What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

They'll be fine. He's a guy who changes jobs every 3-4 years anyway so his act had to be wearing thin in AA.
They just won a B1G championship and beat Ohio State for the first time in several years. His act isn’t wearing thin.

They just won a B1G championship and beat Ohio State for the first time in several years. His act isn’t wearing thin.
Look at his career history. Listen to Klatt talk about him. That's what I'm referring to. There's ZERO doubt the guy is a hell of a football coach.

I’m aware of his career history. My point stands. His act wasn’t wearing thin in Ann Arbor. They’d love to keep him.
Oh, sure-but its still Michigan. Gattis (who had a hell of a year) is still there, and I'm sure they'll interview Fickell and Campbell.

And this is why players call bullish!t any more when coaches try to preach loyalty, perseverance & patience for their opportunity, playing for the name on the front of the jersey, and how their word has to be as strong as oak.

There aren't many coaches who can say that stuff these days with any honesty. Fvck, not even Notre Dame and Oklahoma can hold onto their HC in this era.

They'll be fine. He's a guy who changes jobs every 3-4 years anyway so his act had to be wearing thin in AA.

Look at his career history. Listen to Klatt talk about him. That's what I'm referring to. There's ZERO doubt the guy is a hell of a football coach.

Oh, sure-but its still Michigan. Gattis (who had a hell of a year) is still there, and I'm sure they'll interview Fickell and Campbell.
Nobody is questioning that he jumps jobs, but are you going to back up your initial claim that his act is wearing thin in Ann Arbor?

Nobody is questioning that he jumps jobs, but are you going to back up your initial claim that his act is wearing thin in Ann Arbor?
Yeah. His career history and the way people who cover the sport (Like Joel Klatt-who I think had them twice this past year and once last year that I can recall) talk about him.

He just made Michigan relevant on the highest stage for the first time in years. Nobody in Ann Arbor was tired of his “act”

They sure were in August. There's a reason why he typically changes gigs every 4-6 years.

Harbaugh had about as big of a leash you could have before this last year for a coach who had been mediocre up to this point in his tenure (for Michigan standards) that you'll find. He's an ass and a weirdo but the Michigan admin loved him.
Boss’ boss is a big UMich booster and alum. He is devastated about Harbaugh leaving. When he steps off the ledge, I’ll ask who they want to replace Harbaugh.

A couple years ago, I thought that the CFB money for coaches had made it a pretty attractive platform for NFL guys.

Then whole complete and total free agency which means you are always recruiting, even the guys you signed, you are constantly still recruiting totally changes that.

I can see that as a major motivation for a guy like Harbaugh. That inequity was always there, but it's suddenly become giant in stature.

Conjecture is that they wanted another Asst. HC, but keep Embree as (just) TE coach with commiserate salary. (Forever Buff) Wilcott's tweet is misleading, with him saying he's been fired (yes, as Asst. HC)

Be nice to have Embree back with Broncos. Similarity of Shanahan and Hackett's offensive strategy, with outside zone and West Coast.

Conjecture is that they wanted another Asst. HC, but keep Embree as (just) TE coach with commiserate salary. (Forever Buff) Wilcott's tweet is misleading, with him saying he's been fired (yes, as Asst. HC)

Be nice to have Embree back with Broncos. Similarity of Shanahan and Hackett's offensive strategy, with outside zone and West Coast.

Embree's contract also expired FWIW.

Polumbus speculated that the 49ers wanted to fire him and Shanahan said no, so the front office did this. Pure speculation on Tyler’s part

Polumbus speculated that the 49ers wanted to fire him and Shanahan said no, so the front office did this. Pure speculation on Tyler’s part
0.0% chance the “front office” is going around the HC to get rid of members of his staff. I don’t know what Polumbus is thinking here.

Back