What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandusky update (more evidence against Joe P)

My intern last summer just sent me these.... called them "instant classics."

I asked him if this means that Joe is the #1 pedophile enabler in America.....

PSU pic 1.JPGPSU pic 2.JPG

Not sad at all, never liked the dick **** anyway, he was a ****ing child molestation supporting ass **** who was just an asshole in general

No really Unleash, tell us how you really feel about Joe Paterno.....

Not sad at all, never liked the dick **** anyway, he was a ****ing child molestation supporting ass **** who was just an asshole in general

Agreed on the molestation part. Dont know about the rest.

Still feel sad because of the stupidity of it and the little bit of college football mystique from my childhood that he threw away with this. What was once something special and entertaining between him and Bobby Bowden is now nothing. Bowden is probably not happy to have backed into it this way. FSU fans will gloat even though they engineered his demise.

I dont think they had a choice but to take it. Probably wouldve been even worse had they fought it. Imho, they were in no position to do that.

PSU takes the penalties now with no objection. They need it out of the news as quickly as possible. Furthermore, I would imagine Pedo State officials are worried about the further details that could come out in this whole fiasco. This thing spanned decades and involved a lot of people and victims. The longer they wait, the more comes out, and the penalties get worse.

P.S. I wish the sports shows would stop calling these "major sanctions". IMHO Pedo State got a slap on wrist for the crimes committed.

Last edited:
Bad metaphor alert...
thats_the_joke.jpg

P.S. I wish the sports shows would stop calling this "major sanctions". IMHO Pedo State got a slap on wrist for the crimes committed.

When I was at lunch the local jocks were ripping on the NCAA for being overly harsh. I actually had to turn it off. My dad doesn't even think it is overly harsh and he played for JoePa.

Well from what I just heard on espn, they got the good deal. The alternative, if its correct, would have been suspending the program 4 years. Now that death penalty would be worse.

Locally, I am hearing that some Trustees and Alumni are preparing an injunction. Just as I suspect, they will basically find out that PSU had no choice to enter into this or they will be expelled from the NCAA.

Locally, I am hearing that some Trustees and Alumni are preparing an injunction. Just as I suspect, they will basically find out that PSU had no choice to enter into this or they will be expelled from the NCAA.

Hopefully they fight for option #2.

The first stage is denial.

People keep saying the SC bounced back easily. $C has been appealing for 2 years, so that schollie hit doesn't really start until this year (as I understand it).

Penn St will be irrelevant for at least a decade.
Exactly!!! B/C USC were able to delay the impact of the scholarships for two years, they had time to prepare and start to trim the fat from their roster. PSU is taking the schollie hit at the same time as the post season ban hit. This will impact this program for 7-8 years. Plus, USC is recruiting in California which is one of the top recruiting hot beds. PSU does not share the same capabiliuty as OSU, Mich, Mich St, Wisconsin and ND will pinch the efforts by O'Brian and his staff.

The vacating of the wins is directly aimed at Jo Pa. The NCAA did not want him to maintain the title as the winningest coach. Look at the reactions of the students. They were more upset at the vacating of the wins than the bowl ban, fines, or sholarship reduction.

Since they signed a consent decree, I really doubt they are going to get anywhere.

Exactly!!! B/C USC were able to delay the impact of the scholarships for two years, they had time to prepare and start to trim the fat from their roster. PSU is taking the schollie hit at the same time as the post season ban hit. This will impact this program for 7-8 years. Plus, USC is recruiting in California which is one of the top recruiting hot beds. PSU does not share the same capabiliuty as OSU, Mich, Mich St, Wisconsin and ND will pinch the efforts by O'Brian and his staff.

The vacating of the wins is directly aimed at Jo Pa. The NCAA did not want him to maintain the title as the winningest coach. Look at the reactions of the students. They were more upset at the vacating of the wins than the bowl ban, fines, or sholarship reduction.

You don't think that Pennsylvania is a recruiting hotbed? Penn State recruiting has been down for awhile because of Joe Paterno's age - so local recruiting has not been as good as it should of been. Penn State will be hurt because of the Depth issue. It will take about 7 years to recover - it will take 3 years of recruiting after the ban before they have a hope of having quality depth. By then they might just be a distant memory of greatness.

This is what the NCAA did to Penn St.

[video=youtube;i5OlolbLXvw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OlolbLXvw[/video]

Since they signed a consent decree, I really doubt they are going to get anywhere.

This group: PS4RS is the group called: Penn Staters for the Responsible Stewardship. This is a group of alumni that claims that Mr. Erickson (PSU President) entered into this agreement with the NCAA WITHOUT approval from the Board of Trustees.

Therefore, they will claim that it is invalid.

As I stated before, this alumni group from PSU may talk a big game, but when it comes down to action, I believe (THIS IS NOT FACT), that the NCAA told PSU's President Erickson that he either signs this sanction agreement, or the NCAA votes to expel PSU, effectively giving them the death penalty.

This group: PS4RS is the group called: Penn Staters for the Responsible Stewardship. This is a group of alumni that claims that Mr. Erickson (PSU President) entered into this agreement with the NCAA WITHOUT approval from the Board of Trustees.

As I stated before, this alumni group from PSU may talk a big game, but when it comes down to action, I believe (THIS IS NOT FACT), that the NCAA told PSU's President Erickson that he either signs this sanction agreement, or the NCAA votes to expel PSU, effectively giving them the death penalty.
Well, good luck with that. Given the monumental eff ups and cowardly, rubber backboned failure to follow any reasonable procedures which gave rise to this, I highly doubt Erickson signed anything without a full legal review and assurances that his *** would not be hanging on the breeze like the enabler Spanier's was.

I know you know people, but this looks like an adult version of the lying and kicking your feet in the air childish tantrum.

On another note, I chuckle at the Paterno families desire to : "get to the truth". Maybe they can join forces wiht OJ while he looks for the real killers.....

I would bet you are right in that the NCAA told them they could accept major sanctions and agree to accept the sanctions without appeal or the right to sue or to take their chances on getting shut down entirely. The NCAA probably also pointed out that Penn State trying to defend themselves in court would only entend their time in the negative light and that even if they win the NCAA has the ability to make their future ugly in other ways. Penn State doesn't have a lot of options if they want to play major college sports.

Also some trustees and alums may make a show and a stink about accepting the sanctions but it's hard for me to think that the president didn't at least run the proposal by a representation of the trustees before signing it. Also as the president he would have the designated authority to sign the agreement and have the school bound to it legally. If they don't like it they can fire him but the agreement is still valid.

Well, good luck with that. Given the monumental eff ups and cowardly, rubber backboned failure to follow any reasonable procedures which gave rise to this, I highly doubt Erickson signed anything without a full legal review and assurances that his *** would not be hanging on the breeze like the enabler Spanier's was.

I know you know people, but this looks like an adult version of the lying and kicking your feet in the air childish tantrum.

On another note, I chuckle at the Paterno families desire to : "get to the truth". Maybe they can join forces wiht OJ while he looks for the real killers.....

LOL. Big difference is that I think the Paterno family actually believes that Joe was innocent.

The attitude of denial is exactly why PSU needed a major wake up call in the form of punishment. If any of the Trustees thought they were going to get off easier they were high or ignorant while looking through their blue and white glasses.

Back