What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Time to reboot this forum, I suppose

Is Owen really the kind of player we need to hire coaches specifically to protect? No one on this roster warrants that kind of move IMO, just hire the best coach possible and let the roster chips fall where they may.
We’ve seen it alllll over the country. Tons of new coaches have been able to come in and get their guy at QB without too much difficulty. If we hire a good coach, he will find a guy to be his QB.

Mendenhall would be an excellent hire. Proven winner, especially at a place like UVA that has some of the same challenges as CU.

Sounds like he’s interested in getting back into coaching and loves taking on a challenge so maybe we’d have a shot.

Haven't seen Bryan Harsin's name mentioned but there's probably going to be an opportunity to buy low there. Wouldn't be my favorite hire but I wouldn't hate having someone from the Chris Petersen tree

Haven't seen Bryan Harsin's name mentioned but there's probably going to be an opportunity to buy low there. Wouldn't be my favorite hire but I wouldn't hate having someone from the Chris Petersen tree
He's failing at a place where people in official capacity demand the HC to give them a shopping list of top recruiting & transfer targets to get him. And he still failed. How the fvck would he succeed at CU?

He's failing at a place where people in official capacity demand the HC to give them a shopping list of top recruiting & transfer targets to get him. And he still failed. How the fvck would he succeed at CU?
Lol you think the same boosters that tried to get him axed this off-season are offering blank checks to make sure he has a good recruiting class?

Minus the paycheck, Auburn is one of the worst jobs in the county. Toughest schedule every year and the boosters make it impossible to have control of your own program. I would completely throw out his Auburn experience in evaluating him as a potential coach for CU. They are on completely different planets

We’ve seen it alllll over the country. Tons of new coaches have been able to come in and get their guy at QB without too much difficulty. If we hire a good coach, he will find a guy to be his QB.
Right after you ask the new coach about his staffing plan, you ask him what holes he sees in the roster, and who he can bring in via transfer to fix that.

Lol you think the same boosters that tried to get him axed this off-season are offering blank checks to make sure he has a good recruiting class?

Minus the paycheck, Auburn is one of the worst jobs in the county. Toughest schedule every year and the boosters make it impossible to have control of your own program. I would completely throw out his Auburn experience in evaluating him as a potential coach for CU. They are on completely different planets
One of the worst jobs? LOL. On the list of worst coaches to win a national championship, Auburn has 2 at the top. It's hard not to win there.

One of the worst jobs? LOL. On the list of worst coaches to win a national championship, Auburn has 2 at the top. It's hard not to win there.
The expectation is to beat Bama and Georgia on a consistent basis and you get fired when you inevitably can’t do it. It’s a career killer. You’ll see a bunch of coaches this cycle not touch it with a 100 foot pole.

Last edited:
regarding the narrative that CU was close to a deal with Steve Sarkisian but that we placed requirements on him to retain assistants....

I searched for a while to find initial posts on the subject and failed, but my recollection of that is that someone posted something akin to "I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happened" and then it took on a life of it's own and is now referenced as confirmed fact.

is my memory correct or was this confirmed by a credible source?

regarding the narrative that CU was close to a deal with Steve Sarkisian but that we placed requirements on him to retain assistants....

I searched for a while to find initial posts on the subject and failed, but my recollection of that is that someone posted something akin to "I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happened" and then it took on a life of it's own and is now referenced as confirmed fact.

Bread was the source in a post in Barzil. He had inside dope, I believe it.

I believe MacIntyre heavily inferred that Chev was forced on him as OC, so there is precedent.

Bread was the source in a post in Barzil. He had inside dope, I believe it.
Someone directly reporting to LC at the time provided this info among many other tidbits and proved to be very reliable.

Someone directly reporting to LC at the time provided this info among many other tidbits and proved to be very reliable.
Say Sarkisian would've said fine and took the job. Does anybody believe he'd still be here? Personally, I do not.

Back