What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

K. Let’s go reverse. Let’s have Coach Leach, Saban, Heupel, Wittingham call ladies “Baby” during interviews or breakfast reviews.
Or critique a reporter’s fashion ensemble how their shoes match their blouse or whatever.
Everyone’s got a personality that works for them.
i believe that the rules are not the same for poc in positions of authority and white men. it is a bit more than personality. and, this would be even more obvious if Prime were to go to a place like miss state.

we're gonna win and Prime is going to build a machine here.

I hadn't listened to this podcast previously and don't know the guys on it. Link sent to me from a black friend in VA that used to play college football.

I'm only 25% through it. Discussion on the criticism of HCDS and whether he "sold out" and is "doing the white man's bidding".

I hadn't listened to this podcast previously and don't know the guys on it. Link sent to me from a black friend in VA that used to play college football.

I'm only 25% through it. Discussion on the criticism of HCDS and whether he "sold out" and is "doing the white man's bidding".

That take reminds me of an old interview I saw with Dolly Parton when she had crossover success and moved to Hollywood. Country fans accused her of selling out and not being country any more. Her response was that she is who she is, so if she goes to Hollywood it's her bringing country there, not Hollywood changing her so she's not country any more.

Coach Prime is authentically who he is and it doesn't matter where he is.

Coach Prime has attracted fine, helpful posters who like to provide constructive criticism every time Prime has an opportunity for grammatical improvement.

I've listened to a lot of his videos over the last few weeks and, outside of frequent use of "ain't", his grammar is notably better speaking than it is in his tweets. My current suspicion is that he purposely "roughs up" his language in tweets, I'm guessing to better relate to target recruits

Last edited:
I've listened to a lot of his videos over the last few weeks and, outside of frequent use of "ain't", his grammar is notably better speaking than it is in his tweets. My current suspicion is that he purposely "roughs up" his language in tweets, I'm guessing to better related to target recruits
Didn’t you hear? Ain’t is perfectly acceptable now. Added to the dictionary and everything

Didn’t you hear? Ain’t is perfectly acceptable now. Added to the dictionary and everything
I didn't hear that. But I'd be afraid to say the word anyway -- my mother put the fear of God in me over saying that word. dropping an f-bomb in her presence was less likely to result in an ass whipping than an "ain't"

I didn't hear that. But I'd be afraid to say the word anyway -- my mother put the fear of God in me over saying that word. dropping an f-bomb in her presence was less likely to result in an ass whipping than an "ain't"
She ain’t gonna do ****.

Funny how none of the Black and Latino folks in my life have ever tried to get me to talk and dress as anything other than the middle aged suburban white guy I am. (And they would think I was ridiculous if I tried to.)

Respect authenticity in people and concern yourself with their character. It's pretty simple, really.

Last edited:
Funny how none of the Black and Latino folks in my life have never tried to get me to talk and dress as anything other than the middle aged suburban white guy I am. (And they would think I was ridiculous if I tried to.)

Respect authenticity in people and concern yourself with their character. It's pretty simple, really.
I've definitely been mocked by black people over how i speak. I always took it as good natured ribbing, but it was clear that they viewed my speaking style as odd.

I've definitely been mocked by black people over how i speak. I always took it as good natured ribbing, but it was clear that they viewed my speaking style as odd.
How many times do I have to tell you that just because you heard Snoop say it years ago, that doesn't mean you should be trying to drop "fo shizzle" into conversations?

How many times do I have to tell you that just because you heard Snoop say it years ago, that doesn't mean you should be trying to drop "fo shizzle" into conversations?
I think i did post before about the one time in my life i uttered the term 'homeboy' out loud.

I'm surprised Georgians know how to correctly spell the word your.
If i were to rank every school by my perceived intelligence of their alumni that I've worked with, Georgia Tech would be at the top.

If i were to rank every school by my perceived intelligence of their alumni that I've worked with, Georgia Tech would be at the top.
Same. A little geeky, but they're damn smart.

EDIT: A little bias may be in play since my daughter and her husband are both GT grads. But I've met a bunch of their friends, and they all fit the bill.

Back