What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week One Other Games Thread

My brother got his MBA from Ga Southern when he was stationed at Glencoe NAS, and they played my undergrad alma mater (EMU) in that bowl game. We watched it together over a friendly wager. I lost. :(

Utah's defense is legit. Two pick-6's outscores BYU's offense 13-12. Now Utah's offense, OTOH, seems pretty pedestrian. I'm sure they'll get that fixed by the time we see them, though.
I said this a while back, I think their QB is a liability for them. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get benched this year. Their RB (Moss) OTOH, looks legit.

A couple of intriguing games tonight - Army is taking on Rice and should win easily but next week they go to Ann Arbor and if they can pull the upset there they have a real shot at going 13-0. Also the USU-Wake game, I mentioned this in the gambling thread but Wake has the potential to be a mild surprise this year and with their schedule if they win tonight they could be sitting there at 6-0.

ESPN was saying Utah's D line is the best in hte nation....that's scary

Love that UCLA and Arizona both lost, though.

There was a D3 program (from Minnesota maybe) that won a bunch of national titles with the coach having a no hitting policy at practice, iirc. My feeling on this is that you are what you emphasize. Finesse football can win, especially at a lower level, but when you get to the highest levels the ability to gain advantage from scheme and execution is slim -- it mostly comes down to the toughest, most physical team wins (or the quarterback).
John Gagliardi (Trinidad CO native) was the pioneer of this at St. John's (MN) University. Seemed to work out quite well given he's the winningest college coach in history (And was an incredible dude by the way)

ESPN was saying Utah's D line is the best in hte nation....that's scary

Love that UCLA and Arizona both lost, though.

We'll see. I think BYU was much more fired up for this game than Utah was, but still BYU had some terrible turnovers that made Utah's defense look better than they actually played. Utah's defensive line had some success, but maybe not as much as the best defensive line in the nation should have against a G5 team.

Of course, they have the entire season to fix any first game issues they might have had last night.

Utah's defense is legit. Two pick-6's outscores BYU's offense 13-12. Now Utah's offense, OTOH, seems pretty pedestrian. I'm sure they'll get that fixed by the time we see them, though.

BYUs defense had the right idea for how to stop them-key on Moss and force Huntley to win the game. BYUs offense is inept.

Try reversing that ... Ga Southern was 10-2 last regular season and went to and won a bowl game. Check your facts before posting stupid ****..

LSU gets the Oklahoma treatment from me for now-we're hearing about Joe Brady being this wunderkind who will revolutionize their offense all summer.....lets see what you when the lights are on.

We'll see. I think BYU was much more fired up for this game than Utah was, but still BYU had some terrible turnovers that made Utah's defense look better than they actually played. Utah's defensive line had some success, but maybe not as much as the best defensive line in the nation should have against a G5 team.

Of course, they have the entire season to fix any first game issues they might have had last night.
Felt the same. I thought the Utah hype is way over done at this point. BYU is better than CSU, but if CU dismantles CSU the way we expect, will the broadcasters declare CU as having the best (fill in the blank) in the country? Doubtful.

A couple of intriguing games tonight - Army is taking on Rice and should win easily but next week they go to Ann Arbor and if they can pull the upset there they have a real shot at going 13-0. Also the USU-Wake game, I mentioned this in the gambling thread but Wake has the potential to be a mild surprise this year and with their schedule if they win tonight they could be sitting there at 6-0.
Dude. There is only ONE game that matters tonight...

Felt the same. I thought the Utah hype is way over done at this point. BYU is better than CSU, but if CU dismantles CSU the way we expect, will the broadcasters declare CU as having the best (fill in the blank) in the country? Doubtful.

Well if Viska outscores CSU (which is likely) they should.

Dude. There is only ONE game that matters tonight...

Yes, there is.....but I for one am I going to try and parlay us with Wisconsin and their under to increase the payday this evening.

I said this a while back, I think their QB is a liability for them. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get benched this year. Their RB (Moss) OTOH, looks legit.

Their schedule is a ****ing joke. They might go into Washington in November undefeated or with one loss.

If CSU had BYU's lines, they would be dangerous.
giphy.gif

BYUs defense had the right idea for how to stop them-key on Moss and force Huntley to win the game. BYUs offense is inept.

I always get a kick out of a people that have no idea what they're watching. That or you just didn't actually watch the game.

BYU did the exact opposite of your post. They were frequently in a 3 man zone or Nickel defense and were forcing Utah to run the ball or take short-mid range passes. BYU probably expected Moss not to play or be as effective as he was and then refused to adapt in the 2nd half.

I think BYU will grade out as a top 50 team this year. They're nothing like CSU.

They'd beat CSU if you put the two of them on a field right now, but I could see a pretty ugly season for them. I don't see them beating Tennessee, USC, or Washington after yesterday. Boise is good enough to beat them, and Utah State is too. They also go to USF and San Diego State. 4-8 isn't out of the question.

I always get a kick out of a people that have no idea what they're watching. That or you just didn't actually watch the game.

BYU did the exact opposite of your post. They were frequently in a 3 man zone or Nickel defense and were forcing Utah to run the ball or take short-mid range passes. BYU probably expected Moss not to play or be as effective as he was and then refused to adapt in the 2nd half.

Utah had a field goal and a defensive touchdown in the first half-game ended when BYU fumbled the ball off the missed chip shot in the 3rd quarter (Utah scores there to go up 23-6) and then Wilson's second pick 6 (30-6). Actually liked what I saw from the BYU defense, but their offense was AWFUL.

UC Davis are favored at CAL??? That is a terrible look for the Pac-Awful. What in the hay happened to that Cal program.

Cincy covered easily. I'm heating up.

I think HOU might beat OK outright.

It says Cal are 3 point dogs in the NY Post...I'm a moron....this is why people don't read newspapers anymore.

Back