What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

An NFL job is coveted because you actually have some semblance of a life outside of your job. The actual season is a grind, but you have lots of time in the offseason. Tomlin would be insane to leave the Steelers to go to USC

College job is football 24/7/365 days a year with absolute no time off. There is a reason why guys like Urban Meyer have the health issues they have.

Mostly the guys who thrive in college are because they are control freaks who are narcistic assholes.

To be fair, 24/7/365 is a big time college job

Coaching CU is like a 10/5/250~ job

I mean take Chev, dude works like 4 months out of the year and chills for the rest of it. He does dabble a bit in writing up plays, but he's mostly off

The "I don't really care so much the inevitable fanny kicking in Eugene occurred" update....

Open jobs:

Texas Tech- Matt Wells fired in year three. (h/t onealcd) Art Briles? (h/t AlbasterYak)

WSU- Nick Rolovich fired for cause over vaccination status. (h/t BCS) Bringing out some of the best recriminations between the antivaxxers and branch covidians yet.

Ohio- Frank Solich retires at the end of the year after 16 successful years as the Bobcat HC. (h/t Deniro) Health related retirement. Good for him to leave on his own terms.

UCONN- Randy Edsall, formerly a hot prospect, has taken UCONN to depths of despair not previously known. Losses to FCS Holy Cross, and two shutouts against Purdue and Fresno St. sealed his fate. Six wins in his four years as HC of UCONN, 2.0. Ouch. (h/t Deniro) Who is the next person up? Don't know, but Joe Moorhead has been mentioned, I kind of will believe that when I see it.

USC- The big one. (h/t Deniro, also check Jens' USC Fires Clay Helton megathread). Mike Bohn is on the clock. My guess is Fickell, and then Franklin, in that order. UPDATE- Apparently, Mike Tomlin is not interested (h/t AlbasterYak)

Georgia Southern- Chad Lunsford out. (h/t Carolina Buff)

FIU- Butch Davis is a gonna hang it up at the end of the year and retire.

LSU- Ed O out. (h/t Carolina Buff), apparently when Ed O isn't covering up sexual assaults and turning in unsatisfactory W-L records, he is propositioning random women at gas stations, unfortunately, the last lady of the pump was an LSU muckety-muck's wife. (h/t 14er). Who's gonna be? Melvin? Dave Aranda? Jakes Franklin? Joe Brady? Billy Napier? Ed O's buyout is $17M (h/t Creebuzz), about a dollar more than luminaries like HCKD. I would say Ed O will retire and go into broadcasting, but.....

Filled Jobs:

Ohio- Tim Albin gets the job (h/t ahoelsken).

Possibles:

ASU- Herm Edwards has some pretty flagrant stuff hanging over his head, hard to believe it doesn't cost him.

N. Texas- Seth Littrell siting at about .500

UNLV- Arroyo 0-12. (h/t ahoelsken)

kNU- Frosty probably done before the end of the year according to Steve Sipple.

Other news:

Urban Meyer- Gets his freak on after visiting the grand kids.

Mizzou- fires DL coach midseason, an impossibility I am told. (h/t Deniro)

Okie Lite- Gundy leverages a perpetual extension (h/t AlbasterYak)

James Franklin- Switches agent to Jimmy Sexton for moving and or pay raise negotiations (h/t nik)

CU OL- Coach Rod fired, now embarking on second career in ebay sales.

Feldman had a report yesterday that Gary Patterson may step down at the end of the year.
Makes sense. He seems completely burnt out.

I think this happens with more and more older coaches in the next few years. The changes in college football are giving players more and more control and college football coaches are the most egotistic control freaks you will find.

I always enjoyed watching him hitching up his pants nonstop while walking the sidelines. Dude needed suspenders.

I think both sides were ready for a change and it had entered the awkward stage of how to fire the guy responsible for that program being in a P5 conference.
Talked to a couple buddies I have to go to their games regularly-and that's pretty much their read. Both sides know they need to move on-but the question is how.

Joseph Hoyt from the Dallas Morning News says TCU's interested in Sonny Dykes.

Go get Gary Patterson RIGHT FVCKING NOW!!!!

(Dorrell is still fvcking hot garbage, in case Saturday got your hopes up)

Go get Gary Patterson RIGHT FVCKING NOW!!!!

(Dorrell is still fvcking hot garbage, in case Saturday got your hopes up)
I won't say why, but Gary P is not coming here. I would be flabbergasted if he even considered it.

Back