What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC @ COLORADO Official Thread - 11/11 @ 2 PM on FOX

Beat ourselves all game long. Bad passes, dropped passes, bad decisions. I still love this team and they do have heart to keep fighting in this one. But **** you USC, **** you. Your time is coming, assholes.

The game was there for the taking. Didn't get dominated at the line of scrimmage. Just didn't execute. Two blocked FGs and a pick six. Lucky bounces on fumbles for USC. Montez could've been sharper. Especially early. Winfree and Shenault are our best receivers and should've been getting a lot more balls all year.

There was legitimate discussion that the chain gang on the side had flipped it to 1st down, then flipped it back as it got a little chaotic there. I liked the play call if it was 1st down, but oh well. The odds of a TD, onside kick, and another TD were low, so do not get your panties in a bunch.

Well Winfree impressed.
KD Nixon sighting
Mulumba flashes
Phil got a TD

Thanks to Helton and some undisciplined Trojans, that could have been worse.

Hope Shay is okay.

That’s a wrap in Boulder. Hope the fans help Buffs cross the bowl threshhold in the SLC.

The game was there for the taking. Didn't get dominated at the line of scrimmage. Just didn't execute. Two blocked FGs and a pick six. Lucky bounces on fumbles for USC. Montez could've been sharper. Especially early. Winfree and Shenault are our best receivers and should've been getting a lot more balls all year.

Bobo is our best all-around WR by a mile.

To be fair, the staff probably should have taken a timeout there. If you score, you still have to kick an onside and probably have a minute and half at the worst. Time is still on your side.

I’m order to beat a team like USC we have to execute really well and we didn’t.

Well Winfree impressed.
KD Nixon sighting
Mulumba flashes
Phil got a TD

Thanks to Helton and some undisciplined Trojans, that could have been worse.

Hope Shay is okay.

That’s a wrap in Boulder. Hope the fans help Buffs cross the bowl threshhold in the SLC.
I'll be there cheering my brains off. Watching the Utah/WSU game, I think there is no excuse for CU to lose, regardless that it is on the road.

QB: Well we've got a guy who in my opinion has talent, but still plays a little young. Montez needs wisdom and maturity (look at how Luke Falk handles himself, no frat signs, no referring to social media "hate" in interviews, just quiet, confident, professional), which only comes with more time and play, which he's getting. Hopefully he'll have learned a lot of lessons about college football play this year, humility that comes with a rough season, work on the things he needs to in the offseason, listen to Chiv, and come out with the confidence he plays best with. And Tyler Lytle's redshirt will be done, we may like the "older, wiser Montez" and Lytle combo.

WR: I mean losing 3 good senior receivers (spluttering this season as they have notwithstanding) is bad, but we've got some nice breakout performances by Shenault and Winfree, who I'm sure are aching to get starting roles, which they'll get, and JMac will be around still and he's frickin solid. I'm excited to see how they tear it up out there.

O-Line: can't be worse than this year. And they've shown some subtle signs of improvement overall from the dog**** early season games.

Defense: let's be honest, they need some work. But new DC, couple terrible games, lots of losses (to the pros, though) of good seniors last year, it was no surprise they would struggle. I think some of us got stricken with a little false optimism when we won a few early games, but they were cupcake games that really the opponent shouldn't have been scoring much in at all, but they made a game of it. In retrospect, that was a bad sign. Plus side: it won't be as bad as this year, should be better.

RB: Well you can't replace PLinz. You really can't. But Dixon may and adkins may have the talent. That's a little of an unknown.

ST: Stefanou's good enough to be reliable, got some leg to hit 50+'ers, and got two blocked this year to take him out of the running to go pro. He'll be around. Punting's also been awesome under Kinney.

Last edited:
Back