What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This weekends games 12/6 -12/7

I wasn’t expecting this to go this way, no. I’m not surprised they’re playing this well though, Oregon has a really good roster, much better than Utah. We all watched the 2016 Buffs, at some point you meet your match with teams with more talent and all your talent deficiencies come out at once.
Don't remind me...

cant disagree with any of that! Was merely pointing out that Oregon is far and away the most talented team in the P12. Their lack of dominance is confusing, if they’re not scary good next year you have to blame the coaches.

They might win the North and it will not be an indictment of coaching if they do not.

The ****ty part of this game is that AGAIN on national television the P12 is getting embarrassed. Utah was our top team and they’re getting killed by Oregon, killing our chances at the playoff. All the reporters and the committee will carry this stigma into next year that the P12 is no good and we’ll again be fighting an uphill battle.

The ****ty part of this game is that AGAIN on national television the P12 is getting embarrassed. Utah was our top team and they’re getting killed by Oregon, killing our chances at the playoff. All the reporters and the committee will carry this stigma into next year that the P12 is no good and we’ll again be fighting an uphill battle.

How is the Pac12 getting embarrased? Oregon looks great.

The Pac-12 is fine.

Yep! It's just as well though. Could you imagine how embarrassing it would have been seeing the Utes play LSU??

This is only concerning if/when CU is in Utah's current spot.

How is the Pac12 getting embarrased? Oregon looks great.

Because the narrative about the conference and Utah is being confirmed. Best thing that could have happened would have been Utah came out and clobbered Oregon and showed they belong. Instead we’re just showing the world they were right all along. Drives me nuts. Especially because Oregon should have beat Auburn and ASU and should be in the CFP.

Because the narrative about the conference and Utah is being confirmed. Best thing that could have happened would have been Utah came out and clobbered Oregon and showed they belong. Instead we’re just showing the world they were right all along. Drives me nuts. Especially because Oregon should have beat Auburn and ASU and should be in the CFP.

I think you and other Pac-12 fans drive the narrative as much as anyone else.

I think you and other Pac-12 fans drive the narrative as much as anyone else.

You say this but we’re having discussions of, “Well a 1 loss SEC non-champion is better than a 1 loss B12/P12 championship team.”

My opinion doesn’t sway anything, I’m not the one who ranks the entire B10/SEC in the pre-season top 25 every year.

Regardless, conference missed a chance to make a statement tonight with Utah.

The Oregan Utah game, in my opinion, is showing why the Power 5 Conference Champions need an automatic bid for the College Football Playoff. You never know what a team can do once they reach that level. The playoff needs to expand to 6 (the five conference champions and one team at large) and dispense with all the hidden procedures that get teams into it now.

Is it just me or is Huntley wilting under the bright lights? Oregon's not getting any more pressure than we did, and the receivers are still getting open, but he's flat missing them, whereas he killed us, and apparently a bunch of other teams, too.

The Oregan Utah game, in my opinion, is showing why the Power 5 Conference Champions need an automatic bid for the College Football Playoff. You never know what a team can do once they reach that level. The playoff needs to expand to 6 (the five conference champions and one team at large) and dispense with all the hidden procedures that get teams into it now.
Never. Get the best teams.

Never. Get the best teams.

Best is such a subjective term, we’re the Nationals the best MLB team? We’re the Blues the best NHL team? Rarely does the “best” team win the championship in sports.

I’m all for the conference champions and an extra team. **** the bias nonsense, let each conference prove its worth on the field. Instead of a bunch of people in a room telling me who the best teams are.

but I’m also rooting for 8 teams.

Back