What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2020 COVID Coaching Carousel

Part of the reason Texas moved on from Herman is because of the down turn in recruiting the state of Texas. I am not sure if that was a Herman issue or more of an assistant coach issue.
That's one of the biggest challenges at UT. Boosters have so much political influence, HScoaches are celebrities, and there's such overinflated state pride. It doesn't matter what the recruiting class ranks looked like. Every time they took someone other than an in-state kid, it caused problems. Better win championships quickly there if you do that.

I'm more than ok with recruiters at CU who give zero ****s if a prospect is from CO while signing great talent.

That's one of the biggest challenges at UT. Boosters have so much political influence, HScoaches are celebrities, and there's such overinflated state pride. It doesn't matter what the recruiting class ranks looked like. Every time they took someone other than an in-state kid, it caused problems. Better win championships quickly there if you do that.

I'm more than ok with recruiters at CU who give zero ****s if a prospect is from CO while signing great talent.
I'm ok with CU having recruiters and a recruiting coordinator who can get us great talent and give zero ****s on where they come from. I am not ok right now

Good ol boys club

Is Adam Gase's time on Peyton Manning's coattails finally over? My god, he is the Jeff Fisher 2.0 of terrible coaches that keep getting endless opportunities!
AS was pointed out, NFL is full of terrible organizations who love great interviewees.! (Donks, I am staring in your general direction!)

If you're to lock down Colorado recruiting at any position, make sure its OL! CO HS turns out more successful OL than any other position group.!

Last edited:
Do we think the CU staff will 100% stay intact?

I'm not an expert but I have to imagine there are some high quality offensive coaches available. Doc Holliday want to setup retirement in Boulder and oversee our offense's quality control?

I really don't like Arizona's coaching staff. Old guard alumni like Chuck Cecil, washed up retreads like Don Brown, not great. I like Brennan Carroll, but that's about it

I really don't like Arizona's coaching staff. Old guard alumni like Chuck Cecil, washed up retreads like Don Brown, not great. I like Brennan Carroll, but that's about it
Don brown is a great DC but just seems like a weird fit. He will do a good job versus the average and below average teams with elite receivers will put a hurting on them. You have to start somewhere though. I also don’t see the recruiting going well with him though

Don Brown seems like a good hire to me, although it will be interesting to see how his aggressive defensive style fares when he has the least amount of talent on the field. That was the case for Brown at Maryland when he was DC for HC Ralph Friedgen, and they did ok. Nearing 66, this seems like it would be his last gig.

Cecil is boring, but Brown is a great DC and Carroll was known as a monster recruiter before he went NFL. Seems like a good start to me

Back