What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Your take is funny. As usual. Venables has been one of the elite ACs in the sport for close to two decades. He's a defensive guy-and OU wasn't good on that side of the ball under Riley. If they get Lebby from Ole Miss to pair with him, they're going to be fine.
Except his take was exactly right - Venables wasn’t hired to fix OU’s defense, he was hired as a first time HC to replace a guy who won the conference title and finished in the top 10 four of his five seasons there - and went 10-2 in his “down” year. Venables is a great DC, but as a HC he’s an unknown for a blue blood program.

Your take is funny. As usual. Venables has been one of the elite ACs in the sport for close to two decades. He's a defensive guy-and OU wasn't good on that side of the ball under Riley. If they get Lebby from Ole Miss to pair with him, they're going to be fine.
I didn’t realize Venables was going to continue being an assistant coach at OU. My bad, carry on.

You ever figured out why he hasn’t been a head coach? A waitress at a Norman steakhouse frequented by OU staff said it best to me 20 years ago. Real DCs don’t drink Chardonnay.

you've gotta be just trolling at this point. You have thrown out numerous ridiculous takes the past few weeks, it can't be serious.
I've put him on ignore, as I came to the conclusion that he frequently doesn't post while sober, and the frequency has been meaningfully increasing the past several months. I'm hoping he gets some help and doesn't continue to spiral.

Could this year be the end of Clemson's short run as a dynasty program?

Failed to win division.
Losing DC Venables to OU.
Potentially losing AD Radakovich to Miami.
Potentially losing OC Tony Elliott to one of the several HC jobs he's been linked to.
Or it helps refocus them with new ideas.

Except his take was exactly right - Venables wasn’t hired to fix OU’s defense, he was hired as a first time HC to replace a guy who won the conference title and finished in the top 10 four of his five seasons there - and went 10-2 in his “down” year. Venables is a great DC, but as a HC he’s an unknown for a blue blood program.
Sure-but of the people that were rurmored to be in play there, he's easily the best fit. Damn good recruiter. Really, really good DC who could call OU's defense if he wanted to (assuming he gets an OC the quality of Jeff Lebby). The Lanning speculation made no sense to at least me-I think he's a pretty good fit at a place like Virginia, but OU has so many former Sooners who are solid ACs/recruiters that you don't need to start from scratch on that staff.

you've gotta be just trolling at this point. You have thrown out numerous ridiculous takes the past few weeks, it can't be serious.
I don't give a **** what you think of my takes. Yours suck-starting with the whole idea that the guy who has gotten abused by Utah twice in the last three weeks is excelling at Oregon. ****ing Mark Helfrich got them to the CFP title game-that's one of the dumber things (and there are a lot of them) that I've read on here.

Failed to win division.
Potentially losing OC Tony Elliott to one of the several HC jobs he's been linked to.

Losing Elliott would actually help them.

Sure-but of the people that were rurmored to be in play there, he's easily the best fit. Damn good recruiter. Really, really good DC who could call OU's defense if he wanted to (assuming he gets an OC the quality of Jeff Lebby). The Lanning speculation made no sense to at least me-I think he's a pretty good fit at a place like Virginia, but OU has so many former Sooners who are solid ACs/recruiters that you don't need to start from scratch on that staff.
Sounds like a Vic Fangio situation that you’re talking yourself into

Still not sure where the “haha” take came from in response to Yak saying Venables, a first time HC, will have a lot to prove at OU…which is true.

Is he a better fit than Lanning? Maybe, but that’s a whole different argument than your “OU got better” hot take.

Failed to win division.

Tigers have had a nice run with that staff and sometimes it's not a bad thing for a reset after a disappointing season.

Still not sure where the “haha” take came from in response to Yak saying Venables, a first time HC, will have a lot to prove at OU…which is true.

Is he a better fit than Lanning? Maybe, but that’s a whole different argument than your “OU got better” hot take.
My take, “per usual”, was just too outlandish for ahoel. Not like his takes that a 10 win B1G coach is terrible, a CFP coach with top 5 recruiting classes is overrated and not a good recruiter, and that a career DC is going to make OU better than a proven top 5 HC.

Back