What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

Sheridan's line is out - Buffs -7

The "line" is just Vegas's way of making certain their own (the bookies) don't get hammered in upsets on the money line..
Gotta have a near even spread of cash bet on both teams, instead of everyone one just betting the favorite. Otherwise, the bookies would take a bath on every fluke upset.

The "line" is just Vegas's way of making certain their own (the bookies) don't get hammered in upsets on the money line..
Gotta have a near even spread of cash bet on both teams, instead of everyone one just betting the favorite. Otherwise, the bookies would take a bath on every fluke upset.

I've been told that they don't do it that way any more. Not a gambler, so I don't know.

I've been told that they don't do it that way any more. Not a gambler, so I don't know.
From "OddsShark" : The initial line, also known as an ‘overnight line’ or ‘opening line’, is an educated guess of a starting point that oddsmakers believe will get equal action from bettors on both sides The key is releasing a number they hope will be right in the sweet spot where half the bettors will pick one team and half will pick the other.

There is no other reason for a betting line! If no one bets on the money line (i.e. the actual) loser, where would the bookies get the money to pay off all the winners? They don't print currency in Vegas, ya know.

FTYYFSNFOHCJUZD.20140920073932.jpg

Like we might be preparing for Jerrard Randall or something, lmao.

Having impact guys walking around in boots who might actually play is some good mind games. Not letting the world know who mediocre QB1 will be out of mediocre QBs is exactly the kind of thing lil brother would do.

Like we might be preparing for Jerrard Randall or something, lmao.

Having impact guys walking around in boots who might actually play is some good mind games. Not letting the world know who mediocre QB1 will be out of mediocre QBs is exactly the kind of thing lil brother would do.
I, for one, love it. CSU finally embracing their natural role.

From "OddsShark" : The initial line, also known as an ‘overnight line’ or ‘opening line’, is an educated guess of a starting point that oddsmakers believe will get equal action from bettors on both sides The key is releasing a number they hope will be right in the sweet spot where half the bettors will pick one team and half will pick the other.

There is no other reason for a betting line! If no one bets on the money line (i.e. the actual) loser, where would the bookies get the money to pay off all the winners? They don't print currency in Vegas, ya know.

I think the statue of limitations have run out so I can weigh in on this subject. I have no idea how vegas does it now but I was a low level bar bookie in the 80's. I would take the bets up until 5 min before game time and then call my bookie (just another bookie that handled more action than me) and lay off all bets I was out of balance on. I never gambled and was working strictly for the vig 10%. I had a couple of smaller bookies layoff to me and my guy laid his off to someone in vegas.

Last edited:
I think the statue of limitations have run out so I can weigh in on this subject. I have no idea how vegas does it now but I was a low level bar bookie in the 80's. I would take the bets up until 5 min before game time and then call my bookie (just another bookie that handled more action than me) and lay off all bets I was out of balance on. I never gambled and was working strictly for the vig 10%. I had a couple of smaller bookies layoff to me and my guy laid his off to someone in vegas.
I think this explains why you are gambling on your car repairs...

Fear the Batau. What if Bobo comes out in an option, trying to make it a 2:25 game with options and clock burning? That's what I'd do if I was the CSU HC. Think MM would have an answer? Hmmm….

Again, that's what I'd do if I was Bobo. Weird to put oneself in the shoes of a guy named Bobo, but it is what it is. I would try to confuse CU, because I'm not sure that CU is agile enough to respond to anything atypical. I think that the Rammoids best shot is to outsmart CU, because we probably have a slight physical advantage.

CSU's OL is built for power running, not Triple Option. They do not have the athletes to run that type of offense. Bobo may have to pull out some tricks but that is not one of them.

Besides our front 7 should be good enough to chase down triple option side to side, and if they aren't I know our secondary is disciplined enough to stop that offense without it totally wrecking us.

Again, that's what I'd do if I was Bobo. Weird to put oneself in the shoes of a guy named Bobo, but it is what it is. I would try to confuse CU, because I'm not sure that CU is agile enough to respond to anything atypical. I think that the Rammoids best shot is to outsmart CU, because we probably have a slight physical advantage.
I would take an unprepared CU defense every time to shut down a CSU option attack being run for the first time ever. You don't just simply install a completely new offense and seemlessly execute it to perfection in game one.

If you were Bobo I am confident that you would not act on gameplan advice from a random poster on the oppsing team's fan board.

I'm confused. If I were Bobo I might be eating pickled eggs in a dive bar in Commerce City while hustling a bleach blonde 50 year old (female?) Uber diver weaing a purple tank top….. Or devising a running game against the Buffs. Actually if I were Bobo, I could probably devise a plan to hang with the Buffs at least until the half. IMO it wouldn't be that hard. Sorry.

I'm confused. If I were Bobo I might be eating pickled eggs in a dive bar in Commerce City while hustling a bleach blonde 50 year old (female?) Uber diver weaing a purple tank top….. Or devising a running game against the Buffs. Actually if I were Bobo, I could probably devise a plan to hang with the Buffs at least until the half. IMO it wouldn't be that hard. Sorry.
You couldn't devise a running game to hang with my high school team

Back