines.

The term "trace-detection" refers to the machine's ability to detect extremely small "traces" of these compounds. The exact sensitivities of these machines is not available information, but a mass spectrometer detects compounds on a molecular level and would only be limited by the efficiency of the collection from the air puffed to obtain a sample for analysis.

The technology for detecting exists. the only question would be whether the machines could pinpoint the particular virus. Since they have individual tests that detect the Corona virus, there is no reason that couldn't be done. These things operate on a molecular level. Quick answers often reflect a lack of thought.

An explosives trace-detection portal machine, also known as a trace portal machine and commonly known as a puffer machine, is a security device that seeks to detect explosives and illegal drugs at airports and other sensitive facilities as a part of airport security screening.[1] The machines are intended as a secondary screening device, used as a complement to, rather than a substitute for, traditional X-ray machines.

The term "trace-detection" refers to the machine's ability to detect extremely small "traces" of these compounds. The exact sensitivities of these machines is not available information, but a mass spectrometer detects compounds on a molecular level and would only be limited by the efficiency of the collection from the air puffed to obtain a sample for analysis.
giphy.gif

Well, can't say I've heard of a "puffer machine." I'll take your word for it, though. :D
I think people are not supposed to notice them. I used to go to Mexico often, and my irresponsible friends would bring marijuana with them (you wouldn't want to risk buying it there), so we kept up with stuff.

Oregon St beats Utah at the buzzer despite Utah having a guy go for 11 3s in the game. Shucks.

Oregon St beats Utah at the buzzer despite Utah having a guy go for 11 3s in the game. Shucks.
Utah was up 1, had the ball, 16 seconds left. Gauh (sp, the guy MW 'fouled ' at the end) dribbled to about 15' from the basket and turned it over - I thought unforced, but no replay. osu hit a 3. made me happy

Would you rather they under-react?

B1G just announced no fans starting tomorrow. I expect all conferences to follow suit.
Of course, I do not want them to under-react, but sadly there are going to be so many people hurt by this situation to the point that there will be people really damaged and other terrible things happening. The NCAA will lose nothing, the coaches will get paid their millions, and CBS will get record ratings. But, everyone in sports bars, restaurants, hotels, and everywhere else will go broke. I think the NCAA should have to reimburse businesses in and around the arenas they were going to play at.

Of course, I do not want them to under-react, but sadly there are going to be so many people hurt by this situation to the point that there will be people really damaged and other terrible things happening. The NCAA will lose nothing, the coaches will get paid their millions, and CBS will get record ratings. But, everyone in sports bars, restaurants, hotels, and everywhere else will go broke. I think the NCAA should have to reimburse businesses in and around the arenas they were going to play at.

Yeah it’s a ****ty situation but if they don’t react they’ll be blamed relentlessly, heh.

I have tickets to an Avalanche game on 3/29 and Lewis Black on 4/3. I’m starting to worry I might be banned from the Avalanche or cancelled in the case of Lewis black. I’m pretty annoyed with all of this.

This is such an overreaction.

Strongly disagree. We don’t know enough. Better safe than sorry. Remember, three weeks ago Italy had 3 cases. They’re now on lockdown. This isn’t because of us 35 year olds that are healthy. It’s for the kids who have weakened immune systems, people over 60 and those that aren’t healthy already. Even if you’re fine you need to think of the greater good and those who aren’t.

NBA just suspended their season, Utah player tested positive. NCAA tourney won't go (IMO).

NBA just suspended their season, Utah player tested positive. NCAA tourney won't go (IMO).

NCAA set the precedent earlier with Ohio following with their “group gathering” bans. Look for MLB to postpone opening day as well. Crazy ****.

it’s all good though, the NBA ****ing sucks anyways.

It's over. My friend I went to HS with has a brother in the NCAA offices in Indy. NCAA will announce March Madness is canceled within a few hours. He's never been wrong on anything in ten years.
Too bad. Waste of a few months of watching. Sucks for the Hofstra's of the world for sure.

As soon as that idiot Emmert started talking about moving venues you knew it was over.
When does this fade away with the warm weather and get back to normal? Any thoughts? I mean are the Masters going to end up canceled or is it "under control" by April 9th? As we stand here right now with the worst supposedly to come, it seems unlikely the Masters will be played on schedule.

Also I just want to be the first person to say I am 100% sure North Dakota State were getting to the sweets! 100% sure! Just try to prove that wrong!

Back