What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

He's gone next year

Happy Little Girl GIF by Demic

It's too late to fire Lake with cause at this point unless he does something else stupid (which is not too hard to imagine). UW already decided the punishment for his actions is a one week suspension. To go back and add on fire with cause would not hold up. They will have to pay to get rid of him. The UW AD not really showing much "academically prowess" there.

It's too late to fire Lake with cause at this point unless he does something else stupid (which is not too hard to imagine). UW already decided the punishment for his actions is a one week suspension. To go back and add on fire with cause would not hold up. They will have to pay to get rid of him. The UW AD not really showing much "academically prowess" there.
RG: Hold my beer

Have to wonder if somehow Trev Alberts isn't related closely somehow with Jen Cohen. While I am appreciative that both teams will continue sucking at an impressive rate, I am also left surprised at the inaction taken. Paralysis of analysis in AD land - or just costs of action > than the budget at these 'elite' institutions? May they both go 0 - 12 next year.

I don't know - it really depends on what the internal documentation and communication is. "Suspended for one week while your actions are reviewed" phrasing on the formal notice/letter to Lake would not be at odds with what has been stated publicly (which is, I believe, only that he has been suspended for the ASU game).

I don't know - it really depends on what the internal documentation and communication is. "Suspended for one week while your actions are reviewed" phrasing on the formal notice/letter to Lake would not be at odds with what has been stated publicly (which is, I believe, only that he has been suspended for the ASU game).
From Seattle Times: “Given Cohen’s assessment of a one-week suspension and the statement declaring that Cohen, president Cauce and faculty athletics representative Alexes Harris “do not believe that his actions were intentional or deliberate,” it may be unlikely that Cohen and Co. eventually pursue firing Lake with cause.”
Also, Lake’s buyout is $9.9 million according to the same article. They are stuck with him. He’s actually a pretty good representative of the false bravado of that program’s fan base. His next game will be the Buffs. I hope someone asks him what he thinks of CUs academics.

Back