What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

A

Anyone on this board thinking about getting into college football coaching?
A little late for this round of the carousel, but hey for some of the armchair coaches on here maybe it crosses their mind 😉
Probably the new norm

We’ll see. I don’t think Okie beating Baylor a 2nd time this season is going to be seen as a significantly better win than Cincy beating a Houston team that has won 11 in a row - I think it would be hard for the committee to flip them in that case.
One will be a Power 5 Champion with wins over 21, 25, 21, 10, 9 (including two top-10 wins in a row).
One will be a G 5 with wins over 9, 21 and a one-score win over Navy.

But whatever.

OU message board momentum from Venables to Dan Lanning. I'd rather see Lanning as the next HC of my favorite team than Venables. I'd take Lanning over most coaches.

remember when we thought Lanning was coming here as DC and instead we got the grad assistant room at UGA

:LOL: What a load of crap from Howell. Why hasn't he assembled the staff he wants after 20 months on the job? Would any university think it would take a HC 20 months to assemble a staff? Most do it within a month or two of their hire, some even faster than that. His recruits? Seriously? Of all the things HCKD has historically done well, recruiting is not one of them. It is a stunning admission that these concepts are beyond Howell's grasp. I would not admit that in public.
That's what happens when you're called out the blue after however many years not coaching and you've got a guy on the other line asking about whitewalls.

One will be a Power 5 Champion with wins over 21, 25, 21, 10, 9 (including two top-10 wins in a row).
One will be a G 5 with wins over 9, 21 and a one-score win over Navy.

But whatever.
That’s sort of irrelevant since Cincy is ranked ahead right now - and you’re ignoring the fact that only one of them is undefeated. They each have one game left against a ranked opponent so assuming they both win comfortably, I don’t think there’s enough to push OSU ahead based on this one game.

edit: That one score win over Navy is more impressive than OSU’s one score win over an FCS opponent BTW.

Last edited:
OU message board momentum from Venables to Dan Lanning. I'd rather see Lanning as the next HC of my favorite team than Venables. I'd take Lanning over most coaches.
Talked to an OU buddy of mine today. He lives in OKC, went there, and has season tickets. He really wants Venables. Worried they're going to start from scratch if they go with somebody else and doesn't think they need to. Said pretty much every AC left there either has been there forever (Cale Gundy) or played for them while BV was there (Joe Jon Finley, DeMarco Murray) and they'd all stay.

Last edited:
I remember when Adazio was hired and was interviewed by Kreckman and Lindahl and it was the most awkward interview I’d ever heard. The guy sounded totally disinterested and was an ultimate jerk. Weirdest newly hired coach interview I’ve ever heard.

He may have succeeded if he’d just recruited better dudes.

I’d gladly take Mendenhall as a realistic hire after a year off
It'll be interesting to see, after some time away from it, what happens when he gets that itch to do what he's been doing his whole adult life basically. Will he be content to just live life and enjoy it, assuming he's taken care of his money or will he get back into coaching? We shall see. Agree on having him at CU, that wouldn't suck at all.

Talked to an OU buddy of mine today. He lives in OKC, went there, and has season tickets. He really wants Venables. Worried they're going to start from scratch if they go with somebody else and doesn't think they need to. Said pretty much every AC left there either has been there forever (Cale Gundy) or played for them while BV was there (Joe Jon Finley, DeMarco Murray) and they'd all stay.
I think venables is a decent hire. D emphasis for sec move, rings, great recruiter, ties into southeast.

Gotta say i thought V was waiting for k state when darth retired.

Riley's sooners were looking a little texas tech, got pushed around at home by wvu, bu, osu games i saw....rich mans miss st in the sec.

Back