What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2020 COVID Coaching Carousel

I don’t mean to split hairs but I saw that on Twitter.

bottom line is that the cultural gap is enormous and he is less likely to be competitive with Alabama than malzan was.

To be fair Harsin was the OC at Texas before becoming the HC at Boise State so he probably knows what to expect at Auburn.

Regardless of who they hire, it’ll be tough for Auburn to top Malzahan’s 3-5 record against Nick Saban.

Speaking of Petersen, odds he is coaching anywhere in 2022?

I don't think the idea that he returns to Boise is that far-fetched, and if I'm Boise-I'd at least ask him if he's interested. Agree with @buffaholic-they've fallen off. They're still the big dog in that league though-they've been in the MWC championship game five years running, so its still not hard to win there because their competition isn't good.

That’s a big one. Watch him go to an sec program with really good defensive backs and start killing it again.

Just saw this. Fedora might be hitting the end of the line.
Good indication that Harbaugh will be there again at least for next year. Some of the fans are getting unhappy with him but he wasn't likely to get fired this year. Some speculation that he might have had enough and would leave on his own initiative.

No sense going through the effort of firing and replacing a coordinator if the head coach isn't going to be there.

Do think though that if Harbaugh doesn't start winning more games including better results against the rivals in MSU and tOSU that he will eventually be pushed out.

Arizona boards....not happy. Belief is that the University president overruled the AD’s preference like what happened with Sumlin.

Arizona boards....not happy. Belief is that the University president overruled the AD’s preference like what happened with Sumlin.
At this point I'd be resigning if I was the AD. No reason the president should be interfering this much in a coaches hire, let alone twice.

The obvious issue with Fisch is how he will recruit. Will be interesting to see how he builds his staff with NFL guys or a combination of both.

Edit: After looking at Fisch resume that dude has been everywhere. Not unusual for a career assistant coach. This is a lot like the Dorrell hire, IMO.

Last edited:
The obvious issue with Fisch is how he will recruit. Will be interesting to see how he builds his staff with NFL guys or a combination of both.

Edit: After looking at Fisch resume that dude has been everywhere. Not unusual for a career assistant coach. This is a lot like the Dorrell hire, IMO.
So are you saying Arizona is a bunch of copy ‘Cats?

I’ll see myself out...

Judd Fisch is one of those high risk, potentially high reward type coaches. It's not a safe move, but when you are Arizona and what's left of the last 4 recruiting classes (which weren't great to begin with) is pure devastation, I think you got to reach. I would probably have gone for the Navy coach or something.

To me, this is an interesting play, sort of like when Theo Epstein was hired to run the Red Sox and all of New England puked. Worse he can do is keep them the last place team in the conference.

The Auburn hire is much worse. Harsin has not made Boise State better, he's not going to make Auburn better, but for a lot more money.

AZ board reporting Fisch had a previous friendship with the university prez...that’s not a great look, especially when you had a booster float a big payment to dump the last guy that you Prez picked when he overruled the AD

Back