What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Ann Arbor Michigan

They are investigating to see if what he did broke that or any other rule. Until all facts are known we can't say they broke the rules. So far there is no evidence that he attended any games, in fact it seems the evidence shows he didn't. We don't even know if they actually have video of signals.
And the serial killer is really a good boy, just ask his mother.

I think the argument is not that Michigan cheated, it's whether or not they're going to find a loophole through which they can weasel out of it. Or maybe more importantly, the NCAA can find a way to weasel out of punishing them.

I am curious if the dude who obviously committed federal computer crimes did stuff that the NCAA can ignore, too.

-- Sorry, ever since the NCAA became utter cowards and walked back their Penn Stste sanctions, I don't believe that they actually want to police the big programs.

I think the argument is not that Michigan cheated, it's whether or not they're going to find a loophole through which they can weasel out of it. Or maybe more importantly, the NCAA can find a way to weasel out of punishing them.

I am curious if the dude who obviously committed federal computer crimes did stuff that the NCAA can ignore, too.

-- Sorry, ever since the NCAA became utter cowards and walked back their Penn Stste sanctions, I don't believe that they actually want to police the big programs.
The difference is that they realized they actually had no authority over Penn State as a football program due to actual crimes that had been committed over many years. That’s why they walked them back. This is directly breaking NCAA rules. They’re going to get hammered.

They had no jurisdiction in the PSU situation. Let’s not go down this path again.

The NCAA: you can violate boys, but tape opponents, and we'll make you pay.
A former coach with use of the facilities to run a charity which turned out to be a front for raping kids and the HC obstructing the reporting & investigation is about the worst thing we've ever seen in a college football program. It's also not something over which the NCAA has jurisdiction.

Last edited:

d03602f4-94ae-4246-bcfe-cadf962461ea_text.gif

I don't buy that Michigan is moving forward with Harbaugh's extension "quickly". There's no reason to do it until this is settled and there is far too much going on at the and up in the air at the moment to make that kind of decision. Of course, I guess there could be a specific clause in the contract that says if any of this comes back on him or the program, the contract is void, but if that's the case, I'm not sure why Harbaugh would agree to it. There's also the matter of Warde Manuel not liking Harbaugh that makes this more unbelievable.

like what happens at the end of the classic movie, Red Dawn, the wolverines will die in a very spectacular and sad way at the hands of the ncaa.

vacating wins coming.

Sad Alice In Wonderland GIF

Help me out. I can't decide. Is the funniest outcome:
  1. They run the table and win the Natty, which has to be vacated.
  2. Harbaugh feels the walls closing in and quits midseason (to take the Raiders job?), and then they run the table and win the Natty which is vacated
  3. They lose every single game left on their schedule, and their wins are vacated

I'm in envy of Michigan...if this was happening at CU, the football program could be cut.

Pete Thamel said on McAfee yesterday that this won't come to a resolution until well after the season is over. He said even if the NCAA wrapped up its investigation today, UM has 90 days to respond to the notice which puts this into February. Then you have an extended period of time with negotiations or legal maneuvers. I don't even think the investigation and fact finding will end before the season is done.

Pete Thamel said on McAfee yesterday that this won't come to a resolution until well after the season is over. He said even if the NCAA wrapped up its investigation today, UM has 90 days to respond to the notice which puts this into February. Then you have an extended period of time with negotiations or legal maneuvers. I don't even think the investigation and fact finding will end before the season is done.
Right. It’s really up to the B1G to do anything tangible that would impact this season and they have a brand new commissioner who isn’t likely going do anything drastic right now

Back