What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week One Other Games Thread

Did anyone else watch the Arizona Hawaii game? That was a great game. I won't do any spoilers of the last 10 seconds for ya either but WOW!

It was 3 days ago, so screw the spoilers.

If Tate goes to the corner instead of cutting back, he scores. Cutting back to what looked like more open space allowed the defender to run him down.

As it was, Arizona had no business being within 1.5 yards of OT, the way their defense got abused.

As good as Clemson is I also thought 36 is a bit high for this one until I remembered that GT is switching schemes and going away from the option. And trying to break in a new offense on the road against this defense has disaster written all over it.

And Clemson cruised the last half of 2018. Easy cover by Clemson IMO.

Keep an eye on that ASU opener too, Kent State + 24.5

There was actually a cool ESPN (I know shocker) article about Buddy Teevens at Dartmouth and how they don’t hit at all in preseason! Obviously different level of competition but the injury reduction is pretty staggering and they haven’t noticed any effects as far as in season tackling.

So GA Southern were 2-10 last year and are getting 28 @ LSU. I would think LSU can handle that. O/U 53.

Rice was 2-11 last year @ Army who were 11-2 Rice getting 23.5 Rice are 3-2 vs Army in their last 5 head to head meetings

If Rice scored first Army would be chasing that spread all day.

Also James Franklin is a classless idiot and the State Pen will probably try to blow out a 4 win from last year Idaho Vandals team.
PSU -39.5

Can't bet on PSU though, hate them too much.

There was actually a cool ESPN (I know shocker) article about Buddy Teevens at Dartmouth and how they don’t hit at all in preseason! Obviously different level of competition but the injury reduction is pretty staggering and they haven’t noticed any effects as far as in season tackling.
There was a D3 program (from Minnesota maybe) that won a bunch of national titles with the coach having a no hitting policy at practice, iirc. My feeling on this is that you are what you emphasize. Finesse football can win, especially at a lower level, but when you get to the highest levels the ability to gain advantage from scheme and execution is slim -- it mostly comes down to the toughest, most physical team wins (or the quarterback).

It's how they tackle that is the problem now IMO. Not that they don't tackle enough in practice. If you cant just run into the guy head first, then he runs past you. It's moronic.

Kinda ball don't lie on that FG, that penalty to extend the drive was weak.
I mean he has already missed two other kicks tonight. Holding for the left footed kicker is apparently harder?

I cannot believe the level of ball control that Utah is employing right now. I think BYU has had the ball a total of 2.5min this HALF!

Utah's defense is legit. Two pick-6's outscores BYU's offense 13-12. Now Utah's offense, OTOH, seems pretty pedestrian. I'm sure they'll get that fixed by the time we see them, though.

So GA Southern were 2-10 last year and are getting 28 @ LSU. I would think LSU can handle that. O/U 53.

Try reversing that ... Ga Southern was 10-2 last regular season and went to and won a bowl game. Check your facts before posting stupid ****..

Back