What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

I think we need to wait until probably after February signing day to start playing that game.
I don't think you need to wait. Let's toss another number then. 6 I'm quite sure that if CU wins 6 games next year Prime could "polarize" most of the posters on this forum as much as he wanted to. And they would thank him for it.

Bro - CU has had nearly as many black head football coaches in the last 15 years as the entire SEC. It’s pretty obvious by now that race is a major factor for those schools.
I agree with you, but.... It would be quite easy for someone from the SEC to say "great, CU has hired a lot of black coaches. How has that worked out for one of the worst P5 programs in the country over that time period." Results do matter, and while we all know there have been many institutional limitations on the program over that time period limiting success, we sure haven't shown anyone that any of our coaching hires before now have been great choices regardless of the coaches race.

Gotta disagree that it is hypocritical, because that's not what Prime said to everyone and also he has reasons. He's telling some of them not to hit the portal UNTIL he talks to them. Some of them he's telling not to go because they need to stay and play to get tape to allow them to move up. Others he's telling to ****ing leave with him.

Why don't these MFers get what Prime was telling his JSU kids. He was telling them to think before they hit the portal and not do it just because they're upset he's leaving. His ultimate point was that the grass isn't always greener on the other side -- they are in a good situation and the portal isn't a guarantee of better things.

Why don't these MFers get what Prime was telling his JSU kids. He was telling them to think before they hit the portal and not do it just because they're upset he's leaving. His ultimate point was that the grass isn't always greener on the other side -- they are in a good situation and the portal isn't a guarantee of better things.
double lawyered!

I agree with you, but.... It would be quite easy for someone from the SEC to say "great, CU has hired a lot of black coaches. How has that worked out for one of the worst P5 programs in the country over that time period." Results do matter, and while we all know there have been many institutional limitations on the program over that time period limiting success, we sure haven't shown anyone that any of our coaching hires before now have been great choices regardless of the coaches race.
TLDR: racists gonna racist.

Mike Leach called one of his players soft on camera, kid entered portal saying Mike Leach called him soft. Major online reaction is Mike Leach = National treasure ; player = soft

I wonder if Prime would be a national treasure in this scenario? Hmmmm… nope
Anytime someone enters the chat about how SEC schools are racist with “we see that y’all had three failed black coaches - that’s why you shouldn’t hire black coaches” we’ve seen enough.

I’m going to have to disagree. On the topic of systemic racism winning isn’t important. Just getting a chance to be a head coach as a POC is a huge deal.

I’m going to have to disagree. On the topic of systemic racism winning isn’t important. Just getting a chance to be a head coach as a POC is a huge deal.
I get that and agree to a point, but it is naïve. Big time college football is all about winning. Over the last 3 years how many of you guys on here have been saying that it doesn't matter that CU isn't winning, it just matters that KD is getting a shot? Nobody. There definitely needs to be more schools like CU that will give deserving black coaches an opportunity. Like any other HC, some will be successful and a whole lot will not. The ones who are successful will move up, but they need the opportunities to build their resumes as assistants at the big programs, and HC's at a lower level. Big programs tend to recycle experienced coaches before they seriously consider giving someone with less experience a shot. They're not real big at taking chances, so the seed for change is not going to come from the top down, but from the bottom up. If HCPT is successful in 2-3 years, big time programs including programs in the SEC, will be trying to poach him. Once we were willing to give HCMT a shot and he showed some success, he was swept up. Change is happening way too slow, but it is changing. As more black coaches are given a shot, the larger the pool of successful experienced black coaches will become and the more black HC's we'll see at the top levels. It's not ideal, but I think it is more realistic than saying winning doesn't matter.

As more black coaches are given a shot, the larger the pool of successful experienced black coaches will become and the more black HC's we'll see at the top levels. It's not ideal, but I think it is more realistic than saying winning doesn't matter.
So we should just wait and see instead of advocating for proactive measures to address the inequity?

I think hundreds of years of history is enough evidence that things aren't changing without deliberate intervention.

"Hi there extremely qualified black assistant coach. We know it sucks that you won't ever get a real shot, but if we just wait for the system to work, your great, great grandchild will have an equal opportunity!"

Leach hasn’t done much national treasure-y stuff lately, but when he was at Tech and Wazzou, he was awesome. I don’t care what you dorks say. Fat little girlfriends, take them someplace where they’ll eat something other than a salad, Craig James kid in a shed. Dude was always good for a quote that was bound to be hilarious.

Leach hasn’t done much national treasure-y stuff lately, but when he was at Tech and Wazzou, he was awesome. I don’t care what you dorks say. Fat little girlfriends, take them someplace where they’ll eat something other than a salad, Craig James kid in a shed. Dude was always good for a quote that was bound to be hilarious.
I always said I enjoyed him coaching a team in our conference but would never want him at CU.

So we should just wait and see instead of advocating for proactive measures to address the inequity?

I think hundreds of years of history is enough evidence that things aren't changing without deliberate intervention.

"Hi there extremely qualified black assistant coach. We know it sucks that you won't ever get a real shot, but if we just wait for the system to work, your great, great grandchild will have an equal opportunity!"
I don't agree in any way with the systemic racism that is clearly present. I don't think this should even be an issue any more, but it is. I have always taught my kids that it's not enough to be competitive, or as good as the people they are competing with in whatever they are trying to do. They have to be better than everyone else. It's not because I think that is right. It is because that's the way things are, and that's the way things get changed. Racists don't just wake up one morning and decide their views are warped, change has to be forced upon them. A hundred HCKD hires would do nothing to change anything and are nothing to be proud of in any context. It only gives them what they think is support for their warped views. A handful of HCPT hires have the potential to change everything, because winning does matter. It shouldn't have to be this way, but the only way you're going to force change is by making it clear that if they don't change they will fall behind. It shouldn't have to be that way but it is. Sorry if y'all think pointing out what I see as reality is racist.

Last edited:
I think running Coach Leach quotes (prayers out to him and his family) through a “what if Coach Prime said/did that?” Filter is kinda brilliant.

Coach Leach: they are focused on their fat little girlfriends and not the game. Reaction: HAHHAHAAHA. He’s a national treasure.

Now pretend Coach Prime said that. Seriously. The posse would be out in force for his resignation two seconds later.

A storm is coming and we are just seeing the front end of it. The best revenge for all the **** that is being slung our way and will be slung our way is to win bigly. The haters can all **** all the way off.

Also, like pretty much every black person in an executive position, if you watch and listen carefully, you can see the self-filtering that often occurs. Coach Prime would never crack a fat little girlfriends joke precisely because he would self filter it. And, yet, we are seeing bombs tossed his way because he is somewhat LESS self filtered than some others who are totally lacking in a personality (Karl dorrell).

I don't agree in any way with the systemic racism that is clearly present. I don't think this should even be an issue any more, but it is. I have always taught my kids that it's not enough to be competitive, or as good as the people they are competing with in whatever they are trying to do. They have to be better than everyone else. It's not because I think that is right. It is because that's the way things are, and that's the way things get changed. Racists don't just wake up one morning and decide their views are warped, change has to be forced upon them. A hundred HCKD hires would do nothing to change anything and are nothing to be proud of in any context. It only gives them what they think is support for their warped views. A handful of HCPT hires have the potential to change everything, because winning does matter. It shouldn't have to be this way, but the only way you're going to force change is by making it clear that if they don't change they will fall behind. It shouldn't have to be that way but it is. Sorry if y'all think pointing out what I see as reality is racist.
Maybe once we get the the point where a black coach failing doesn’t impact the next black coach getting hired, just as no white coach failing has any impact on more white coaches getting hired, we have gotten somewhere. Until then, no.

As s general rule I think sectarian infighting among religious zealots is more likely than secularists wading in to criticize someone's faith. So, I'd worry more about more traditional Christians being bothered by Deion belonging to a relatively newly formed, non-denominational church.

If there's mandatory team prayers and privileges being granted to religious players and staff, then the secular crowd will show up to complain
As will I.

I think running Coach Leach quotes (prayers out to him and his family) through a “what if Coach Prime said/did that?” Filter is kinda brilliant.

Coach Leach: they are focused on their fat little girlfriends and not the game. Reaction: HAHHAHAAHA. He’s a national treasure.

Now pretend Coach Prime said that. Seriously. The posse would be out in force for his resignation two seconds later.

A storm is coming and we are just seeing the front end of it. The best revenge for all the **** that is being slung our way and will be slung our way is to win bigly. The haters can all **** all the way off.
K. Let’s go reverse. Let’s have Coach Leach, Saban, Heupel, Wittingham call ladies “Baby” during interviews or breakfast reviews.
Or critique a reporter’s fashion ensemble how their shoes match their blouse or whatever.
Everyone’s got a personality that works for them.

Back