What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

You are opening the door. And the NFL owners are as greedy as it gets.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened here in the US already with some professional sports teams looking for money for new stadiums/arenas.

I'm wondering why the NFL thinks it needs to involved PE. Obviously there's an angle, but that league prints money and there's no shortage of partners in every industry.

I'm wondering why the NFL thinks it needs to involved PE. Obviously there's an angle, but that league prints money and there's no shortage of partners in every industry.

Greed like Jens said and these days you have to line up investors to help you buy a team hence the need for PE.

I'm asking what the NFL would need PE for specifically. For new investors to buy teams? Is that the reason?

Doesn't mean they will be the controlling owner and the proposed NFL rules would cap PEs to just 10% of the team. The recent sales of pro teams in North America has included investors to help the controlling owner purchase the team. I'm certain the recent Broncos sale did include such investors even if the Waltons & Penners had the money to do it all themselves.

Doesn't mean they will be the controlling owner and the proposed NFL rules would cap PEs to just 10% of the team. The recent sales of pro teams in North America has included investors to help the controlling owner purchase the team. I'm certain the recent Broncos sale did include such investors even if the Waltons & Penners had the money to do it all themselves.
But I'm asking what the purpose is? Just to simply allow PE to get involved as a way to keep the value of these franchises increasing instead of leveling off because individual people aren't going to be able to afford $10-$15B franchises?

But I'm asking what the purpose is? Just to simply allow PE to get involved as a way to keep the value of these franchises increasing instead of leveling off because individual people aren't going to be able to afford $10-$15B franchises?

I believe the number of people that could buy a team outright is dwindling and the pro sports leagues are looking at other ways people could buy such teams.

It's also another way to come up with money to build new stadiums or renovate them in addition to the team HQ and training center. You could build more luxury suite boxes & premium seating that doesn't count towards revenue sharing. And increasing the value doesn't hurt when it comes to selling the team. There seems to be quite a few NFL teams that could be facing what the Broncos just faced with Pat Bowlen before the Broncos were sold.

When it comes to CU, it could lead to increasing the NIL payments to athletes and it appears that the genie is about to be let out in that case for any college athletic team. If that means that big renovation of the west side of Folsom Field could be done sooner, that could be great for getting the best athletes to Boulder.

Fresh capital, some owners might want to partially cash out plus, as discussed ad nauseum during the Broncos sale, the list of people who can afford NFL franchises with the current funding requirements isn't very big to begin with it and isn't getting bigger.

Fresh capital, some owners might want to partially cash out plus, as discussed ad nauseum during the Broncos sale, the list of people who can afford NFL franchises with the current funding requirements isn't very big to begin with it and isn't getting bigger.
You hit the nail on the head. This is about partially cashing out and bringing in outside capital to fund new projects within the franchise. No owner wants to put up their own cash.

This what I don’t get about Denver media. What does anyone have to hold Prime accountable for? What has he done since he’s been here that needs some kind of media watch dog to “ask tough questions” and “hold him accountable”?

Increased wins and competitiveness on the field, brought unprecedented exposure, brought record breaking donations and revenue, sold out season tickets for the first time ever, increased diversity, university applications skyrocketed, highest team GPA, etc.

This what I don’t get about Denver media. What does anyone have to hold Prime accountable for? What has he done since he’s been here that needs some kind of media watch dog to “ask tough questions” and “hold him accountable”?

Increased wins and competitiveness on the field, brought unprecedented exposure, brought record breaking donations and revenue, sold out season tickets for the first time ever, increased diversity, university applications skyrocketed, highest team GPA, etc.

I for one am very concerned that if something legitimately scandalous happens in Prime's program that no one will report on it.
Red Wine Ugh GIF by Married At First Sight

i don't care about the local cbs affiliate. i don't care about the douchebag keeler and the biased DP.

they all act like small time journalists covering a lower division team. we are going to win and the hate meter is going to go to 11. here is why: the racists and haters are going to say CU "should" have won more than X games this season and really the only objectively fair bar ought to be whether we bowl or not. the hate pundits will then conintue all kinds of wild speculation about Coach moving on when his kids do. then, when he reiterates that he is staying and he lands a few monster game -changing players (either portal or otherwise), they will shift their attack to say we are somehow dishonorable.

good.fine. throw it all at us. the bonfire of their hate just makes the program stronger. this is happening.
Exactly. We better be ****ing good because I'm sick of all the **** talking by some people in the media.

I get that CP is a big personality but it's ridiculous how hard some people are being on him, especially those assholes at the Denver Post. He inherited a historically bad roster after a historically bad season, and a program that had been neglected for well over a decade and has managed to do a fantastic job of turning things around without the insane NIL money other schools have to buy players.

The level of hate is crazy and it's pretty obvious that racism is playing a major factor. Not saying the authors themselves are racist (I don't know them) but they're definitely catering to a racist audience that doesn't want to see a black CFB coach do well. The amount of racism I've seen directed towards CP on Twitter is actually disturbing and he's being treated worse than other coaches that did MUCH worse things.

Who TF is this Stephens clown?

Last edited:
My favorite part of this whole Keeler thing is watching the legacy media die the death it deserves in the way most befitting of said death; them kicking and screaming like petulant children. The ship is sinking and nobody gives a ****. No string quartet playing. No sadness from the masses, just laughter and memes. If I wanted to read a bunch of beta cucks banding together with a united line of shared unearned entitlement I'd go browse Reddit. At least when browsing Reddit there's no false pretense a bunch of tooth licking redditors have journalistic integrity.

Jim Trotter of The New York Times / Athletic has picked up the story as well.

A few years ago while coaching at Jackson State, Sanders refused to take a question from a reporter when the person addressed him at the Southwestern Conference media day as Deion instead of Coach Prime.

“If you call Nick (Saban), Nick, you’ll get cussed out on the spot,” Sanders said to the reporter, referring to the former Alabama coach. “So don’t do that to me. Treat me like Nick.”
Two weeks ago, Sanders dismissively waved off a CBS reporter after learning of the reporter’s affiliation.

“I’m not doing nothing with CBS. Next question,” he said. “It ain’t got nothing to do with you. It’s above that. It ain’t got nothing to do with you. I got love for you. I appreciate you. I respect you. It ain’t got nothing to do with you. They know what they did.”
I can understand Sanders being bothered by such characterizations, but I also know the skin of an FBS head coach has to be thicker than one-ply toilet paper.

Back