What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

I doubt anyone is much more excited than I am about the arrival of DS, and the changes he's going to help make to the whole athletic program. I think iot's all great and he seems a good and decent man.

But, we are all flawed, and he just did not handle his announcements to the current players properly. You're talking about young men who gave their all to CU and the football program. Tons of emotions, tons of sweat. Some them have been doing it for 4 years. This absolutely should have been a closed door meeting.

The reality is, as DS mentioned during his initial appearance, 'they' are making a documentary of this whole thing' - you could see the cameraman bent down in front of DS as he addressed the players. They filmed his 'I'm leaving' meeting at Jackson, they had to film this too.

Go Buffs!
I guess a flaw you need to own is repeatedly telling a man with more experience how to do his job.

Prime is pretty religious...I wonder how polarizing it will be for the secular Boulder crowd? I don't see Prime saying the stupid **** Mac did about gays or starting a big evangelical men's movement, but I do wonder. Thoughts?
I do not imagine it would be much of an issue. Boulder has its own identity outside of the university and those who are most secular have easier and larger targets than a coach at a university they have no ties with. A larger issue that Prime solves is building a culture that is appealing and more familiar to recruits than the surrounding community.

Prime is pretty religious...I wonder how polarizing it will be for the secular Boulder crowd? I don't see Prime saying the stupid **** Mac did about gays or starting a big evangelical men's movement, but I do wonder. Thoughts?
I'm not religious at all, but if it's what drives someone to achieve and have a strong code on morality, ethics and empathy then it's all good. I don't think a secular audience really cares all that much. Not their truth, but that's very different than being bothered that it's someone else's truth.

I saw a lot of comments today about his "nepotism" - saying his son's gonna be QB (without mentioning that he also said he'd have to work for it).

I wanted to reply to all these people: "Are you at ALL familiar with the QB situation at CU??"
Not to mention the fact that some believe he'll be on the Heisman watch list. He's not some undersized HS kid with one other P5 offer who is being handed the job from day one without proving he can play.

As s general rule I think sectarian infighting among religious zealots is more likely than secularists wading in to criticize someone's faith. So, I'd worry more about more traditional Christians being bothered by Deion belonging to a relatively newly formed, non-denominational church.

If there's mandatory team prayers and privileges being granted to religious players and staff, then the secular crowd will show up to complain

According to that Bammer from last night, Prime's just in this for Prime and nothing else
I work with a diehard UT grad who is HUGE into following coaching changes and the transfer portal. Some nuggets from him earlier this week (this will sound familiar):

1) Prime is only about Prime - he doesn't care about the kids
2) He won't put in the time to be a successful HC at this level
3) You all better figure out your recruiting geography or this thing is going to be a disaster
4) Prime can't recruit Texas because of the Prime Academy scandal
5) He will either be a wild success or an abject failure - no middle ground

He knows there is a very real chance I will be his boss next year. I'm pretty sure that was him pulling his punches.

I'll check with him once recruiting/transfer season is done and our coaching staff is solidified.

We sold our souls? What does that even mean? Was CU supposed to just let the football program go through 1-3 win seasons every year going forward? How anyone can have this mindset is beyond me
I saw the remark too and thought it was ridiculous. The guy was referring to loosing the restrictions on transfer credits and that it went away from CU's academic character. Bunch of ignorant nonsense.

I don’t think there will be a problem unless Coach Prime says something stupid about the gay community. At this point I would be surprised if he did.

I saw a lot of comments today about his "nepotism" - saying his son's gonna be QB (without mentioning that he also said he'd have to work for it).

I wanted to reply to all these people: "Are you at ALL familiar with the QB situation at CU??"
Very true, but Prime would make his son work for it anyway. I know you touched on that. He's got an old school persona for sure.

Very true, but Prime would make his son work for it anyway. I know you touched on that. He's got an old school persona for sure.
uh, yeah. Duh. He publicly shamed his other son on a nationally televised press conference for suggesting Coach Prime should stay at JSU. I don’t think he has a problem giving his kids the same business as he gives to his unrelated players. :LOL:

I dunno where to put this but oh my, peak Aggie fanboys sharing their insider knowledge on Altitude sickness from this ski vacation to Colorado. I feel bad for the dudes with reasonable takes because this level of stupidity is amazing.

Animated GIF

I dunno where to put this but oh my, peak Aggie fanboys sharing their insider knowledge on Altitude sickness from this ski vacation to Colorado. I feel bad for the dudes with reasonable takes because this level of stupidity is amazing.

Animated GIF
Altitude issues are easily avoided. Just need to stay indoors.

*Bonus points to the first person who gets the reference

Most of the tweets ive seen trashing Prime are from sec fans, white sec fans almost certainly, with a lot a maga crap on their timelines.
THE SEC COULD HAVE HAD HIM.....

Fortunately for us, we have a policy to look at Head Coaching Football Credentials and don't have a check mark on the application that asks your race.

You know that decision alone to hire Embree, Tucker, & Dorrell was the proverbial "foot in the door" to Coach Prime.

No matter what you think of our previous head coaches, they all deserved a shot here for what our goal was at the time (Dorrell followed PDS's naive rules).

They all have a hand (good also) in what is transpiring. I thank them all.

I'm not religious at all, but if it's what drives someone to achieve and have a strong code on morality, ethics and empathy then it's all good. I don't think a secular audience really cares all that much. Not their truth, but that's very different than being bothered that it's someone else's truth.
This is exactly what I was saying elsewhere. I just sort of translate what he says into terms that work for my worldview. I think the underlying intention of most all of what he says is admirable. I can go with that.

Back