What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PAC12 tournament status

As soon as that idiot Emmert started talking about moving venues you knew it was over.
When does this fade away with the warm weather and get back to normal? Any thoughts? I mean are the Masters going to end up canceled or is it "under control" by April 9th? As we stand here right now with the worst supposedly to come, it seems unlikely the Masters will be played on schedule.
It is 83 degrees right now in Sao Paolo Brazil - the location of a COVID-19 positive person. Warm weather doesn’t kill this deal. Testing, social distancing, and solid hygiene is the only current solution. This is why sporting events that demand fan attention are being canceled.

It is 83 degrees right now in Sao Paolo Brazil - the location of a COVID-19 positive person. Warm weather doesn’t kill this deal. Testing, social distancing, and solid hygiene is the only current solution. This is why sporting events that demand fan attention are being canceled.
The world map shows Africa and part of E Europe as only areas largely unaffected. Higher temperature doesn't seem to be any help

Resident over-reactor over reacts. The pac-12 tournament proceeds as planned.
tenor.gif

Not a fan of the word CANCELLED!!!
Is there any way to play this in May-June after all the schools take their finals, and hopefully the outbreak is done?

so does the ugly loss to wsu (so glad i watched that) COUNT?

if the tourney is cancelled, can we erase that game from the books and our memories???

how does it work?

so does the ugly loss to wsu (so glad i watched that) COUNT?

if the tourney is cancelled, can we erase that game from the books and our memories???

how does it work?
It ultimately doesn't matter as the NCAA tournament is likely going to be cancelled anyway.

Not a fan of the word CANCELLED!!!
Is there any way to play this in May-June after all the schools take their finals, and hopefully the outbreak is done?
I am talking about the NCAA Tournament and not the Conference Tournaments. Wait until Late May-June and it can happen.

Dude what? There has to be a moment we can get back to our lives! ESPN right now is talking about Late May-June

The logistics of rescheduling it would be insane. They're going to have to find new arenas. They're going to have to make sure it doesn't line up with any college requirements (mostly for the small schools that actually do have student athletes). Some players will have quit school to start training for their pro careers and gearing up for that.

It gone.

The logistics of rescheduling it would be insane. They're going to have to find new arenas. They're going to have to make sure it doesn't line up with any college requirements (mostly for the small schools that actually do have student athletes). Some players will have quit school to start training for their pro careers and gearing up for that.

It gone.
Might have to play it in a single City/Location, such as Dallas or LA or somewhere like that.

Dallas / Fort Worth / Houston could handle the whole thing within College, Pro, and Stadium facilities.

Kansas and Duke both won't play, if there is a tourney. I doubt there will be. Even the testing isn't very accurate is my understanding. Supposedly, you can have it and test negative. It takes a bit to rear it's ugly head. They don't know enough yet, hope they figure it out pretty damn ricky tick.

Isn't there a basketball video game that could decide this? Each team is allowed to nominate one player to play its games over the internet.

The NCAA will most likely make an annnouncement later today or tomorrow but I don't think they cancel it right away. An indefinite suspension seems like the most likely scenario

The NCAA will most likely make an annnouncement later today or tomorrow but I don't think they cancel it right away. An indefinite suspension seems like the most likely scenario

There would be no loss if they cancelled it... the event is completely insured.

They’ve been collecting significant premiums for a long time. Not really worried about a mega insurer’s bottom line...
With an exposure that size, it would be a devastating hit to even the biggest insurer (I work for Liberty Mutual, in the division that sells that type of specialty coverage.) That said, that risk is likely underwritten by a consortium of insurers and its also re-insured.

The idea of postponing it is ludicrous. Guys are going to be starting to work on getting ready for their pro careers, teams won't be practicing for weeks, they probably would have to wait until after finals.... I feel fairly comfortable saying that if it's not played this month, it's not going to be played at all, multi-million dollar bath or no (billion for the NCAA, lol. March Madness may be a billion dollar economic event, but the NCAA is only getting a share of that.)

I would also say that post poning a few months will not do much. We will still be in a Corona Virus environment 3 months from now as well.
Canceling or going forward with less people are the only options that make sense.

I would have preferred them to try to go ahead in empty gyms, but I understand the problems with that.

Travel still exposes players/coaches/staff to getting and transmitting the virus, close contact between players and officials does the same.

Still, un****ingbelievable.

It's over. My friend I went to HS with has a brother in the NCAA offices in Indy. NCAA will announce March Madness is canceled within a few hours. He's never been wrong on anything in ten years.
Too bad. Waste of a few months of watching. Sucks for the Hofstra's of the world for sure.

Good call.:cry:

Back