What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Names on top of Tucker here....
Speaking of guys who could be making $9-10M by the end of the year......how about James Franklin? I'd be shocked if LSU doesn't sniff around him.
Joe Brady/Dave Aranda (who is probably more likely) could factor in here.
Billy Napier too
Bob Stoops? I don't buy it. Kind of think the only way he gets back into coaching is Riley heading for the NFL-but I might be off base.
Whoever they end up with it is going to impact the top of the coaching market.

Likely means that USC is going to have to pay more than they would have.

😂 Dumbass

I would love to hear O mumble his way through trying to explain that to the AD.

Regardless, this is going to be a fun carousel with two top 5ish jobs open.

Is there any chance Dabo decides to make the jump to the NFL?

Orgeron negotiated buyout: $17 million.
Fox Tv Crying GIF by ScreamQueens

After the drubbin' update.

Open jobs:

Ohio- Frank Solich retires at the end of the year after 16 successful years as the Bobcat HC. (h/t Deniro) Health related retirement. Good for him to leave on is own terms. No idea who takes over. UPDATE: Tim Albin gets the job. (h/t hoelsken)

UCONN- Randy Edsall, formerly a hot prospect, has taken UCONN to depths of despair not previously known. Losses to FCS Holy Cross, and two shutouts against Purdue and Fresno St. sealed his fate. Six wins in his four years as HC of UCONN, 2.0. Ouch. (h/t Deniro) Who is the next person up? Don't know, but Joe Moorhead has been mentioned, I kind of will believe that when I see it.

USC- The big one. (h/t Deniro, also check Jens' USC Fires Clay Helton megathread). Mike Bohn is on the clock. My guess is Fickell, and then Franklin, in that order.

Georgia Southern- Chad Lunsford out. (h/t Carolina Buff)

FIU- Butch Davis is a gonna hang it up at the end of the year and retire.

LSU- Ed O out. (h/t Carolina Buff), apparently when Ed O isn't covering up sexual assaults and turning in unsatisfactory W-L records, he is propositioning random women at gas stations, unfortunately, the last lady of the pump was an LSU muckety-muck's wife. (h/t 14er). Who's gonna be? Melvin? Dave Aranda? Jakes Franklin? Joe Brady? Billy Napier? Ed O's buyout is $17M (h/t Creebuzz), about a dollar more than luminaries like HCKD. I would say Ed O will retire and go into broadcasting, but.....

Possibles:

ASU- Herm Edwards has some pretty flagrant stuff hanging over his head, hard to believe it doesn't cost him.

WSU- Nick Rolovich not working and playing well with others. (h/t holic) I thought this could be a good hire, but not looking good so far.

N. Texas- Seth Littrell siting at about .500

UNLV- Arroyo 0-12. (h/t ahoelsken)

kNU- Frosty
Minny rows the boat around the Huskers, fans, admin and farmers getting antsy.

Mizzou- fires DL coach midseason, an impossibility I am told. (h/t Deniro)

Other news:

Urban Meyer- Gets his freak on after visiting the grand kids.

Last edited:
After the drubbin' update.

Open jobs:

Ohio- Frank Solich retires at the end of the year after 16 successful years as the Bobcat HC. (h/t Deniro) Health related retirement. Good for him to leave on is own terms. No idea who takes over. UPDATE: Tim Albin gets the job. (h/t hoelsken)

UCONN- Randy Edsall, formerly a hot prospect, has taken UCONN to depths of despair not previously known. Losses to FCS Holy Cross, and two shutouts against Purdue and Fresno St. sealed his fate. Six wins in his four years as HC of UCONN, 2.0. Ouch. (h/t Deniro) Who is the next person up? Don't know, but Joe Moorhead has been mentioned, I kind of will believe that when I see it.

USC- The big one. (h/t Deniro, also check Jens' USC Fires Clay Helton megathread). Mike Bohn is on the clock. My guess is Fickell, and then Franklin, in that order.

Georgia Southern- Chad Lunsford out. (h/t Carolina Buff)

FIU- Butch Davis is a gonna hang it up at the end of the year and retire.

LSU- Ed O out. (h/t Carolina Buff), apparently when Ed O isn't covering up sexual assaults and turning in unsatisfactory W-L records, he is propositioning random women at gas stations, unfortunately, the last lady of the pump was an LSU muckety-muck's wife. (h/t 14er). Who's gonna be? Melvin? Dave Aranda? Jakes Franklin? Joe Brady? Billy Napier? Ed O's buyout is $17M (h/t Creebuzz), about a dollar more than luminaries like HCKD. I would say Ed O will retire and go into broadcasting, but.....

Possibles:

ASU- Herm Edwards has some pretty flagrant stuff hanging over his head, hard to believe it doesn't cost him.

WSU- Nick Rolovich not working and playing well with others. (h/t holic) I thought this could be a good hire, but not looking good so far.

N. Texas- Seth Littrell siting at about .500

Purdue- Jeff Brohm slightly above .500 in year 6.

kNU- Frosty Minny rows the boat around the ****ers, fans, admin and farmers getting antsy.

NCSt.- Dave Doeren at .600 in year 9.

Mizzou- fires DL coach midseason, an impossibility I am told. (h/t Deniro)

LSU- Pete Thamel and (h/t holic), suggesting Orgeron may be gone.

Other news:

Urban Meyer- Gets his freak on after visiting the grand kids.
You guys think Brohm is safe for now at Purdue after their demolition of Iowa on Saturday?

I will add him. I had no idea.
I didn't either-I noticed they were winless and looked at his wikipedia. I don't know what kind of impact COVID had on UNLV's AD, but I gotta think he's squarely on the hot seat next year if he's still there unless they win a couple games down the stretch.

LSU should take a look at Mike Gundy.

Would he ever really leave OK State? Seems like he's a Cowboy lifer. Making 5 mil in Stillwater is probably everything he's ever wanted.

Gumby Gundy has played this game before. Act irritated about something, flirt with other AD's who have a coaching vacancy, and then negotiate a nice little salary bump.

He'll prolly do it again with this year's carousel.

I expect to see Gundy roaming the sidelines in stoolwater in '22.

Gumby Gundy has played this game before. Act irritated about something, flirt with other AD's who have a coaching vacancy, and then negotiate a nice little salary bump.

He'll prolly do it again with this year's carousel.

I expect to see Gundy roaming the sidelines in stoolwater in '22.
Does he more actively consider other stuff with the Big 12 becoming the AAC on 'roids soon?

Does he more actively consider other stuff with the Big 12 becoming the AAC on 'roids soon?

Hard to say, but his bread-n-butter is recruiting in texas. A gig at LSU would afford him that comfort zone that he might not have at other locales.

Besides, with the whorns and land thieves gone his team might actually win a conf title.

Hard to say, but his bread-n-butter is recruiting in texas. A gig at LSU would afford him that comfort zone that he might not have at other locales.

Besides, with the whorns and land thieves gone his team might actually win a conf title.
True. I think he'd fit there really well.

Back