What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Tomlin would be a great hire. But he ain’t going to CFB. Even if something happens with the Steelers, he would have his pick of any NFL job
I'd take him with the Broncos in a heartbeat. Maybe, the ownership could get their **** together. I'm not counting on that.

Tomlin is interesting but I wonder if he has the energy to recruit like he will need to. If he still has that, I think he would be a homerun hire. Tomlin would recruit coast to coast and get talent.

I'd put money on Franklin getting the job though. Not sure he likes it in Happy Valley and he knows the ceiling isn't as high as USC.
Isn't it having to go through Ohio State, Michigan, and an up and coming MSU just to get to the B1G title game enough? He'd have a much easier path to championships at USC.

I don't believe Paul Finebaum has much credibility and I don't think Shane Beamer would really consider leaving the SEC for VT.

“And I could also see why Shane Beamer would have a very difficult time saying no. … The lure of going back home. And it’s one thing to have played at a school, been part of a school. It’s another thing to be attached to the greatest name in the school’s history, which Frank Beamer is. So I could see it, yes.”

Isn't it having to go through Ohio State, Michigan, and an up and coming MSU just to get to the B1G title game enough? He'd have a much easier path to championships at USC.
That's huge for every coach. I would think that with the issues we've had with under-representation of AA HCs, being the first to win a college football national title is a motivator too. This could also impact Tucker If offered LSU.

That's huge for every coach. I would think that with the issues we've had with under-representation of AA HCs, being the first to win a college football national title is a motivator too. This could also impact Tucker If offered LSU.
Never mind the CFP, LLC championship -- I don't think a black head coach has ever won a P5 football conference championship, maybe not any D1 conference championship (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't believe Paul Finebaum has much credibility and I don't think Shane Beamer would really consider leaving the SEC for VT.

Yea I heard that too on yesterday's show. Fuente makes more than Beamer although there's not much doubt that South Carolina has more money than VT. I agree with Finebaum that it would be tough for Beamer to say no to VT

Yea I heard that too on yesterday's show. Fuente makes more than Beamer although there's not much doubt that South Carolina has more money than VT. I agree with Finebaum that it would be tough for Beamer to say no to VT
I hope you and Finebaum are right, but I don't think so. I perceive that most college coaches would consider a move from SEC to ACC as a step down. Certainly most would perceive a move from USC-East to VT as a step down.

Never mind the CFP, LLC championship -- I don't think a black head coach has ever won a P5 football conference championship, maybe not any D1 conference championship (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).
Pretty sure Shaw won the PAC with McCaffrey when they played in the 2016 Rose Bowl

It seems like Shaw has won the Pac-12. I’m too lazy to look it up but I think he has

edit: a bunch of guys beat me to it

South Carolina is not a very good job.
Just read a long post a couple weeks ago from a SC guy. He was questioning whether "even more money" as the SEC continues to grow is actually meaningful. Basically that they're just going to be a losing program that pays more for its coaches, that the situation was tough enough before, and the additions of OU and UT only makes the situation worse. Wasn't lobbying to go back to the ACC, but seemed to be wishing they'd never left.

Last edited:
Wonder if EB is going to regret not taking the CU job? He probably had to believe his chances at an NFL job were pretty good, but if he didn’t get a job the last couple years it seems this year isn’t improving his odds going forward.
Hard to believe that if EB wants to take a college job in the future that he won't have somewhat better options than CU.

Just read a long post a couple weeks ago from a SC guy. He was questioning whether "even more money" as the SEC continues to grow is actually meaningful. Basically that they're just going to be a losing program that pays more for its coaches, that the situation was tough enough before, and the additions of OU and UT only makes the situation worse. Wasn't lobbying to go back to the ACC, but seemed to be wishing they'd never left.

When you compare it to other jobs in the region (including jobs outside the SEC), you realize what a tough spot they are in.

Hard to believe that if EB wants to take a college job in the future that he won't have somewhat better options than CU.
Possibly, but the bloom is coming off the rose pretty quickly at the moment. I was not a fan of EB getting the CU job - hindsight I would definitely have taken him over Dorrell, but overall not convinced he’s what we need.

EB is a giant risk at the collegiate level. Flamed out in his previous stint and has been in the NFL for the past decade. There are questions around how he interacts with players and how that plays at the collegiate level vs paid, grown men at the NFL level. He has a few "controversies" in his past that could be scrutinized by media if so inclined. There are definitely questions around how much influence he's had in KC and how he's surrounded by possibly the best playcaller in the NFL (Andy Reid) and best QB in the league. What connections does he have in college to build a staff? Lots of unknowns with EB

Back